The Girls

SHE'S THE WHAT?!?

On TV:


"The great and wealthy Choi Sung Jung, once again gets another winning investment. Here we are in front of the main building of the Choi Company." 


The reporter runs to the entrance where a good-looking, middle-aged man came out with bodyguards. "Mr. Choi, how do you feel about making another successful investment?" The reporter enthusiastically shoves the mic in front of the smiling man that he called Mr. Choi. 


The man gave a hearty laugh and politely pushed the mic a bit to give himself a little space. "Well, I believed in them, and I knew they were going to be successful, I'm not that surprised..."



Two people watching TV in a closed cafe:


"I can't believe it, he did it again..." A short girl with long reddish brown hair said while staring at the TV.


"I can...he always knew which person to trust..." A taller girl with long brunette hair said while she was wiping the counter with a small smile.


The shorter girl turned to look at her friend. "Of course you can, Sooyoung...you always see the best in him~"  She put her arms on the counter and stared at her friend.  


"Tae-unnie, I have to..." Sooyoung said as she stopped wiping and stared back at her friend.


Taeyeon rolled her eyes and propped her chin on her hand. "So when are you coming out of the closet?" 


Sooyoung gave her confused face. "I don't want to sound arrogant, but look outside, I'm pretty sure I already did." She calmly said. 


They both turned to the entrance, and they both saw girls looking in waiting for them to open the cafe for the day. Taeyeon laughed. "I didnt mean that kind of 'comin out of the closet'." Ever since Sooyoung revealed that she was biual at her college, girls of different kinds came to the cafe, trying to woo the girl or at least get some attention from her.
 

None so far, has gotten her attention...well not romantically anyways. 


"Then what did you mean?" Sooyoung asked as she restocked the coffee cups. 


"I meant when are you going start telling people, that 'The great and wealthy Choi Sung Jung' is your dad?" Taeyeon asked as she grabbed the cloth Sooyoung was using to clean the counter and started to wipe a table. 


"I'm never going to start advertising that he's my dad." Sooyoung said as she prepared to open the entrance door. 


"Why not~?"


Sooyoung just smiled and opened the door, she turned to the entering customers. "Welcome to SooTae Cafe~ take a seat and I'll serve you in a minute." 


Her fans simply swooned over Sooyoung's sincere smile as they walked towards a nearby table to sit in. 


Sooyoung turned to Taeyeon and smiled at her. "I like how things are right now, and some things will probably change if I revealed my little secret...and I really wouldn't like that~"


Taeyeon shook her head and went behind the counter. Sooyoung went to a table with a charming smile on her face, paper and pen in her hands. 


"Good morning~! How are you today?"


"Hi, Sooyoung." A girl with a face familiar to Sooyoung greeted enthusiastically. 


"Hi...um..." Unfortunately, Sooyoung was bad with names. 


"Jooyeon." The girl was inwardly sad that the Sooyoung  forgot her name for the 3rd time. 


"Ah! That's right~!" Sooyoung lightly hit her own forehead with her pen, the cute little action made other girls on the table (and the other girls in the cafe watching Sooyoung) squeal, and it also made Jooyeon's sadness slightly fade.


"Sorry, Jooyeon-unnie...I have a bad habit off forgetting things so it makes it hard for me to remember names...And sometimes I forget Taeyeon's name too~ So don't feel bad cause I don't want you to be sad okay?" Sooyoung unconsciously said in a cute way. 


Jooyeon melted at Sooyoung's unconscious aegyo and it completely vaporized the sadness she felt.


"I-Its...u-um...its..fi-fi...its fine..." Jooyeon blushed as she stuttered. Sooyoung slightly tilted her head and was confused about the poor girl's stutter.


Sooyoung nodded oblivious to the look of admiration on Jooyeon's face. "So what would you guys like to order?"


Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung taking the first table's order and switched her view to the faces of the adoring fans of her best friend. Taeyeon laughed a bit as she the machines and got ready to take orders behind the counter (though she's pretty positive that everyone is just gonna wait for Sooyoung to take their orders). She realized a small smile, or a small action can make Sooyoung look like the most adorable person. Taeyeon was thankful that all this popularity wasn't getting into Sooyoung's head, but that's nothing compared to her refusal to live a luxurious life that she has an option to live. She got lost in her thoughts as she stared at the counter when a hand slapped down a piece of paper in her line of sight. 


"Wakey-wakey Tae-unnie~!!, here's the first table's orders... Wait...Do you think you can do that or are you too tired?" Sooyoung asked in a sincere concerned tone. 


Taeyeon loved that her best friend was so thoughtful. "Of course my giant of a friend, just daydreaming a bit~"


Sooyoung laughed, and turned to go towards another table. "You can do that on your break, but work a bit for now~" She smiled playfully, and another wave of squealing came around the cafe. Taeyeon shook her head, and turned her attention to their first order of the day. 


The entrance bell rang as an obnoxious group of people walked into the cafe.


As the older girl finished the first table's orders she turned to put it on the counter for Sooyoung to take, Taeyeon heard the entrance bell and was about to happily greet the entering customers with a smile, but only a frown showed on her face. 


Wanna know the reason?


Well...Sooyoung is still a girl, even if she came out as a biual, there were still a bunch of her men suitors that think that they can 'straighten' out the ''half of gayness' inside of her, which by the way sounds incredibly stupid. 


"What are you doing here?" Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at the idiotic boys. 


The boys obliviously grinned at Taeyeon. "We're here to see Sooyoung." Taeyeon sighed and pointed to the table in the corner where they were definitely going to be last to talk to Sooyoung. 


"Really Taeyeon?" A blonde haired guy whined.


Taeyeon  in return raised her eyebrow. "Do you have something to say, Kai?"


"You've known me for 5 years, can't you make an exception?" Kai pleaded. 


"I'd love to...Except the only table left is the one in the corner...you guys came later than the girls." Taeyeon  said with a smirk. 


"Oh~ You are evil..." He said accusingly as he pushed the group to the corner table. 


As they left the counter, Sooyoung arrived with another order. "What was that?" She asked as she put down the paper and picked up the first orders. 


Taeyeon shook her head. "Its just Kai and his complaints again...though this time, it seems like he made an alliance with the rest of your male suitors." 


"Go easy on him, we were good friends for 4 years." Sooyoung said as she left the counter. 


Taeyeon started the second order. "Yeah, until he became all arrogant and stuff." She mumbled. 


As Taeyeon turned back around to put the second orders on the counter for Sooyoung to take, she sees a blonde girl looking in from outside directly looking at Sooyoung with an unreadable expression.


She smirked. "New fan equals new customer..." She shook her head and waited for Sooyoung to come back. 


When she did, Taeyeon pointed right at the window and Sooyoung followed. When the blonde girl notices that Sooyoung is looking, she immediately puts a scowl on her face. Taeyeon was confused.  


Sooyoung groaned. "Ugh...it's her..." 


Taeyeon's eyebrows scrunched together. "Her?" 


Sooyoung faced Taeyeon. "The cold girl in my college that's cold to everyone...and I don't know why but she's especially harsh to me." 


The entrance bell rings, which makes both Sooyoung and Taeyeon look up from their conversation. There walking in was the blonde girl with the said scowl on her face.


Though Sooyoung's not really thrilled, she sincerely puts a smile on her face. "Good morning Jessica-ssi." 


Taeyeon could see that Jessica was a bit taken back by the smile, but it was amazing to her how she could cover her emotions that quickly. 


Jessica scoffs. "I would think that you wouldn't want me in here."


Sooyoung gently shook her her, as she kept her kind smile in place. "All customers are welcome." 


Jessica rolls her eyes, searches the cafe with her eyes and spots her best friend. "Has Sunny ordered yet?" She asked as she turned back to Sooyoung. 


Sooyoung nodded and held up a piece of paper, "I just finished taking her order...Do you want to add your order?" She asked politely, as she prepared to write. 


"Yeah, I'd like a mocha frappe." Jesica said in a bored-like voice. 


"Alright it'll only tak-"


Before she could finish, Jessica abruptly turned from Sooyoung and went towards Sunny. 


Sooyoung pouted and turned to Taeyeon. "Ya see...harsh." 


Taeyeon raised an eyebrow, she knows Sooyoung didn't notice cause she was writing her order down, but was it her imagination or did she see a tint of pink forming on the blonde girl's cheek. "That's a bit suspicious..." She mumbled as she stared at the back of Jessica's head. 


"What is?" Sooyoung asked interrupting Taeyeon's train of thought. 


"Nothing..." Taeyeon replied.


Sooyoung smirked, "Were you daydreaming again?" 


Taeyeon  just looked at her with sheepish smile. 


Sooyoung shook her head and went to take more orders. 



A girl with bright red hair was staring at several pictures of a tall brunette girl. 


"She's so pretty..." She said with a sigh. 


"Who's pretty?" A black-haired beauty asked as she passed by the redhead. 


The redhead stared at the picture some more and decided to answer, "This one girl is an owner of a famous café downtown, I think she's--I mean her café is my potential article." 


"Tiffany, if you're just going to use your job to get close to her, then forget it." The girl with black hair said.


"But Yuri, I'm not, I will do my job seriously, but the benefit is getting to know her." Tiffany said.


Yuri sighed. "Let me see a picture of her." Tiffany handed her the pictures she had been looking at. 


Yuri looked through the pictures and dropped the piece of bread she was chewing on. "Wow...she is really pretty...maybe I should go and interview her instead." 


Tiffany pouted and snatched the pictures back. "Hey! I wasn't done looking!" Yuri exclaimed. 


"I call dibs and how do you think Yoona would feel if I told her." Tiffany smirked. 


Yuri sheepishly smiled, "I was only kidding, Yoona is my one and only love...The admiration I find in that girl is one of a fan, so don't worry about me." Tiffany rolled her eyes as she sat back down.


"What you should worry about is the other girls that adore her, look in every one of those pictures, there's a ton of girls with hearts for eyes, I actually wouldn't be surprised to know she has a boyfriend." 


Tiffany shook her head. "I did my research, and people said she was biual, and that she has yet to find a soulmate." 


"And where do you think you fit in her life." Yuri questioned as she looked at her friend.


"I'm not sure..."


Tiffany looked down at the pictures she took. "I'm hoping for something more than friendship..." She mumbled to herself.


"Well then, you gotta become her friend first." Yuri said with a teasing smile. 


"Whatever..." Tiffany stared at the pictures and tried to make up different scenarios she could use to get her interview started.