Chapter 1

The Blossoming of Sang Hyun Park

Cheondoong woke up feeling fine on a particular Wednesday morning. There was nothing special that day aside for the regular training they have. Other than that there was nothing to look forward to on that day.

But Cheondoong was feeling particularly fine that morning, like something good was going to happen. He knew never to ignore such feelings because more often than not he was usually correct.

So as he got up, he knew he had a pleasant smile on his face. He stood up and carried his day with vigor that he mostly show on an exciting day, like when going to an amusement park or a field trip. Oh,yes, he was expecting this to be a fine day.


Practice was brutal as always. Even Mir who has a delicate back practised as hard as the others did. The others weren't fairing well too. Everyone knew that Joon and Seungho, despite their energy on stage, were the busiest members that they tend to drain themselves to exhaustion. GO has had a number of busy schedules and probably lots of disruptive sleep as of recent. Cheondoong never showed it much but he was worried about them. He, on the other hand, did not have a lot to do recently other than training, composing, and random guesting. Honestly, he also has a fairly lot on his plate but he didn't see himself to be as heavily burdened as the other.

Seungho sat quietly at the corner, sweating and dazing off. From his eye bags, it was obvious that he was tired. Cheondoong wanted to go over and do something. But he was too shy and didn't know what to do. In fact, he wanted to go over each and everyone of them, ask them if they were alright and offer whatever he could do for them. However, he didn't want to be too intrusive. And honestly, he didn't want to be rejected. So he stayed on his corner, silently worrying and thinking up scenarios in his head where he was able to help them graciously and they accepted him thankfully.

Mir coughed on his right. Automatically, Cheondoong reached for Mir's back to rub it soothingly; while his other hand grabbed for a water bottle. He was Mir's hyung; it wasn't hard or awkward to take care of him unlike the other hyungs. He really wanted to be close to them; but the somewhat strict age-social barrier makes it awkward to do so. He has gotten used to it, but he still would have preferred the friendly contact he has had when he lived overseas. It was so much easier to make friends to anyone regardless of age. It was also easier to smile back then.

Cheondoong mentally sighed. He missed his friends; they barely talk these days since they were busy with their own lives out there. But he knew they never forgot about him, if the chain mails and updates constantly piling on his old email account were anything to go with. He chuckled softly to himself as he helped Mir drink from the water bottle.


"You'll be having a fan meeting with international A+ representatives sometime next month," their manager said out of the blue while they were driving to their dorm. Silence met the statement for a second before outburst ensued.

"What?"

"Eh?"

"Really?!"

Joon and Mir were basically beaming and bouncing off their seats. GO was surprised but he was clearly excited as well. Seungho was evidently happy though he tried to contain his feelings.

"Yes, we'll be having a meeting about it tomorrow." They can hear the smile on their manager's voice from the front passenger side of their van. He was obviously as excited as they were.

"Then Mir should practise his English if he wanted to meet them," GO happily said, after a short pause. "We will not let him meet them if he still can't speak decent English."

Mir looked horrified. "Hyung!"

"Yes, I think that's right," their manager cheerfully agreed, having fun teasing the maknae like everybody else.

"Ah, no! Cheondoong-hyung, you have to teach me now." Mir shook his hyung's arm, pleading for help.

"Mir, you can't always ask for Doongie's help all the time. He has a lot of things to do as well," Seungho said, smiling conspiratorily at the others.

"But I at studying by myself. Ah, what do I do?" Mir went on worriedly.

"I'll help you. Besides, you will still meet them even if you don't study. Your fans will get angry with us if they don't get to see you. So don't worry too much, ok?" Cheondoong told him gently. He knew how popular Mir was among fans. And he wasn't in the mood to tease Mir at the moment. Well, most of the time he was never in the mood to tease anyone for that matter. Occassional teasing is fine; but sometimes his hyungs can be a bit too much.

"Ah, hyung, you tricked me!" Mir exclaimed, stabbing a finger at a laughing GO on the shoulder.

"Because you really at English. It's embarrassing," Joon said laughing.

"I'll really study hard this time. I promise. The fans came from around the world to meet us; for that, I will do my best to talk to them. Beside Cheondoong-hyung will help, right?"

Cheondoong smiled at Mir but did not say a word. Instead he turned to stare through the car window, ignoring Seungho's inspecting eyes and loosing himself in thought.

He has heard what he has been waiting for that day. A faint smile lingered on his lips for the rest of the evening.