Chapter Two

Christmas Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that Hyukjae is freaking out completely is an understatement. As the anxious blond barrels into Heechul’s apartment with practically no warning, a very asleep Heechul is hauled out of dreamland by the commotion.

“Seriously, what the hell are you doing, Hyukjae?” The oldest of the two yells, Hyukjae running straight into his arms without hesitating. “Hey, calm down. What happened?” Heechul murmurs in a comforting manner, surprised at the sobs emanating from the blond man.

“Christmas happened,” Hyukjae wails, screw his manly pride. “I woke up with a man in my bed and now I have to find him a present because he’s mine and I have to-”

“Shush, Hyukkie. Just take this one bit at a time. You sound like a character from one of those dramas right now,” Heechul commands, trying to stop the awful hiccupping from the younger man.

“But you don’t understand! I have a grown man in my bed claiming to be a present from Santa!” Hyukjae exclaims, not liking being labelled as dramatic.

“Hold up. There is a man in your bed from Santa and you came here straight away?” Heechul almost screeches, trying to keep his tone down for his neighbours since loud sounds always flow straight through the thin walls.

“Well I might have kissed him first,” Hyukjae admits with a small voice, eyes fixed to the ground as Heechul forces him to sit on the sofa beside him.

“So you kissed your present which is an actual human being and now you’re here with me?” Heechul asks confusedly, trying to sum up the morning’s events so far.

“Yes.”

“Dude, let me get ready. I want to see this for myself,” Heechul grins, running back to his room while Hyukjae slumps exhaustedly against the sofa cushions, feeling the adrenalin wearing off and a mopey feeling replacing it.

 

 

“No, we need to get him a present first!” Hyukjae demands as Heechul drags him out the door, desperate to see the man in question.

“Fine. But I don’t see the point when he is a present,” Heechul sighs, following Hyukjae to his car.

“He’s still a person, Heechul. And it’s Christmas day, everyone wants a gift even if they don’t express it. Oh, merry Christmas by the way,” Hyukjae smiles, mood effectively lifted by the remembrance that today is one of his most favourite, Christmas.

“Took you long enough. Merry Christmas, Hyukjae.”

 

 

The expanse of decorations covering the mall both inside and out has Hyukjae’s inner self squealing, his outer appearance hardened though still obviously gleeful at the display of Christmas spirit. He wishes that everyone were granted the day off to spend with family or friends, but the country is too busy for that, therefore Christmas is lucky to even be celebrated by a cake from the store or a present from one to another, though this is lost in the haste of a new day.

“This is really nice, everything looks so bright and pretty,” Hyukjae muses, hauling Heechul from store to store in search of the perfect thing for the brunet waiting in his apartment.

They pass by shoe stores, jewellery stores, cosmetic stores, until something on the men’s clothing side of the mall perks Hyukjae’s interest. “This would be perfect for him, it’s so Christmassy,” Hyukjae laughs at the adjective he uses, picking up the blue scarf with reindeer and Christmas patterns woven into it.

“How much is this?” Hyukjae asks the woman at the cash register, Heechul lurking silently beside him.

“That is twenty-eight thousand won, sir. Would you like to buy that now or continue browsing?” The woman smiles as she answers him in a professional tone.

“I’ll just buy this now, thank you,” Hyukjae replies, handing the scarf over to the woman so that she can scan the barcode on the tag attached before he hands over the money from his wallet without a second thought.

“You have a nice Christmas, sir. Thank you for shopping with us,” The lady farewells him before he leaves the shop, the scarf safely tucked in its plastic bag as the two men return to Hyukjae’s car, finally heading to the destination they are both anticipating to get to.

 

 

“Hyukjae? Is that you?” Donghae’s voice rings through the well-decorated apartment, the sound of the door opening giving away the owner’s return.

“Yes, I’m back. I’ve brought my friend with me,” Hyukjae warns, not realising the gleeful smile adorning his face when Donghae calls out again.

“Hyukjae, I’m cold. Can you find some clothes for me?”

“Sure,” He yells back to his present, hitting Heechul in the side when the eldest starts laughing. “He’s not , you idiot,” Hyukjae hisses, pushing Heechul over to the living room before wandering over to his room, finding Donghae huddled under his blankets.

Hyukjae can’t deny that Donghae looks absolutely adorable with only his head showing and the rest of his body covered in blankets like a cocoon. He almost has to hold back a coo at the sight, and when Donghae wriggles slightly to get his attention, Hyukjae can’t help but go straight to him and pull him into a hug.

“Why are you so cute?” Hyukjae squeals, squishing Donghae in his arms.

“You made me cute, but you’re squashing me now. Please let me live, Hyukjae,” Donghae gasps, wincing before Hyukjae finally lets him go and realises his actions.

“Sorry, I’ll get you clothes. You’re lucky I accidentally buy clothes online that end up too big for me, because my size is probably too small for you. Here, I’ll pick your clothes out,” Hyukjae offers, already at his task and feeling happy because his abandoned yet very expensive clothes can finally be worn by someone.

“Thank you, Hyukjae. I really appreciate you doing so much for me in circumstances as unexpected as this,” Donghae confesses, leaving his blanket cocoon and making his way unhurriedly to the blond who has half his body in the wardrobe looking for clothing.

“That’s no problem, Donghae. I asked for you after all, you can’t help it,” Hyukjae replies, turning to face Donghae with a gentle smile.

“Is that why you are kinder to me now? You were pushing me away before,” Donghae frowns, not liking the distance that lingered between them earlier in the morning despite being physically inseparable temporarily.

“I’m sorry for acting cold before, I’m just not used to physical contact. I’ve never had a girlfriend or boyfriend before so you’re the first and I’m not sure how to act around you,” Hyukjae says, wanting to clear up the confusion between them while handing the warmer clothes to Donghae. The brunet certainly does look cold in his thin white shirt and shorts, and Hyukjae wonders if he caused this lack of warmth in the cold as well in his dreams, that thought makes him feel guilty, poor Donghae.

“It’s alright. I like that you just insinuated that we’re boyfriends now,” Donghae snickers, the sound of his laughter dying uneasily with Hyukjae’s narrowed eyes.

“If we are boyfriends, it means I get to do this,” Hyukjae starts, grabbing Donghae’s waist before connecting their lips softly, retreating only after he’s satisfied with the other’s need for him, “As much as I want, and I do want it, a lot.”

“I’ll be here to kiss you every day, Hyukjae,” Donghae promises, leaning forward while Hyukjae leans back, teasing him until Donghae drops the clothes to the side and pulls Hyukjae close, kissing him tenderly though allowing the occasional tongue to slip in.

This is how Heechul finds them two minutes late

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter