HyukJae's Very Own Dream Team

HyukJae's Very Own Dream Team

Eunhyuk shifted nervously from foot to foot, scuffing his trainers on the sandy ground under his feet, creating shapes of nothingness and dirtying up his shoes. His mouth was dry and his throat tight, why was he so nervous? It wasn't like he didn't know his opponents, didn't love them, for he did, with all his heart. That didn't stop the tickity boom, tickity boom in his chest as his heart raced, palms sweated and a feeling of dread washed over his body.

 

'This was so ing stupid' he thought with a grunt, 'snap out of it man, get a grip'. He cracked his knuckles, the offending noise that followed, turning many heads around him, making Eunhyuk lower his head, embarrassed and chewing on his bottom lip with his hands at his sides, tugging at the hem of his t-shirt.

 

It wasn't that he didn't want them there, he couldn't wait to see them actually, joy bubbled through him, threatening to override him and explode out of his chest at the mere thought of seeing them all, but it was joy mixed with trepidation, mixed with anxiety, mixed with, - to be perfectly honest- desire. A desire to beat them all, to be number one and then shame for wanting such a thing.

 

He looked up at the sound of approaching voices, puffing out his cheeks, he exhaled, long and loud before plastering his trademark goofy grin on his face.

 

"Hey guy's" he raised his arm and waved at the newcomers.

 

"Hey hyung," Minho yelled, looking the happiest Eunhyuk had ever seen him, the reason trailing not two steps behind in the form of one Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul, who smiled and bowed his head slightly in greeting.

 

"They here yet?" Minho asked, raising his arm to shield his eyes from the powerful rays of sunlight at Eunhyuk's back.

 

"Not yet" he replied, watching as Nichkhun stepped closer to Minho's side, draping an arm over his shoulders. This didn't go unnoticed by Minho, who looked lovingly into his Thai guys eyes, smiling and sharing a moment Eunhyuk wasn't so sure they should be sharing in such a public setting.

 

Envy rose from the pit of Eunhyuk's stomach. Here those two were, playing happy families, fighting together, for the same cause, the same team and here he stood, fighting against his Donghae, trying to beat, not just him, but his whole damn band.

 

He sighed, a whoosh of air escaping his mouth as he put his hands on his hips and leaned his body forward, scowling slightly at nothing in particular, gaze locked firmly in the distance.

 

Minho tore his eyes from his lovers and placed a gentle, comforting hand on his hyungs shoulder "Are you ok hyung?"

 

When Eunhyuk didn't reply, the tall rapper placed his other hand on Eunhyuk’s other shoulder, leaning his head down and forcing his friend to look at him.

 

"Hyung?"

 

"I'm ok Minho," he forced a smile "honest."

 

Minho looked at him unconvinced but nodded anyway, he decided not to push it. If Eunhyuk wanted to talk about it, he would, although, probably not with him. Eunhyuk wasn't exactly known for his willingness to share his pain, no matter how bad it was. Donghae had called him many nights to ask his advice on how to help his lover open up but as usual, it never worked, no matter what he suggested. It was proven that the only way to get him to share was to be Donghae and remain persistent.

 

"Junho, over here," Nichkhun called to his band mate to join them.

 

Eunhyuk's eyes followed the direction his Thai friend was looking in and he froze on the spot.

 

In amongst a brilliant sea of white, he saw Junho, but it wasn't the little Bi lookalike he was looking at, it was the crowd surrounding him, the boys in white t-shirts, strutting confidently over towards the three Dream Team boys, smiles on their lips and excitement filling the air around them.

 

For the second time that morning, Eunhyuk plastered on his fake grin, "You guys showed up then?" he mocked them, voice not sounding as confident as he had hoped.

 

"Of course we did, "Leeteuk strolled over, wrapping an arm around his dongsaeng and band member as he continued, "we would never pass up a chance to kick Dream Team's ." He flashed his dimpled smile, curving his lips upwards.

 

"Never gonna happen," Minho fought back as he grabbed Donghae around the neck, rubbing his knuckles into his head. Donghae grimaced as he pulled his hoobae from him and whacked him upside the head. Minho laughed "You Super Junior boys are going down," a playful glint shone in his eyes as he walked back over to Nichkhun's side, wrapping his arms tightly around his waist. "We have the mighty, beastly 2PM on our team to boot," he poked his tongue out at his sunbaes.

 

Shindong laughed "That may be so, my 'flaming' little friend, but we are...

 

All at once and in perfect harmony, they yelled together.

 

"Super-Jun-IOR!!!"

 

Poking a hand out in front of their faces, arm extended, five fingers jutting proudly in the air.

 

Eunhyuk felt lost for a second. He almost joined in on their chant, it took all of his energy not to raise his hand, not to shout out their well-known phrase. Pain stung in his chest as for the first time ever, he felt like he wasn't part of Super Junior. Like he didn't belong. He knew he was just being silly, that he would always be a part of this wonderful collection of people, his best friends, each and every one of them. They had been through too much together, especially lately, nothing could break them, of this he was sure.

 

That comforting thought alone couldn't stop the silent tear that made a trail down his cheek as memories of the struggle they had to endure just to be together, to be a unit, bonded as one by something so beautiful yet at the same time, so scarring, flowed through his mind.

 

Before the wetness reached his lips, he wiped it away with his hand and hoped no one had noticed but he knew they had. Knew one boy had. One boy whose eyes were never off him for very long. The one who knew when he was in pain, for whenever Eunhyuk hurt, Donghae did too and that just made the ache all the worse. He knew his pain passed to the one person in the whole world he would never intentionally hurt.

 

He glanced over and saw a pair of soft brown puppy eyes, staring at him, he could already see the pain in them, the concern written across his beautiful face.

 

The sounds of the chatter that was all around the lovers, faded to a dull, distant mash up of words, barely heard, as the two looked lovingly into each other eyes, standing ten feet apart, surrounded by their friends, they lovingly referred to as their family but feeling as if they were alone. Like they were the only two people on the planet, the only two that ever existed, the only two that mattered, well to them at least and just for the moment.

 

"Hyukjae," Donghae sighed as he inched closer, closing the gap between them, not tearing his eyes from Eunhyuk's for a second.

 

He could do nothing but wait. Wait until Donghae reached him, hoping upon hope that he wouldn't ask any questions, he would just understand how he felt right now. Would just hold him like he always did when Eunhyuk was upset, simply pull him close and whisper that everything was gonna be alright and when Donghae did that, he knew it would be. Life was simply perfect when he was with Donghae.

 

When his lover finally reached him, he did exactly as Eunhyuk had wished he would, wrapped him in his arms in a soft, warm embrace as he whispered sweet nothings and 'I love you's' into his ear.

 

Eunhyuk's face lit up, his lips curving into a bright smile, the most genuine one of the day and he was sure, not the last, not now his love was here. His Donghae.

 

Eunhyuk shook his head as he laughed and buried his face into his little fishy’s neck.

 

He didn't know why he was so worried. Being part of Dream Team, he was sure to win and if he didn't he was always part of another Dream Team, his Dream Team, his Super Junior.

 

Better yet, he was part of the best Dream Team of all and this one only consisted of two members but it was the strongest team of them all.

 

This team was;

 

Fishy and Anchovy

 

Forever.