Chapter 5

Only You

[Jaebum's POV]

Why did she sound so upset?...sick? It's alright, I'll see her after school today. 

I took out Minah's music sheet that I still had. There were a couple of errors that she had made so fixed them. Made a couple of tweeks here and there to polish it up. 

" Yo Jaebum! Still up for video games after school today?" Yugeoum walked over. 

" Nah man,I'm gonna go home and do some homework today,"

" Are you seeing Minah?"

" Minah? Pfft! No, the heck? Where'd you get that idea?" I began to lie so that his friends wouldn't know. 

" You just started talking to her this year dude-"

" Hey Jr," I avoided the topic. " I'm probably gonna go home today and do homework so I'll see you guys tomorrow," 

" Alright man," 

 

JB: Class is almost over. I'll be there in 10 minutes.

Minah :) : Ok 

 

"Alright bro, I'll see you tomorrow," hopefully they don't think I'm up to anything. 

"Alright man, I'll see you." 

I went through the other exit and took the shorter way to Minah's house. 

JB: Hanging in there?

"Oh Jaebum, you dont usually take this route back home..." I end up running into Jr while texting Minah. 

"Yeah dude haha, you sure you going home?" Youngjae chuckled at putting his elbow upon Jr's shoulder. They all seemed suspicious of me already. 

"Yeah, I'm just taking this route cause i need the exercise too. What? you guys stalking me now?" I made my way through them. 

"It's no problem if your closest buddies right?" Jr pulled me back. "Come on, one game wouln't hurt..." 

"Maybe we'll even grab a couple of drinks...I dont know, I mean you should probably get home and do that homework." Youngjae was always the one to drink out of all of us. He drinks the heaviest yet he stil manages to get to school fine the next day. "So how about it Jaebum?...Come on, this is our senior year. This is our time to chill. And when I say chill," he pulls out a cigarette. "I mean chill," 

They all glared at me. I looked past them towards Minah's house. Then back at them and that cigarette Youngjae was holding in front of me. " If it's a yes, you'll grab this cigarette," 

 

[Minah's POV]

I waited...

And waited...

What was i thinking?...

I threw away the birthday letter. It won't mean anything to him anyway. 

 

"MIANH! MINAH!...." was the last thing I heard that night.