SPELLBOUND

Stop Playing With My Heart

 

Nichkhun’s first class was Physics. He watched the wall clock strike 7:30. The bell rang to his relief. He was almost half an hour waiting for the class to start. Since he was not from the same class as the rest of the gang was, he spent most of the time hanging out in his seat before the class starts.

He suddenly thought of the rose he has put in Victoria’s locker this morning. He wonders if Victoria has seen it. He was very nervous doing it. He was thinking about Victoria getting shocked and how cute would it be, when Mr. Lee entered the room.

Mr. Lee was talking about circuits but Nichkhun doesn’t seem to care. Usually he pays attention to Physics because Mr. Lee teaches very leniently but today, Nichkhun is just spacing out.

Nichkhun was staring at his table when his phone beeped. He got it out from his pocket and saw a message from Taecyeon. It says: “Hey Khun, Junsun says you should be with us this lunchtime. We have a plan for you.” Nichkhun thought: “Oh! What’s this again? Oh well. I guess this wouldn’t hurt.” Then the bell rang.

“Okay class, it’s lunchtime. See you next meeting” says Mr. Lee ending the class.

“Thanks, Mr. Lee!” Students exclaimed.

Nichkhun got out of the room and headed for the cafeteria. He saw Victoria coming out of Lab 1 and heading to her locker. Nichkhun sort of hyperventilated knowing that Victoria will soon see the rose and the card. He tried to ignore the feeling and pretended that he didn’t care and went straight to the cafeteria.

Victoria went out of Lab 1 and headed straight for her locker. She did not pay much attention to the lesson about chemical equilibrium because of the rose she found just this morning. She was nearing her locker. Her heart was constantly skipping beats. She was actually catching up with her breath.

She was approaching her locker. Je got hold of the handle. She took a deep breath. She entered the number code and jerked the lock. Then there she saw it. The first rose she got from a man admiring him. She smelled the rose and read the card again.

“This guy really did an effort on this.” She thought.

Then, she was interrupted by Krystal.

“Hey, Toria!”

Krystal was one of her clique members along with Amber, Luna, Sulli and Victoria herself. Krystal was a guy magnet because she was pretty, cute, smart and has an outstanding appeal. She constantly receives flowers, cards and gifts from boys. Victoria figured that it was embarrassing if Krystal would see the gifts that she was holding so she tried to put it back into her locker but eventually fails

“Wanna have lunch. . .Oooh!..What’s that?” Krystal got the rose and the letter out of Victoria’s hands.

“You are receiving gifts from admirers, too! Oh my gosh! Why didn’t you tell me? We have to tell the others. Come on.” Krystal dragged Victoria to the cafeteria.

Nichkhun entered the cafeteria and saw his gang sitting together talking with some nerd from his class who was holding a bouquet of pink flowers.

“Hey!” Nichkhun tried to get their attention.

“Oh!. Nichkhun’s here.” Wooyoung told the gang.

Nichkhun moved towards them. He was curious with what the gang was talking about with the guy with the bouquet of flowers.

“Hey guys.What were you telling that guy.” Nichkhun asked.

“We paid him to give the bouquet of flowers to Victoria and it’s going to be from you. Oh! Before I forget, here’s the thing. When that guy gives Victoria the bouquet of flowers, the flowers are pink because she loves pink, according to Junho, at least, and then he will point at your direction and when the guy points at you, smile sweetly and approach her and that’s where your expertise enter. Melt her heart until it flows like blood. Okay? ” Instructs Junsu.

Nichkhun was awe-stricken. How can he do that? He cannot stammer in front of Victoria. That would embarrass . . . ruin the plan.

"Khun!" He didn’t realize that he was silent for a long time.

“Hey! Khun! Hey!” Junho called out.

“Huh? Huh? What?”

“She’s here.”

Nichkhun lifted his head and saw Victoria immediately. He was suddenly spellbound. He didn’t realize he was ACTUALLY STARING AT HER.