You're a tree?

Someday

"Mingyu! Wait for me!" Tricia called as she ran across the street in a hurry to catch up to her friend all the while holding two pieces of hotteok which she had just bought a few moments ago. Mingyu laughed at how dorky his short friend was and proceeded with walking once she'd caught up. He snatched the piece which she wasn't eating and bit on half, earning a shriek and a hard hit on the head, courtesy of Tricia.

 

"Mingyu, that was mine!" she whined while stomping her feet, making him chuckle again. "You're already so tall, you don't need extra food, you giant!"

 

Mingyu smirked, "Shut up Tree, you know you love me!" Tricia rolled her eyes.

 

It was not long before they both reached the school grounds. Since they were almost late, Mingyu proceeded to his classroom in a hurry while Tricia remained walking slowly as she finished the remaining piece of hotteok. Tricia was glad that it was already winter - she could eat all the hotteok she wanted!

 

Tricia immediately ran through the hallway to her class when she heard the bell ring. Luckily, when she reached the classroom, the teacher was not yet there. She sat down on her chair and placed her bag beside it, sighing and tying her hair with the elastic hair tie currently wrapped around her wrist. The other students were all talking with each other, some of them particularly commenting about the rumor about some girl from their school becoming a trainee. Tricia couldn't care less, though.

 

A chill ran through her spine as she felt the seat next to hers become occupied. Honestly speaking, Choi Hansol always held a large presence, anywhere and anytime. Though Tricia didn't really know if Hansol knew who she was or not - he was always too busy with taking notes to even bother asking for her name.

 

Well, to say the least, everything changed that day.

 

"Hi, I'm Hansol I guess. I never really had the chance to ask you your name and it's kind of like, the end of the year. Yeah, sorry, what was your name?" he had managed to say in English after staring at her for a long while and thinking thoroughly about everything he was planning to do.

 

She smiled, making him smile back. The warmth she felt in her heart could not be explained as she saw his eyes become smaller and his imperfect white teeth showing. "I'm Tree."

 

"What? You're a tree? What do you mean?" he laughed. By now, Tricia's heart was doing somersaults.

 

"No!" she laughed too, "I mean, my name's Tree, or Tricia if you want."

 

 


 

 

It didn't take long for Tricia and Hansol's friendship to develop.

 

After a week of talking and eating lunch together (with Mingyu, of course, together with his cousin, Minjoo, who also had foreign blood like they did), they were already at the phase where they were almost best friends, but just didn't want to admit that they were because they were still awkward with the title. Of course, Tricia didn't want to replace Mingyu as her best friend, she was just close with Hansol too much that he was becoming one of hers. Hansol didn't want to replace Lee Chan too.

 

And you know what? Tricia actually felt attracted to Hansol. She would always look for him, feel kind of incomplete without him. Tricia actually liked him, and thought, that maybe being best friends was really not the right title for the two of them. Maybe it was something more.

 

Same for Hansol. But to be honest, over the past year, Hansol had already been crushing on Tricia. It just wasn't until that day when Hansol finally had the guts to talk to her.

 

"Someday, Shin Tricia will look at me and say 'Wow! Hansol is so good-looking, I wanna love him forever' and then we'll get married, the end," Hansol often told Chan, making Chan roll his eyes. Hansol would always be like this whenever he talked about Tricia, the so-called 'girl of his dreams'.

 

And today, after four months of being just friends, Hansol was planning to tell her. Tricia on the other hand, did not have any idea what day it was; White Day.

 

Hansol felt unsure. Very unsure.

 

"What if she doesn't even like my gift? I know she'll reject me anyway but.. what if she doesn't appreciate this? What if she'll suddenly stop talking to me? If she igno- hmmphnfhhfp!"

 

Chan tore his hand away from Hansol's mouth. "She'll love you, Hansol. Stop worrying. She may be with another person but she'll still love you, I'm positive. Someday, she'll marry you, right? Go to the garden now, you don't want her to wait, do you?"

 

 


 

 

"Tree?"

 

"Oh, Hansol, hi! Why'd you call me here?"

 

Hansol rubbed the back of his neck, making sure the gift was hidden. Luckily, it was, and he proceeded with being the awkward penguin he is and stepped closer to her, handing her the stuffed dog holding a sign that said 'I like you' with a heart at the side. "Look, Tricia, it's a day I wouldn't want to pass without saying what I have to say. I know I'll go home disappointed but I'll still head on anyway.So, here we go, ahem! Shin Tricia, I really, really like you. I know you already have someone you love-" 

 

"What."

 

"What?"

 

"Wh- What?"

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"What 'someone I love'? What do you mean?"

 

"I mean, Mingyu-"

 

"Oh my god, you think I'm with Mingyu? Oh my god I can't believe I never told you- oh god I'm such a failure."

 

"What? Told me what?"

 

"Mingyu's my cousin, idiot!"

 

Hansol's eyes doubled in size. "Are you serious?"

 

"Of course I'm serious! And I like you too, idiot!"

 

 


 

 

THIS ISN'T DONE YET

 

SORRY IT I WAS IN A HURRY TO FINISH HEHE :-)

 

-rhoswen