Because I love you

Because I Iove You

Eric's point of view

 

My life turned upside down from the day Hye sung told me he had fallen in love with her and they were going to get married soon.I knew he wasn't mine anymore. She suddenly came out of nowhere and stood between me and Hye sung. She stole him away from me and left me alone with pain, sorrow, and all the bad feelings that existed in this world. Hye sung married her and soon after few months she got pregnant and gave birth to a baby boy. They would live happily ever after if she didn’t die, or better to say, if she wasn’t killed!

The police found her dead body at  home with Hye sung sitting next to her.Hye sung was immediately arrested on suspicion of killing his wife.

All the evidence suggest that he has killed her.It seems my dearest friend is doomed to spend the rest of his life behind the bars.

Even though she is dead, I still can't have Hye sung. He is in jail because of her. I have done everything to get him out of that hell, to bring him back to his normal life, to bring back his beautiful smile. I’ve spent money, hired the best lawyers, but none of them worked.there is only one thing left I haven't tried yet and I'm sure it's gonna work .He will be released from prison if I say to the police I'm the one who has killed her... not Hye sung.

Tomorrow I'm going to do that.I can’t see him suffering more than this.

Hye sung has been in jail for three months and I’m the only one who still visits him. everyone, even his parents and his friends, believe he is a killer .they say he is guilty and deserves to be punished. they all hate him and have left him alone.I'm the only one who has not abandoned him yet.

Now I’m waiting for Hye sung to come to the visiting room. I want to see him and tell him tomorrow every thing’s going to be all right. This nightmare would be finished in few hours. He is going to be free…

It takes few minutes until Hye sung enters the room. He has changed a lot from the last time I visited him.his hair has grew longer and he hasn’t shaved his face. He looks as pale as a corpse.he has become a year older within few months.I feel so sorry for him…I run to him and hug him hard. tears roll down my face, never stopping. I don’t want to see Hye sung in this situation anymore.

"This time it took you so long to come and see me …I though I would never see you again…I thought you may have forgotten me" he says as he tries to hug me tighter.

"I’m sorry for that" I whisper slowly in to his ear.

"You don’t need to say sorry.I’m the one who should say sorry to you!You have devoted your life to me and my son.I’m sorry I’ve become a burden to you"

"You are not a burden to me.I would do anything for you, because I love you."

"It’s useless…you know you can do nothing" tears are streaming down his already wet cheeks."The only way to get me out of here is to find the real one who has killled my wife"

"Yes... you are right.and I did it...I've found him"

"Are you serious???Have you really found the bastard who has killed her?" he askes me surprised and I answer him yes with a nod.

"that's impossible!How could you find him?"

"It wasn’t really  hard to do that…"

"Who is he?"

I point to myself and  he looks at me confused

"it’s me.I’m the one who has killed…..…"  my sentence remains incomplete Hye sung has already slapped me in the face.

"have you lost your mind???do you understand what you are saying?do you think any one would ever believes you have done such a thing???I know it’s just a stupid plan to get me out of here…."he shouts at me angrily.

"But I’m telling the truth…"

"Just shut up and don’t say that again. You promise you won’t do anything stupid for me…I know you love me.you don't need to prove it."

he comes closer and stares at me in the face.

"Promise you take care of my son and won’t do anything stupid…please…"

"ok ...if it makes you happy then I promise…"

"And don’t tell lie… don’t put your life in danger because of me."

"I promise…"

more few minutes pass and the visiting time ends.He kisses me good bye and we both leave.

I promised not to do anything stupid and I won’t do anything stupid. This is the most sensible and the best thing I’m going to do.tomorrow, I will tell the world I have killed her…I have killed my best friend’s wife…and it’s not a lie…because I’ve really killed her!

I’ve been a coward all this time. I kept silent and hide the truth when they arrested hye sung. I let them think hye sung was the one who had killed his wife  because I didn’t want anyone to hate me and more important than that, because I didn’t want hye sung to hate me.

I confess I despised the girl, but I didn’t want to kill her at all.I wish Hye sung understands it was an accident.

 

That day I went to see hye sung . his wife opened the door and  said he was not at home.I said I’ll wait for him to come and then... then she started  quarreling with me.she said she didn’t want me to be friend with him. she said I was gay and wanted to take Hye sung away from her… I  answered she was the one who had stolen Hye sung away from me.. not me!she got angry and slapped me in the face and I lost control.....the only thing I did was to push her back to the wall,but she fell and didn't rise again. I was scared…shocked…and didn’t know what to do….I left her there and ran away as far as I could.

Didn’t know hye sung was sleeping there at home….she was a liar…...

 

I hope Hye sung forgives me…I don’t want to be a coward anymore.tomorrow I’m gonna tell the world I’m the one who killed her and they will let him free.

I walk aimlessly on the streets saying goodbye to the city. I swallow trying hard to get rid of the thick lump in my throat. this is the last time I can see the city lights…the shops… the world outside.

I say goodbye to all of them....

 

###

 

It’s early in the morning and I’m still walking on the cold pavements of  streets thinking about my life in prison.The sound of my cellphone brings me back to reality. It’s Junjin

"Hi Jun jin. what made you call me this early?"

"Hyung…I..I just wanted to…. ask you something" His voice is trembling badly.

"Jun jin are you ok?what’s wrong with you…." I feel something bad has happened...something related to Hye sung .

"Hyung have you watched TV ??? have you heard the news..?"

“No….”

“I...I.. heard Hyesung has commited suicide….wanted to ask you whether it’s true or not….”

I don’t hear the rest of his words…he says Hye sung has commited suicide…. …I can’t believe it it can't be possible. I must see it myself…Hye sung can’t be dead…they are mistaken…Hye sung is not dead…

 

 

###

 

 

Hye sung is lying on a bed his body  covered with a white sheet. I hold his cold hands in mine and burst into tears .Hye sung has really commited suicide. he is gone... to never return.It feels like I've lost myself and everything that is important to me...Hye sung was every thing I had...he was the only one I really cared about...Oh God... this is the worst punishment I could get for what I have done...

It is as if he wanted to be gone to get free  from  his pains.... or no...maybe he did it just because of me. because he didnt want to be a burdun to me anymore, because he wanted to stop me from doing stupid things, because he didn't want to see me  put my life in danger for him...  because he wanted to protect me..because he loved me very much... even more than I did.

Hye sunga....if you are out there and can hear me,I'm sorry......

 

 

###

 

 

It's been a while since Hye sung has left this world ,since I've seen his face, heard his lovley voice, and touched his soft cold hands.

And me...it seems like there is an invisible wall between me and the rest of the world.I've kept away from all people around me.I don’t feel  happy about anything in my life and I never smile. Smiling feels stiff and awkward . It’s like my smiling muscles are frozen.Everything seems hopeless for me since Hye sung has gone.I think it might be what  depression feels like.

I don’t know how long I can keep the secret in my heart,but I’m sure someday I’m gonna tell the truth to everyone…

but not today!

not now!

I want to free myself from the burden of my sin by  raising my friend’s son.

I’ll take care of his son as I promised.this was the last thing he wanted me to do and I'm gonna do that.

I'm gonna take care of my little Hye sung.