001

destined with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Confession

 

-

 

“I’m in love” Jackson gasped in shock.

 

Hearing those words coming from his best friend’s mouth made his stomach give a weird turn. But of course, it was nothing to do with what Heo Youngji was saying to him. He eat a lot in lunch so that’s probably why he was feeling weird right now.

 

“W-what?” He asked dumbly. Closing his mouth, once, twice… Until he finally regained the ability of forming a complete sentence. “Who is he? And why are you crying? What did he do?” He demanded to know. His best friend was crying in front of him because of some guy… This was completely unexpected from Youngji.

 

They have been friends for years, knowing each other since they were kids and Youngji wasn’t the kind of girl to cry or get easily upset about boys.

 

Today was supposed to be like any other wednesday.

 

Jackson and Youngji would leave the school together and go spend the rest of the evening in their usual pc bang or if one of them had have a rough day in school they would go to some coffee shop eating delicious food and talking about their day.

 

This is where they’re supposed to be not in Youngji’s colorful room with the owner of the said room sitting on her bed with a runny nose and puffy face from crying.

 

Seeing Youngji crying always made him feel unease. He really hated seeing her like that. Of course he wouldn’t admit it to her or others. He always ended up saying stupid things like “stop crying, you look uglier when you cry” which usually led them to fight and everything was fine in the end.

 

But today, it didn’t seem right for him to make fun of the situation… Something in Youngji’s eyes told him that whatever had happened she was really upset.

 

The red haired shocked her head and Jackon closed his eyes fighting the urge to go there and hit her head. She was so annoying…

 

“Who? Who is the guy? I’m not leaving until you give me a name…” He said rolling his eyes and crossing his arms over his chest. He was serious about that.

 

“Ugh, fine… It’s matuna…” She mumbled the last part making it impossible for Jackson to understand.

 

“Who? What did you say? Matuna? Speak clearly Youngji!” The red haired rolled her eyes at him.

 

“I said Mark Tuan your !”

 

“Ah, Mark,” He said nodding his head. But Jackson was the type of person who was really slow in it come into absorbing new information. So for him to associate the name Mark to an actual face took him a couple of seconds.

 

And then he let a high pitched scream that he definitely was not proud of.

 

“M-Mark? Mark Tuan? You mean MY Mark?”

 

“If you mean YOUR FRIEND Mark, then yes, this is the one” Youngji said and Jackson could hear by the tone of her voice that she was becoming annoyed with him now.

 

But Jackson didn’t care. He was in the middle of having a mental breakdown. This was way too much information for his brain…. His best friend liked his other best friend. “How… How could you? Why him? Leave my friends alone!”

 

“What do you mean leave your friends alone? I’m your friend too…Ugh” Youngji threw an pillow on his face. “See? That’s why I didn’t say anything!” Youngji was screaming too. “I knew you would react this way!”

 

Jackson was ready to start a childish discussion over Mark but then he saw Youngji’s eyes were still red from all the crying she did minutes ago.

 

“But wait… Wait…Why were you crying? What did he do to you?” Jackson was sincerely too scared to know now.  He didn’t want to go and punch Mark in the face. Mark was a good friend to him. If he punched his face who was going to eat late at night with him? Or laugh at his english jokes?

 

But if he really did something to Youngji then Jackson wouldn't go easy on him. Good friend or not, Youngji always came first.

 

“Nothing happened really...”

 

“So why were you crying?” Youngji blushed avoiding looking at him now.

 

“I may have written him a letter… Or something…” She reluctantly admitted.

 

“Oh… My… God…” Jackson said when realized what this meant.

 

“Stop it!”

 

“You confessed! Oh my god!  What did he say?”

 

“Nothing…”

 

“What do you mean nothing? I’m sure Mark said something…”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter