Contrast

Against You

Chapter 1

 

Author’s POV

 

“Hold that pose Jessica shi.”

 

Click

 

“Great! Now one more pose. Stare directly to the camera.”

 

Click

 

“And that’s a wrap people!”

 

 Working as one of Korea’s top model, this day was yet another regular day for Jung Jessica. The clicks of the camera, the praises of photographers, the constant touch ups on her perfect face. All of these are nothing new to her.  

Putting up her signature smile, she let out a huge sigh of relief knowing that she has nailed another wonderful photo shoot. As expected.

“It has been an honor to work with you Jessica shi.” Park Leeteuk, the photographer for today’s photoshoot, extended his long slender fingers with a smile. The obvious awe in his face was not missed by Jessica.

“The pleasure was all mine.” Forcing a smile Jessica reached for his hand to shake it.

The smile on her face was slowly turning into an icy glare when Leeteuk shook her hand a little longer than necessary.

Jessica tried to pry her hand away as his hold was causing her discomfort.

“Oh! I’m sorry.” Leeteuk said through shy smiles.

“I was just really mesmerized by your beauty. You are by far the most beautiful model I have ever worked it.”

Tch what a flirt. That was exactly what he told Sooyoung when he worked with her.

Jessica put on a straight face. Quite visibly annoyed that this guy started getting fresh with her.

Park Leeteuk was indeed a good looking photographer and can even pass as a model himself not to mention he has earned a reputation for being one of the best photographers but Jessica just wasn’t fazed.

She never was.

Silence engulfed them for about a minute or two and Jessica was contemplating whether to lash out on him or just keep trying to endure the fakeness this young photographer was emitting. But before she can make a decision, her best friend beat her to it.

“Jessica!” Kim Taeyeon, Jessica’s manager and best friend called out on her with her phone in hand.

Thank God Taeyeon came just in time or this Leeteuk would’ve been leaping in pain holding his crotch.  

She forced another smile to the young photographer who was obviously frustrated for the model’s lack of reaction.

“And that’s my call. Thank you for taking care of me.” She turned her back at once without a second look to face her best friend whom she gave a knowing look. A look that Taeyeon knows all too well.

“Jessica. Your phone’s been ringing non stop. The president has been calling you since the start of the shoot.” Taeyeon lied while she handed her the phone motioned her to the studio’s exit.

Jessica looked at her phone and noticed that there wasn’t any call at all. She looked curiously at Taeyeon only to be given one of Taeyeon’s glares. She finally understood what she meant and started running with the flow. Obviously Taeyeon was helping her out of her current situation.

“Hello Mr Kim.” Jessica fake an answer and began talking while walking to towards her van.

When Taeyeon shut the door of the vehicle, she immediately shoved the phone on her side and let out an irritated huff.

 

“Ugh! He was annoying! I wonder how I managed to finish the shoot without kicking him on the shin!” she faced Taeyeon who seemed to heave a long sigh of relief as soon as she locked the door.

“That’s because you know better than to start another reckless rumor. Taewoo Oppa had to pay several newspaper companies just to clear your name with all those rumors of you having a nasty attitude. And that was like a week ago.” Taeyeon reminded the younger girl.

Even though they were best friends, she knows Jessica needs to lengthen her patience regarding this stuff. She was a top model; of course everyone wants to woo her.

Jessica rolled her eyes at Taeyeon’s lecture and angrily plunged in her headphones to shut her manager out. She was too irritated and too tired to deal with Taeyeon right now.

“YAH JUNG JESSICA!” annoyed with the younger girl’s behavior, Taeyeon harshly pulled out the headphones.

“Yah! What’s your problem?” Jessica was now all ears. She was more than willing to start another argument with her manager. And they argue almost every day. Them being best friends is still a wonder.

“Jessica can you please listen to me just for once? Why are you so hard headed?” and to prove her point she hit Jessica with the rolled newspaper that she was holding.

The latter rubbed her head exaggeratingly and was ready to knuckle the older one’s head but with one glare from Taeyeon, she immediately cowered.

She knew better than fighting with Taeyeon at the moment. She was the less patient one between the two of them but when Taeyeon loses her cool, things can be pretty messy.

“Aish! What can I do? All they want to do is flirt with me. I came there to work not to flirt around.” Jessica earned another hit from Taeyeon.

“Oww!” Jessica rubbed her aching head once more.

“If I haven’t helped you out there I bet the poor guy would be wailing right now.”

“Which he probably deserves for flirting with me.” Wrong answer. Taeyeon hit her again.

Jessica was becoming irritated with the way Taeyeon has been hitting her. Her poor head can’t take it any longer.

“Fine! I’ll be more patient next time. Just stop hitting me. It hurts!” she wailed.

Taeyeon finally let go of her weapon and sat comfortably at Jessica’s side.

“Sica. Please try to be more friendly. This is your dream right? Fame comes with this sacrifice so please promise me no more of that nasty attitude.”

 

“…..”
 

Hearing no response from the other girl Taeyeon motioned to pick her weapon again.

“OKAY I PROMISE!” Jessica sat up abruptly to stop Taeyeon from reaching the weapon. She shoved the newspaper to the back seat out of Taeyeon’s grasp.

“Geez and they say I was the brutal one.” She rolled her eyes at the girl sitting beside her who was now smirking.

“Good girl.” Taeyeon let out a contented smile. And began typing away on her phone while smiling.

That was how their arguments usually end. They were best friends after all.

With one more angry huff, Jessica plugged in her earphones again and the music began lulling her to sleep.

 

What a day.

 

 

 

Somewhere near, a tall raven haired girl was roaming around the city of Seoul. She was smiling as she clutched on her luggage while enjoying the perfect view of the city. The tall buildings, the honk of the cars, even the fancy clothes the passersby where wearing. She noted them all.

The city indeed has a far contrast as to her previous town. Her dream finally came true. She was now in Seoul, Korea. It was a petty thing for the rest of the world but for Kwon Yuri, being in Seoul at the moment was all she ever wanted. And now she was more than ready to conquer.

 

Seoul here I come.