Chapter 2

Lost Memoirs
Chapter 2

 


"You cannot escape what is destined to you. You may run away from it now but sooner or later, you'll face them again."



"What?!" Jia's voice boomed around the Council room, "And you didn't even bothered to tell us the first time you met them?!" Jia looked disapprovingly at Jiyong.

"Jia, calm yourself down," Jaesuk said and sighed, "Jiyong, why did you told this to us just now?"

Jiyong shrugged, "I thought I'm just imagining things. You guys didn't even told us what the members of the Dusk looks like."

"And you even got the nerve--"

"Jia," Dongwook looked at Jia as if to warn her to shut up.

"Oh I remember. We didn't told them what they look like. We just kept on telling them to avoid and beware of the Dusks and what those dark forces do. I can't believe we forgot about that," Jaesuk shook his head and turned to Dongwook, "Gather all the souls and you know what to do."

Dongwook nodded and left his seat. He nodded at Jiyong and disappeared.

"What's happening?" Jiyong asked.

"Wait, Jaesuk. Isn't it still a bit early for the Dusk to--" Before Jia could finish what she's been saying, Jaesuk waved his hand and Jia's voice left her.

Jaesuk turned to Jiyong, "The answer to your question is we'll be having a special seminar or training regarding the Dusks. Everyone is required to come."

Jiyong nodded and looked blankly at Jaesuk, "I finished my task. Where's my reward?"

Jaesuk chuckled, "I didn't forget about that boy. Hmm.. which one should I give to you?"

"Can I receive the most important one?" Jiyong asked.

"Hmm.. arrasseo. But I'm only gonna give you just a part of it," Jaesuk smiled and began to chant in a low tune. After he finished, he snapped his fingers and Jiyong dropped to his knees and immediately lost consciousness.

Jaesuk waved his hand, "Why did you give that memory of his right away?" Jia hissed.

Jaesuk just chuckled and looked at Jiyong, "It's almost time."






Dara was playing and picking the grass when she heard footsteps towards her direction. She looked up when she felt the newcomer's shadow blocked the sunlight that was warming her a while ago. Delight and longingness filled her insides.

"Jiyong!" She stood up and hugged him.

Jiyong smiled at her and hugged her back. Dara pulled back and looked at him in the eye, "I missed you so much. Why did you showed up just now?"

Jiyong was about to answer when suddenly, he's paralyzed, "I love you very much, Dara." He whispered, and then he was completely paralyzed. Dara was left dumbfounded.

Suddenly, a boisterous laugh filled her ears. Dara looked around to find where it came from. She hugged herself as she felt the cold wind pressing against her.

She looked behind the tree and she stared at it, wide-eyed. There, she saw where the laugh came from. A man wearing an all black outfit emerged from the tree. He almost look like a magician from a circus. He stepped out behind the tree and walked towards Dara.

"Sandara Park," the man nodded, "Such a beautiful name. But such a waste that your soul is as fragile as a glass." He walked over at Jiyong and stabbed him with his staff.

Dara wanted to run away from the man but her feet was glued to the ground. She wanted to scream but her voice was stuck on .

The man looked at Dara's eyes as if he sees through her soul, "Kwon Jiyong is gone. He's already dead. You can't do nothing about that. And even if you die, you won't ever meet him again," the man smiled.

"No," Dara screamed in her mind.

"Jiyong!" Dara screamed and woke up, gasping for breath. Sweats formed on her forehead, "It's that dream again," she mumbled to herself.

She calmed herself down and looked around her room. She sighed and hugged her knees, "I wonder if it's true. Will I ever see him again? What if I don't anymore?"

Seconds turned to minutes, Dara decided to get up. She did all of her morning rituals. When done, she felt her stomach grumble. She pat her stomach, "Alright, let's get something to fill you up," Dara went to the kitchen and looked at inside the fridge.

"Aigoo I forgot to shop some groceries yesterday," she mumbled. She looked at the clock hanging on the wall. She was about to grab her keys when her phone suddenly rang.

"Hello?"

"Noona," Cheondoong started.

"What is it, Cheondoong?" Dara said and played with her fingers as she heard Cheondoong speak in a serious tone.

"Grandpa's looking for you," Dara froze, "Why?" She asked him quietly.

"I think it involves the company, noona."

Dara sighed, "Arrasseo. I'll be there in a jiffy." And ended the call.

She got her keys and left her apartment.






Dara slumped in the couch after her talk with her grandfather and let out a heavy sigh. Her grandfather's words were still ringing in her ears. She sighed again when she remembered that she should work her  off starting next month. Her grandfather gave her one last month to enjoy the freedom that she had for five years.

But I still don't want to handle the company, she thought to herself, I still want to enjoy photography and hold many exhibits. Aigoo eotteokhae?

She was busy mumbling to herself that she didn't notice Cheondoong entered the room, "Noona? Are you alright?"

Dara looked up at Cheondoong and nodded at him, "Yup. Waeyo? Is something wrong?"

Cheondoong shooked his head, "Ani. You look tired, Noona. Wanna go to an amusement park?"

Dara's eyes lit up at the mention of an amusement park. It has been five years since she last went there. But suddenly she remembered who was the last one she went with there. Park, there's no point in looking back in the past. You've got to stand up with your own feet now, she mentally scolded herself. But she know in herself that there's still that longing that she's feeling inside.

"Nae," Dara said and stood up, "Let's go," she chirped.

Cheondoong shook his head and chuckled. He still can't believe his Durami noona acted more matured than their Dara noona although Dara is older than Durami.






It was a day where the sun would occasionally hide behind the clouds and casually show up again. Jiyong was laying down with both of his arms folded behind his head while his eyes were closed. He lay there as he savor the gentle breeze pressed against his body. He felt very peaceful but he can't deny that something-- more like someone's missing.

"Jiyong-ah," a girl called him. Just hearing her calling him automatically made him smile, "Hmm?" He replied while smiling like a fool.

"A guy just--" before the girl even finish her sentence, Jiyong jumped to his feet and faced the girl, "A guy what? Tell me,"

The girl just laughed at Jiyong's reaction. She was just testing him. The girl laughed harder when she saw Jiyong crossed his arms and raised his eyebrow.

The girl just hugged him and shook her head, "Aigoo, I'm just joking."

Seeing that Jiyong didn't respond, she pulled back and looked at him in the eye, "No matter what happens, always remember that I always love you and only you, Kwon. Arasseo?"

Jiyong just hugged her back and whispered to her lovingly, "Arraseo. I love you too, babe."

The girl buried her head on his chest and mumbled, "Happy Anniversary to us, Jiyong."

The scene shifted and the sound of something loud rang in his ears making him open his eyes. Confusion was written all over Jiyong's face. And then, he remembered that that was a piece of his memories that was lost. But the only thing that confuses him is that, why is the girl's face is blurred?

Who the hell is she?, Jiyong thought.


N O T E:

Hello and thanks to those who had just subscribed ^^