Introduction

Lost Memoirs
Introduction

“Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges, fighting to be together, holding on, and never letting go..”


September 4, 2009


Cherry blossoms and fallen leaves danced with the evening breeze of Seoul. People of different ages- young and elderly- littered around the sidewalks. Children happily skipped alongside their parents. Couples walked along side by side while pointing here and there. It’s a night for strolling, but as they say, all things come to an end.


It’s a perfect scenery from one’s imagination but it wasn’t one anymore when loud screeches of cars skidding across the road filled the atmosphere. The once cheery and calm atmosphere was filled and replaced by fear and panic. Different reactions came from the people- some ran away, and some looked and called for help. Not long after, the blaring sirens of the authorities rang from a distance.


The moment Dara opened her eyes, she was being carried away by a stretcher. She can’t remember what happened and her mind is still in a haze. She unconsciously turned her head to her side and there she saw someone familiar lying on a stretcher not far away from where she is but she can’t recognize the person. She stared at the person till she recognized who. After recognizing, tears started to fell from her eyes. Jiyong, she whispered.


“It’s time,” a voice whispered. Dara felt her eyes begin to close. But before she completely shut her eyes, she saw a white ghostly figure watching them from a far. Then, she was swallowed by the eerie darkness again.



September 4, 2014


Dara happily checked herself in the mirror. She combed her hair one last time then smiled at herself as she was contented on how she look. She was interrupted when she heard leaking water and immediately ran towards the kitchen sink. I can’t believe I forgot to turn it off, she told herself. After turning off the water, she checked all of the things she’ll be bringing. She couldn’t afford it if she left a single thing missing. Satisfied, she grabbed her things and left her apartment.


Dara was putting all her things in the compartment when someone greeted her, “Good morning, Dara!” Bom chirpily said, “You look happy today huh? What’s the catch?” she added while nudging Dara. Dara laughed, “Aigoo, it’s not something, Bommie. Kekeke.”


Bom frowned and fondled her phone and unintentionally pressed the power button. Her eyes widened as she saw what the date today is, “Visiting him then?” Bom said and smiled. Dara nodded and smiled back at Bom. “Tabi and I will catch up later, ne?” Bom said as she patted Dara’s shoulders. Dara nodded again and bid her goodbye to Bom as she sped away towards her destination.


Bom sighed when Dara’s car was not visible anymore. “I hope she’ll be okay,” she whispered to herself.




Jiyong strides toward his destination. He doesn’t know why but there is this invisible force pulling him towards there. Jiyong frowned as he felt familiarity as he went nearer to his destination. His frown deepened as he didn’t remember going there even once. If he’s going to recall his memories, it would only start on the day he woke up again.


Jiyong was about to turn left when he heard someone crying. Judging from the way the person cries, it is obviously a girl. He stopped on his tracks and looked around but found no one. Weird. I must be imagining things again, he thought. It always happens to him once every year. Hearing his name being called and then followed by whimpers and cries. He didn’t know why and where it came from. But then he has this sudden urge to hug that lady who’s crying. Jiyong shook his head, I must be crazy, he thought again, I even don’t know who that person is.


Jiyong was about to walk again when something--no, someone appeared in front of him. “Ray,” Jiyong casually greeted and nodded towards the newcomer. Ray bowed as a response. “What brings you here, then?” Jiyong asked.


“The Old Council is looking for you,” Ray informed him.


“Tell them I’ll be there in a minute,” Jiyong replied.


Ray nodded and bowed once again before he disappeared.


Jiyong shoved his hands in his pockets and looked up at the sky covered with clouds and sighed. And in a blink of an eye, he disappeared leaving a trail of white-colored smoke.