Vegetables (You Who Had My First Kiss)

Vegetables (You Who Had My First Kiss)

The Kim Family just moved in to the new house. They had a son named Kim Jaejoong, which was only 9 years old. They came from Chungnam, they moved to Seoul because finally Mr. Kim got a job in Seoul.

“Umma, there’s a park near this house!! Can I play there?? Please” Joongie asked his mom, not forget to use his ultimate puppy eyes.

 

“Ohh really? Okay then, you can play and find new friends. Be careful and come home before 6 PM okay baby?!” Mrs. Kim answered as she cleared every part of her new house.

 

“Umma, Joongie is 9, Joongie is not a baby anymore” Little joongie had a big pout.

 

“But for me, Joongie is forever my baby okay” His mom answered then giggling because of her son’s cuteness.

 

“Okay umma, Joongie is going to the park now. Bye” Little Joongie said as he put on his shoes.

 

“Be careful, Joongie ah~!”

 

=================================================================================

 

Little Jaejoong walked to the park happily. He saw so many children were playing there. The park was big enough to play hide and seek, and also there were swings. Little Jaejoong saw that all the people there had big smiles on their faces, except…a child who was sitting on the bench alone. Jaejoong was curious why he didn’t even smile just like the others. So he approached that little kid who seemed like has the same age as him.

 

“Hello, my name is Joongie”

“I don’t talk to strangers” that kid hissed coldly.

 

Joongie felt sad, he thought he did nothing wrong.

 

“I told you my name so I’m not a stranger anymore. What is your name?” Joongie didn’t want to give up. He wanted to make friends so he shouldn’t give up easily.

 

That kid who was taller than Jaejoong finally said “Just call me Yunnie”

 

“Okay, Yunnie. No w we are friends!” Jaejoong said cheerfully

 

“Who said I want to be your friend?” the kid called ‘Yunnie’ said, actually he was just teasing Jaejoong.

 

“So, yunnie doesn’t want to be Joongie’s friend? How about being Joongie’s boy friend? Umma said that if Joongie likes a girl, Joongie should ask her to be Joongie’s girlfriend but since Yunnie is a boy so Yunnie should be my boyfriend, right?” Jaejoong said innocently.

 

“Goshhh, are you crazy? Fine, I will be your whatever friend~” Yunho finally gave up on innocent Joongie.

 

“Yay!! Joongie has a new boy friend”

 

“Whatever. Look, Joongie, now I have to go home. Okay, see you” With that, Yunho stood up and went away, leaving Jaejoong sat on the bench alone.

 

‘Geez..weird kid…it’s not like I will meet him again anyway’ mumbled Yunho as he walked away.

 

====================================================================================

 

“Children, we have a new friend!!! He comes from Chungnam and now he lives in Seoul. Kim Jaejoong, please come here” said Mrs. Choi, the teacher.

 

Kim Jaejoong, who had white porcelain skin, soft black hair, rosy lips and pretty eyes entered the class with a cute smile plastered on his face.

 

“Hello everyone, I’m Kim Jaejoong and I’m 9 years old. Nice to meet you all” Jaejoong introduced himself before his eyes found a known person, it’s his boyfriend!

 

“Yunnie!!!!” Joongie yelled excitedly because he didn’t expect his so-called-boyfriend to be in one school, or even one class with him.

 

“Yah~! Yunho, you know that pretty boy?” whispered Yoochun, Yunho’s bestfriend.

 

“I..i don’t know him!” Yunho denied loudly.

 

“I’m your boyfriend, Yunnie? Yesterday I became your boyfriend, you don’t remember me?” Jaejoong felt like crying now, he didn’t even realize that all people in that class now were gasping and started to whisper at one another because of his words.

 

Mrs. Choi cleared to chill out the mood. “Okay class, calm down all.”

‘Since Jaejoong is from Chungnam, he must be really innocent that he doesn’t know what boyfriend is.’ Mrs. Choi talked and sighed inside her heart. “Now Jaejoong, just have a seat there, next to Yunho, it’s the only empty seat”

 

Jaejoong was more excited to be told to sit next to Yunho.

 

====================================================================================

 

Days passed fast that now Joongie and his family had been moving to Seoul for 1 month already. Jaejoong was happy that he could meet Yunho everyday at school, the two became best friends, eventhough they fought (just for fun of course) pretty often. But life was good for them. Now Jaejoong had already know what ‘boyfriend’ was, Yunho explained it to him, but he stubbornly still called Yunho as his boy friend. He said Yunho was not his boyfriend but his BOY friend, or male friend. Yunho would just roll his eyes to that statement.

 

“Joongie, why do you eat meat everyday?! It’s not good for your health” Yunho said as he sat next to Jaejoong during the break time. They remained best friends, they couldn’t be separated even during the break time.

 

“I hate vegetables, and I love meat.”

 

“But you will get fat if you eat meat continuously, Joongie. Vegetables are good for your health, you have to eat them!” Yunho was worried because his best friend always ate meat everyday, he never saw him eating vegetables which were very good for body and health. At first, Yunho thought that maybe one day Joongie would eat vegetables, but no, he never saw the latter eat it. Only meat and meat. It was true that when he first met Joongie, he didn’t even care about his name. but now since they were best friends, he started caring about him, knowing that the latter was caring about him too.

 

“You talk like my umma, Yunnie. But meat is also good for your health. Vegetables are not delicious!” Joongie replied as he ate the fried chicken he bought at the canteen.

 

“How about….Yunnie will treat you eating?! You can pick the restaurant,but you have to eat vegetables, you are allowed to eat meat, but along with vegetables, how about it? If you eat it, Yunnie will dance for you! Come on Joongie, it’s for your health”

 

“Okay! Let’s meet at the park tomorrow at 9 AM! Since tomorrow is Saturday, so we have no school right” Jaejoong giggled happily. For his Yunnie, he would do anything.

 

====================================================================================

 

Jaejoong was excited to go to a restaurant together with Yunho. He heard adults sometimes called it a ‘Date’. But when his umma asked him why he went to the park, he answered he would have a date with Yunho and his umma laughed at him and said he was good at joking.

 

8.50 AM…

10 more minutes and Jaejoong couldn’t wait, eventhough he had to eat vegetables, something that he didn’t like, but he was sure he could do it for Yunho.

 

9.00 AM…

 

Yunho hadn’t come to the park, and Jaejoong started to feel worry. Jaejoong knew Yunho was an on-time person, he was rarely late…

 

9.20 AM…

Joongie sat on the bench, felt sad and worry because yunho hadn’t come yet. The park was crowded, but his heart was empty. He thought maybe Yunho forgot about their ‘he-called-date’ today. But the happiness was plastered on his face the second he saw Yunho walking toward him. But it was weird, Yunho’s face was sad and his eyes were teary.

 

“Yunnie, you’re very late. What’s wrong?” asked Jaejoong curiously as he held Yunho’s hands.

 

“Joongie, my parents will move to Japan since my dad got a contract-job there. They said I have to join them moving to Japan..so…we have to say..goodbye..” and now because of Yunho’s words, Jaejoong was crying.

 

“Huaaaaaaaaaaa Yunnie!!!”

 

“Jaejoongie, promise me to take care of yourself, you have to eat vegetables so you will be healthy always. Umma said I will be back 12 years later, so maybe we could meet on my 21st birthday. How about we meet here, at my 21st bday? I will come…hm…at 12 AM. Deal?” actually Yunho was lying, his umma said that they might be live in Japan till Yunho graduated from college, but seeing how hard Jaejoong cried, Yunho said it so Jaejoong wouldn’t be so sad anymore, promising that they would meet again. Yunho concluded that might be when he was an adult later, he could come here alone, to meet Jaejoongie.

 

“Ehmm..okay..i will wait for you till that day comes, Yunnie..don’t forget me…bye…” Jaejoongie said as he waved his hand cutely in front of Yunho’s face.

 

Yunho smiled, seeing how cute Jaejoong was. He wiped Jaejoong’s tears with his hands then he came closer to Jaejoong’s face. It was heaven when their lips touched each other for about 3 seconds only. 3 seconds to remember, Yunho would call it. Jaejoong’s pouty lips tasted better than he thought. After the kiss ended, Jaejoong looked at him cutely with his big doe eyes.

 

“I like you, Jaejoongie, my boyfriend! Now I have to go, appa said we will go soon, I guess this is good bye.” Yunho confessed sadly. They hugged each other for the last time then Yunho walked away. He tried not to turn back his head to see Jaejoongie.

 

Jaejoongie felt his knees week more than ever.

 

====================================================================================

 

Kim Jaejoong, 21 year-old nutrition student who studied at Seoul University came to the park. Sunday, 6 FEBRUARY 2011. He remembered it clearly what yunho said that day. The park was still a park, but the kids these days were not playing in the park again, so many malls and other interesting places. So this park was empty, rarely being visited by people. Most of the visitors were old people who wanted to take a walk. Jaejoong sat on the bench, the old bench he used to sit with Yunho.

 

After Yunho leaving, Jaejoong tried to eat vegetables everyday. And now he used to eat vegetables. He even studied nutrition because he found his interest in healthy food. And he would like to work as a nutritionist to make other people healthy with the perfect nutrition. He looked at his watch, 11 AM, one more hour to go. He was too excited to meet his ‘boyfriend’ that he came very early.

 

================================================================================

‘OMG IT’S 11 AM NOW AND HERE I AM, TRAPPED WITH THIS CHATTY WOMAN! ARGH. I HAVE TO GO SOON!’ Yunho yelled inside his heart, of course he remembered his promise to his ‘boyfriend’ named Jaejoong. He had booked the flight ticket to Seoul since 3 months ago, but out of sudden yesterday his mom wanted him to meet a woman on his 21st birthday, a future wife she said, but yunho couldn’t care less. So for his mom’s sake, he met this woman, named Seulgi who apparently very talkative in every way. And it was annoying for Yunho. He was forced to book another flight, the afternoon one (previously he booked the morning one).

 

“Err..okay, seulong-sshi, ahhh whatever your name is. First I’m not going to get married soon, second, if I’m going to get married soon, I’ve already had the person I love, and third, I gotta go now to meet that person, so goodbye!” Yunho even forgot what her name was, he didn’t care anymore, so after saying it, he stood up and went away from that place.

 

He ran to the airport, he already booked the 12 AM flight to Seoul so he expected that he would be late a few hours. He hoped by then Jaejoong would still wait for him at that park.

 

================================================================================

 

1 PM……

And Yunho hadn’t come. Jaejoong shrugged. His heart felt sad. Maybe Yunho really forgot about him, about his promise, about them, about everything. Maybe he’d found his happiness there, in Japan, with a girl he loved. Maybe he was celebrating his birthday right now with that girl.

 

But Jaejoong didn’t know his body refused to move. He felt like leaving the park because maybe Yunho wouldn’t come. But his heart yelled at him, told him to stay, so did his body.

 

3PM……………

‘Come on Jaejoong, it’s 3PM now!!! Yunho won’t come!! It’s 2 hours late already, he won’t come, remember that he always came on time right? Just leave this park, leave your memories with him, move on with someone else’ Jaejoong felt like crying. The tears was already flowing on his white soft cheeks.

 

So he stood up from the seat, just when he wanted to walked away, he heard a familiar voice. A lovely one.

“YAH!!!! DON’T YOU DARE TO LEAVE!”

 

He looked at the tall man in front of him. It was Yunho, definitely Yunho.

 

“Yun..ho…” His Yunho now was so handsome and tall. He was growing up perfectly.

 

“Yah~! How cruel you are! You want to leave me huh?!” Yunho teased, his eyes were teary already, he missed Jaejoong more than ever, now that the man growing up so beautifully, his heart screamed happiness.

 

Then they ran to hug each other. “I miss you so much, I thought you forgot about me and our promise” Jaejoong whispered as he cried.

 

“How could I forget you when you’re the only thing on my mind?”

 

“Yah!! Why are you so corny? Are you sure you’re Yunho?? You’re not Yunho right?!Give me back my boyfriend!” Jaejoong hit Yunho playfully and Yunho then caught his wrist to stop the man from hitting him.

 

“Here, I’ll give you your boyfriend back”Yunho said with a smirk before come closer to Jaejoong’s face…………..…………and they continued the kiss they had 12 years ago..

 

 

THE END....