one

Write Our Romance in Big Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

one

September 3th, 2014

 

Dear Mr. Lee

Further to the manuscript you have sent to our publishing house a few weeks ago, I am honored to inform you that your copy has been accepted for a thorough reading which might lead to its official publishing. Thus, it would be a great pleasure if we could set an appointment and discuss the possibilities of an author contract together.

We look forward to your early reply.

Yours sincerely,

Lee Donghae – Editor of the book-publishing department, SM Publishing House.

 

*

 

September 29th, 2014

 

Dear Mr. Lee,

I write with reference to my email of September 12th, in which I requested an appointment with you regarding the manuscript you have sent us. Indeed, your copy seems to have great potential and I believe that it has high chances of getting published, if only we manage to draft an author contract first.

As you might have not received my previous mail, I can only hope that you will call me as soon as you have read this one so we can set up a meeting.

Best regards,

Lee Donghae – Editor of the book-publishing department, SM Publishing House.

 

*

 

October 14th, 2014

 

Dear Mr. Lee,

I write with reference to my emails of September 9th and September 29th.

As you have still not replied to any of them, I can only conclude that you have either still not opened your email-box at all this past month, or that you ignored them completely.

In both cases, and since I cannot prove any of my assumptions, I hereby reiterate my request for an appointment so we can discuss the manuscript you have sent to our publishing house a month ago – as I am sure you must remember. Indeed, your text has highly interested the book-publishing department of the SM Publishing House and we would be delighted to make it into a bound book as soon as we have signed some sort of an author contract with you. Which means I need to actually meet you, since I am the editor which has been assigned to this project.

Please reply as soon as you can.

Best regards – but getting a bit desperate,

Lee Donghae – Editor of the book-publishing department, SM Publishing House.

 

P.S.: I shall also send you a written letter by mail, in hopes you will at least open it.

 

*

 

October 21st, 2014

 

Dear Mr. Lee,

I write with reference to my repeated pleas for your almighty attention, which you still apparently refuse to grant me. If you could act like the adult you supposedly are for the ten minutes it would take you to read any of my numerous emails and letter, I could only be wonderfully delighted. As I am also sure that you do know how to read and write – which brings me back to your manuscript, but I will talk about to this issue later in my email –, I am sure you have enough resources to at least draft me some kind of answers that will let me know that you are not, in fact, dead.

Regarding your manuscript, as much as I would like to convince my superiors that it is not worth the pain, they are unfortunately categorical that I must do my best to earn an appointment with you and see if we can come to an agreement. In other words, I am only obeying orders and since I would like to keep this job as long as I can, I really hope you can send me an answer and save me from another scolding.

Your reply by either ways you deem possible would be just peachy.

Regards – which are desperate and quite offended,

Lee Donghae – Editor of the book-publishing department, SM Publishing House.

P.S.: Hoping that you do have a mailbox somewhere, I sent this email by post as well.  

 

*

 

October 31st, 2014

 

Dear Mr. Lee

It is my birthday today, but here I am writing you yet another email and letter because you did not have the decency to answer the last ones. I did get another reprimand from the Manager of my department in case you wondered, and it is only thanks to your deafeningly stubborn silence.

You are a pain.

Please answer this email as soon as you can so we can set an appointment, briefly talk about your manuscript and hopefully never see each other again for the rest of our lives.

No regards at all,

Lee Donghae – Editor of the book-publishing department, SM Publishing House

P.S.: I sent you a simple note, this time. Using my expensive paper seems like a waste at this point.

 

*

 

November 17th, 2014

 

Mr. Lee,

As much as I understand you must have other, more important issues than wasting a few minutes of your precious life for my substandard emails – five emails, two letters and one note –, I regret to inform you that this is, as a matter of fact, yet another request for your time. I have tried many times to dissuade my superiors from trying to start an author contract with you, but they have unfortunately all refused – they seem to think that you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter