final

Sweet

“Okay class! That’s all for today! See you tomorrow and don’t forget to do your group project!”the teacher left after she managed her file, so did the students.

 

“I think it’s better if we do our project in Wendy’s café. How is it, Joy?”said a girl with the cat-eye.

“Good idea, Seulgi!”the girl named Joy clapped her hand in amuse,”I miss the bubble tea and the strawberry cake too!”

“Brats! You guys just want the free meals!”the girl with the blue dip-dye hair groaned and face-palmed herself, making the other girls laughed.

“No, we want to visit you parents as well..is that wrong?”Seulgi put her arm on Wendy’s shoulder and giggled.

“Wait, I should make a list of the meals we want to order!”Joy teased Wendy and the latter puffed out her cheeks.

As they walked through the school gate, a teacher stopped them,”Ms.Son? How many time do I have to tell you that you should dye your hair back to black?”

“I-I will do it when I got home, Sir!”they ran away as the teacher shouted to them –more like to Wendy-.

 

-

 

“Look! I told you that you guys just want to eat here!”

“Chill girl, we will do our project after this…”said Seulgi with mouth full of cake.

“Wendy, let your friend eat peacefully…look at them, they are so thin. Seulgi, Joy..eat more okay?”said Wendy’s mom.

“Mom, you have to know that they are pigs..they ate 2 portions of ramyun for lunch today..!”Wendy groaned, while Seulgi and Joy just giggled at their pissed off friend.

“Sit down and eat with us, Wendy Son..”Seulgi pulled Wendy on her laps. Wendy’s cheeks turned into red, she couldn’t say a thing if Seulgi did that kind of things to her. Joy shook her head with a smile on her face. Wendy immediately jumped off from Seulgi’s laps to the chair beside her because one of the waitresses came to them.

 

“D-Do you want more water?”the waitress said with a really small yet so soft voice.

“Sure. Thanks”Seulgi smiled to her as the latter poured water to their glasses. Joy couldn’t help but staring at her.

 

Beautiful. She thought.

 

“Joy! Joy Park! Hey!”

 

Wendy’s voice interrupted her daydream. Joy turned her head to Wendy.

“You’re spacing out…”the dip-dye haired girl said.

“A-Am I?”Joy stuttered.  Seulgi and Wendy nodded.

“You like her?”Wendy smirked and played her eyebrows.

“W-Who?”

“My mom’s worker..the one who gave us water..”she said.

“Um..”

“Her name is Irene, Irene Bae. She’s my mom’s friend’s daughter, she moved from Daegu to Seoul a while ago for attending her university. She leaves with us and decided to help my mom here, because she don’t want to be a burden. Such a hard-worker. By the way..we can call her to sit here with us if you want.”Wendy rose her hand to call Irene but Joy stopped her.

“No! Don’t!”

“Awww..look! Our baby is in love…!”Seulgi pinched Joy’s cheeks.

“I’m not..”

She sighed and back to her chair.

“But, she’s so pretty..”she mumbled.

“You like her..you made this kind of face when you looked at her. It looks so stupid..”Seulgi mimicking Joy’s face and laughed with Wendy.

“Let me call her for you..”Wendy said and rose her hand again. Once she did that, Irene came to them.

“Can I help you?”she said.

“Sit with us, unnie..I’ll introduce you to my friends..”Wendy said. Since the only empty chair was the one beside Joy, she sat there with an awkward gesture. And Joy, she widened her eyes when she heard Wendy called the girl as ‘unnie’ because she didn’t look like one. She’s so cute.

Wendy giggled,”don’t be awkward. This is Seulgi and..the one who sits beside you is Joy..”

“Nice to meet you!”Seulgi said. Meanwhile, Joy just nodded her head and smile.

“You should hang out with us if you have time, unnie..”said Wendy.

“B-But..i should help your mom..”she said shyly.

“She doesn’t mind…right mom?”Wendy said to her mom who was standing inside the bar.

“Sure, honey. Irene, you should make some friends too..”the old woman said.

Irene just quietly nodded.

They had a chat while the three youngest making their project. Irene always took a glance to Joy, because the girl beside her was so quite. When Seulgi and Wendy made a joke, she was just smiling or giggling. Irene thought that she might be uncomfortable because of her, but Wendy insisted her to stay. She looked at Seulgi and Wendy who were always teasing and touching each other and finally she dared herself to ask.

“Are you guys dating?”she said as pointing at them.

Wendy and Seulgi looked at each other and smile,”yes! Is that obvious?”

“You guys are too obvious..!”

Irene was about to open , but Joy commented first with an attractive giggle. She felt her cheeks were burning, and she didn’t know why but she liked Joy’s voice.

 

-

 

Joy put her hands inside her coat’s pockets while her eyes looking around the café, she smiled when she found Irene in the back of the bar. She approached her and knocked to bar with her fingers because the latter was still busy making a coffee or something. Her hair tied up and it made her looked prettier. It had been long enough since they know each other and getting closer. Joy was secretly smiling, she admired Irene’s serious face. It’s flawless. She thought.

 

“Hey..”

 

Joy woke up from her dream and saw Irene in front of her, smiling.

“Hey..”Joy said, replying Irene’s smile.

“Wendy went out with Seulgi..”she said.

“I know…”Joy giggled.

“So? Want to take an order?”

“Um..”Joy squinted her eyes as she looking at the menu,”I guess…just give me taro bubble tea as usual..”

“Okay..why don’t you take a sit?”

“Nope, I’m good. Beside..just want to make sure that you won’t put any poisons in my drink..”

“Aww..how did you know I want to put a poison in your drink?”Irene pouted and rest her chin on her palms in front of Joy. They were so close.

“May I know what kind of poison is that?”Joy lifted her eyebrow.

“It’s called..”Irene moved closer to Joy’s ear and whispered,”love poison..”

Joy smirked,”such a tease..”she shook her head,”give me a lot then..”she caressed Irene’s hair and took a sit in front of the bar.

 

Not so long after that, Joy received her drink.

“You know..it’s not good if you have such a cold drink in this weather..”

Joy just giggled and drank her bubble tea.

“Why do you really like it?”Irene asked.

“Which one?”

“Huh?”

“The drink or my feeling towards you?”

Irene bit her lower lips,”t-the drink..”

Joy giggled,”don’t tell me that you never had this before..”

Irene nodded,”yeah..i never tried it before..”

“Then have a taste…”

“No, I-“

Joy cut Irene off with the kiss. Yes, she kissed Irene on the lips. Irene widened her eyes but she did close her eyes after that. Luckily, there were just a few customers in the café.

 

They gasped for air as they broke the kiss.

 

“It’s sweet..”Joy said.

“H-Huh?”

She giggled at Irene’s reaction,“the drink..that’s why I like it.”

Irene was actually dumbfounded.

“But..i think I have my new favorite..”she said as she pecked Irene’s lips,”your lips is really sweet..yet so addicting”

The older couldn’t hide her blushing cheeks.

“Gosh! What are you guys doing at my café?”a really loud voice made Joy and Irene turned their face to the source. It was Wendy.

“Wow…well..I think we come in the wrong situation..”Seulgi said as she pulled Wendy closer to her.

Irene and Joy was just glancing each other and smile. Meanwhile, Wendy was still mad.

“Calm down, Wendy..that’s good that they’re finally together, right?”

“B-but..but..”

Seulgi pecked Wendy’s lips,”I know you want that too…”

Wendy shutted and made a silly face. Her face turned into red, making her friends laughed at her.