Chapter 3

Everything Happens For a Reason

 

JONG SUK’S POV

I opened the door to see the one person that I’ve been avoiding a few days back,Woobin.I stand there and froze.Why is he here?And…this early?

‘Jong Sukkie…’ he barely spoke my name.He doesn’t looked so good.His face is pale and he has dark circles below his eyes.Judging from his looks,I’m guessing he didn’t get himself enough sleep.

Is it because of….me?

I kept away those thoughts buried deep in my head and looked at him squarely.

‘Yah! What are you doing here this early! You should just called me before coming here.’ I said to him loudly.

It’s not like I’m furious at him for recklessly coming here without even wearing a damn scarf! God damnit! But for some reason,I don’t like seeing him this saggy.And I don’t know why,I felt a lump stucked in my too dry throat.I don’t feel so good.

A cloud of air puffed out from Woobin’s mouth as he lower his head.

‘Just wanted to see you.’ He faintly smile and drooped his eyes.

I swallowed and gulped.My heart just skips a beat.Hearing him saying those words towards me send me butterflies in my stomach.

I sighed heavily and nodded,letting him know that I heard him.

‘Come in,it’s cold out there.’ I said softly and let him through the door.

Woobin hesitantly walk through my front door and muttered a small thanks before coming in.I bit the inside of my cheeks.trying not to look too obvious that I’m glad he came here to see me.I can’t help smiling.

I led him to my living room and walked to the kitchen to make us some coffee after Woobin sat himself on the couch.

‘Yah!.’ I began. ‘It’s freezing out there! Do you want to get sick!’ I reminded him once more of the weather and pouted.

Woobin can be an idiot sometimes.A handsome,dinosaur-face idiot,that’s what he is.

Wait what!? I just described my best friend handsome!!

I slapped myself  on the cheeks with both of my hands and regained back my sanity.

What is this?

 

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

WOOBIN’S POV

When Jong Suk opened the door,I thought my heart was about to burst.I thought  he won’t open but now that he’s here,standing in front me,looking fine and well,I can’t help but to smile.I let out my breath,unnoticed that I have been holding it long.Jong Suk wears a baggy,white shirt and a pair of grey swear pants.He looks so adorable this way.

I was a bit startled when Jong Suk shouted at me.Sounding concerned? He said something about how cold outside is and to just call him before coming here.

Ah,right.Call.I did planned to call him beforehand but I was worried that he might not answer any of my calls or texts.

Looking at him closely,he looks rather serious and that’s makes my heart flutters,He still cares about me even after the incident.

I drooped my eyes towards the ground and smiled.

‘Just wanted to see you.’ I said to him.

After a few seconds,I can hear a sigh coming from him and I began to feel afraid.What if Jong Sukkie shuts his door on me? I can feel the back of my shirt underneath the coat I’m wearing,drenched with my sweat.

Surprisingly,he invited me in.Hearing that from him,I can’t help but bite my lips.Suppressing a tear from threatening to fall down my cheek.

I sat myself onto his couch and watched him go to the kitchen,excusing himself to make coffee for the both of us.

He glanced at my way from the kitchen and I pretended to not notice his piercing gaze.It’s suddenly became warmer here so I took off my coat and placed at the armchair.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Three days ago,night at Jong Suk’s apartment.

‘Woobin ah! Don’t be like that~’ Jong Suk pouted and hugged Woobin’s right arm,making cute sounds in order to make Woobin look at him.

‘Aish! Jong Sukkie,stop making those sounds.You sound weird.’ Woobin covered Jong Suks’s mouth with his left hand and cringed his eyes.Pretending to look disgusted.

‘Yah~It’s because you looked angry at me.’ Jong Suk’s muffled voice came from his mouth and he fluttered his beautiful eyelashes at Woobin.

Woobin lets go of Jong Suks’s mouth.

‘Yah! I’m not mad at you!’

‘Oooohhhh~Dino Woobin is scary~’ Jong Suk cooed.

‘Stop calling me that,Jong Suk ah.’

‘No.’

‘Jong Suk ah.’

‘See? You’re smiling again.’ Jong Suk grinned.

Woobin let out a sigh and patted Jong Suk’s hair,adoring him more and more every day.

‘Fine,I let slide it this time.’

‘Yeah! You’re the best!’

Woobin grinned.

‘Yah,Jong Suk ah.You called me a dinosaur but you ate more than me.’

‘Yah!’ Jong Suk punched Woobin’s arm playfully and pouted.Making a pretend hurt face.

‘That’s because I’ve been cornered with my schedules today and I don’t have the time to feed myself until you showed up.’ He smiled,his pearly white teeth showing.

‘Are you saying that you used me,Jong Sukkie?’ Woobin raised his eyebrow.

‘Wow,I’m hurt.’ He pretended his heart breaks by clenching his shirt.

‘Yah,I’m not!’ Jong Suk uses his full on pout on Woobin and crosses his arms.

‘Just kidding.Just kidding.’ Woobin laughed. 

But Jong Suk didn’t let Woobin go that easily.Instead he pinches Woobin’s cheeks before strutting towards his living room.

‘Yah!’ Woobin squawked.

‘What is that for?Yah!’ He walked towards a not-so-very-innocent Jong Suk,who’s chuckling loudly,enough to make Woobin pissed.

‘Yah!’ But Jong Suk ignored him and walked ahead.

‘Serve you right.’ Jong Suk turned and smiled at Woobin.Poking his tongue out to a very pissed off Woobin.

‘Oh.You are so gonna get it!’ Woobin went up to him and nearly grabbed Jong Suk’s arm.Almost because Jong Suk dodged and ran.

They chased each other around the house.Filling the place with laughter and pants.

‘Yah,…’ Jong Suk wheezed out.

‘Let’s stop this,kay?’ He faced and panted heavily,catching his breath.

Woobin bumped into him and toppled to the ground along with Jong Suk.

Jong Suk landed on the ground with an ‘oomph!’ coming from his lips and glared daggers at Woobin.Woobin who landed on top of him,panted and smirked,finally having his victory.

That bastard!

‘Caught you at last.’Woobin breathed out.

Jong Suk blinked his eyes and smiled.

‘Yeah,yeah.Now get off me.’ He pushed Woobin’s chest with his hand,intent to push him away.He panted and sighed when Woobin didn’t budge away from him.Thus,he’s damn heavy!

‘Yah! You’re heavy.’ Jong Suk groaned,his head on Woobin’s shoulder.

‘Yah,Woobin ah!’ He stopped when he found Woobin staring at him intently.

‘Woobin?’ He softly called.

‘Love you…’ Woobin croaked out  while he let his hand cupped Jong Suk’s soft,milky face.

Flustered,Jong Suk asked him.He didn’t seem to be quite catching it.

‘What?’

Woobin let his eyes soften while he Jong Suk’s cheeks,gently.

‘I love you,Lee Jong Suk.’

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 Jong Suk closed his eyes while he gripped the two mugs in his hands.

His heart beating fast.

Can he handle this?Can he face Woobin?Can he…accept him?

He tightly grips the mugs and walks to the living room .Towards Woobin.

Woobin heard the footsteps coming from behind him and swallowed.

He can do this! He can do this! HE CAN DO THIS!

Jong Suk set the two mugs on the coffee table in front of Woobin and sat.

The room grows silent once again with the two of them sitting in the same couch,not able to talk,not wanting to be the first to start it first.

Jong Suk and Woobin both closes their eyes and turned their head towards the other.Startled to see the other also doing the same.

They froze and gulped.

‘Jong Suk,you can do it!’ ‘Woobin,you can do it!’

 

|*Author's Note |

Hey.Sorry for the late update.My country state had a heavy flood and the the network has been cut offf due to the widespread of fake reports of the flood news around my country for a week.TT^TT.Tsk.Anyway,here's the new chapter of this fic.Hope you like it.^^''