Zenlovers | Oneshot - 10/26/2011

Moonlight Request Shop

 

You walk through the hallways with your head held high like you always do. It’s not like you’re stuck-up or anything but you’ve been taught all your life to walk everywhere and anywhere looking as though you own the entire world. Your father owns Seoul, it is the largest and most powerful village on Earth and it’s peaceful. You always thank the heavens that you are the daughter of Seoul’s ruler.

 

As beautiful and as graceful as you are, you have a bad temper. Your tolerance level is low, you’re spoiled and you know it. You love people though – when they aren’t on your last nerves.

 

You step into before a large door, you knock twice and you wait. A few seconds later, a pretty girl pokes her head out. She welcomes you into her room; you make your way in after you smile beautifully at her.

 

“What brings you here, milady?” She says in a teasing voice, you glare at her but you laugh. You sit on her bed and watch her as she goes around her room.

 

“I want to go out into the forest today,” You tell her slowly as you play with the sides of your dress. You hear her gasp and your eyes widen, “What is it?” Your eyebrows furrow in concern. Suzy, that is her name, she walks over to you and sits beside you. She takes your hands in hers and looks in your eyes. You blink.

 

“What?” You ask bewildered by her actions.

 

“It has been four years since you last left the palace,” She mumbles, you pull away from her and you look around the large room.

 

“Is there any problem with me wanting to see nature again?” You frown, she shakes her head.

 

“You haven’t been outside since…” She trails off but you know what she’s about to say. You swallow and look at her.

 

“I’m betrothed to Nam WooHyun now – Chunji is my past.” You say, even though you’re lying to her and to yourself. She gives you a skeptical look and you avoid her eyes.

 

Chunji.

 

Tears well up in your eyes at the thought of your ex fiancée who went missing. He is missing. All of a sudden, out of the blue, he wasn’t there anymore. You remember searching for him everywhere, his favorite spots in the forest and village but he was nowhere in sight.

 

“You’re not in love with Nam WooHyun.” She says quietly.

 

“But he loves me, even before I met Chunji,” You whisper, you look at her with teary eyes. “Tonight is our engagement celebration.” You inform her.

 

You stand up and run out of the room, Suzy calls you but you don’t look back or stop. You hold the dress as you run because if you don’t, you’ll lose your teeth. You bump into WooHyun and he raises his eyebrow at you, he notices your eyes teary eyes.

 

“Are you crying because you miss me?” He says sounding smug, you wipe your tears with the back of your hand and roll your eyes at him.

 

“I’m going for a walk.” You say as you turn away from him, he grabs your wrist and frowns.

 

“I’m coming with you.” He tells you.

 

“I want to be alone,” You look from his hand on your wrist to his face, he's expressionless for second before he smirks.

 

“Can’t,” He suddenly chuckles, “I want you all to myself before tonight,” He snakes his arm around your waist and pulls you close. You struggle and wiggle your way out of his arms, you glare at him.

 

“What time is the celebration?” You grimace; you stop struggling and lean to him.

 

“In a few hours?” He holds you tighter and rests his head on your shoulder with a tired sigh.

 

“Be specific,” You mumble slightly annoyed, you pull away from him and look at him. “I’ll pick something nice to wear,” You say staring at him

 

¤¤¤¤

“Are you all right?” Suzy asks worriedly, you’re crawled under your sheets with your head buried into your pillow.

 

You shake your head and sigh, “I’m tired.” You pause, “Of everything,” You sit up and stare at her. “Do you think I should call this off?” You question referring to the celebration; you’re already dress but not ready to leave.

 

“…” She shrugs and sits on the floor; she stares up at you with a slight smile on her face. “You deserve to be happy – I honestly never liked Chunji and him being missing right now – he’s not the right man for you.” She informs, “I know I have no right to –” You cut her off with a snort.

 

“Father says the same – he likes WooHyun better.” You hop off the bed and you stare at the clock on the wall. “We have 5 minutes to get there before they send the guards to come and find us here.”

 

¤¤¤¤

 

“Attention!” Your father shouts, he uses his fork to tap his glass of wine a few times, earning attention from the people around him. His smile is as bright as the sun, next to him stands WooHyun with a smile of his own. You stand beside them with a forced smile on your face. “I am proud to present to you Prince WooHyun and his fiancée, my beautiful daughter,” He places his glass on the nearby table and joins the rest in clapping his hands.

 

WooHyun steps forward and bows towards you, you do the girly version of bowing and you walk towards him like you’re supposed to. “You look lovely.” He takes your hand in his and kisses your palm; you fight the urge to snatch it out of his grasp. Not because you find him disgusting but because Chunji’s face appears before you.

 

“Dance with me?” He asks charmingly, you nod your head and you let him lead you to the open dance floor. He places both his hands on both sides of your waist and smirk when people clap louder.

 

Out of the blue, your break away from him as if he’s fire. People stare at you both in silence and shock. WooHyun’s people glare at you because of the act.

 

“I can’t!” You scream and run past him, a few guards try to hold you back. They carry you back to WooHyun and don’t let go of you. “Let go!” You cry desperately. WooHyun raises his hand and they you let go.

 

“Why?” He inquires silently, only loud enough for you to hear.

 

“I need Chunji,” You whisper, you stare at the floor, afraid to look up at him. You don’t want to see the disappointment in his eyes.

 

“Go.”

 

¤¤¤¤

 

Searching for Chunji isn’t easy, you travel around the world without rest, determined to find him. But he is nowhere to be found and after months of searching for him, no sight of him; you return to Seoul and back to your family and friends.

 

¤¤¤¤

“I’ll learn to love you,” You say one night to WooHyun who stares at the stars, he looks down at you and gives you a smile.

 

“I’m willing to wait for your love.” He mumbles.

 

Fin.

 

I can’t write a oneshot to save my life LOL I hope you enjoyed this and I hope it was what you wanted. I know I’ve taken a long time to get this done but better late than never, right? Iefa, you’re next.

- SoddForNever

Beta'd, LOL.

- dazzlecwc