Picnic Puzzle

Picnic Puzzle

The both of you were 4 when you met him in the small cozy classroom in your town. He's small just like you but quiet. So quiet; he never attempted to make chats with anyone. You look at him with curiosity and you smiled widely when you realized that he's holding a stuffed toy Stitch—you love blue and aliens.

You approached him and offered him a blue crayon. He looked at you with almost red, puffed eyes. You move your head to your side and pout. You wonder why his eyes are like that. Then you gave him a hug. He relaxed and you patted his head. Everything felt fine.

+

You reached junior high and he was still the same Hyukjae, silent and so, so quiet. The bell rang announcing that it is dismissal. You look at him with a frown realizing that Hyukjae is not being Hyukjae at all.

He looked at you and flashed his all time favorite gummy smile. You shook your head and insisted what's wrong. You nudged repeatedly but Hyukjae kept on smiling and stopped you with a simple pat on the head. You knew him very well but when he hugs you you can't help but drown yourself into it.

+ 

Hyukjae ran towards you and hugged you. He was literally being jumpy and bouncy saying that he passed the dance audition you both put much sacrifice and effort. You hugged him back and felt so much happy. You helped him with the routines even though they only accepted one freshman a year. He promised that he'll help you this time so you can pass the test next year.

You smiled and felt tears roll on your face not even knowing why you were crying. He pulled back and looked at you. He wiped the tears and kissed you on your cheek, you really are weird at times and he is so sweet as always.

+

It was the last year of your college and both of you sworn that you will still see each other and keep in contact - always. 

You graduated and luckily, as some of your classmates tease, Hyukjae too. Hyukjae decided to teach physical education and dance lessons at a high school near his home, and you with much of your father's persuasion, you decided to fulfill his dream and be a star. You two bid goodbyes, knowing that it will take some days, weeks, months and probably even years to see each other again, but you will definitely contact one another. Hyukjae waved at you as soon your car came and hugged you for the last time, you had to admit you will really, really miss his hug. 

 You promised yourself you won't cry but feeling his addicting hug and feeling  his tears crept on your cheek you can't help but hug Hyukjae tighter and longer and the tears that are threatening to fall - really fell and you let out a sob in which Hyukjae would make fun of you but not now. This is the moment you'll really miss him - everything about him. And he does too so no making fun of Lee Donghae for now; Hyukjae wants to treasure his last moments with you.

He was always the first to pull back but now you decided to let go of the hug first, you know it'll be hard to stay long hugging one another and be trapped in his embrace. You wiped his tears this time and smiled. He was still crying just like when the two of you were kids and he let out a muffled, I'll miss you Hae. You're still crying and nodded when you heard what he had said. You are about to go inside the car when Hyukjae grabbed your wrist and in a sudden he kissed your lips. It was just quick peck but it was sweet enough to make you blush and smile warmly at him. He was blushing while verge in tears and you cupped his face and kissed him again, saying the words, I'll miss you too, Hyuk.

+

You are busy with schedules and guestings. You became successful and people know you. You worked with famous stars and people – artists, actors and actresses of sort, Lee Donghae the most attractive, sweet and multi-talented guy of a famous boy band. Everyone adores you, almost everyone you meet fell in love with you in instant. You had no time to talk to your friends and meet them but whenever it is Hyukjae that send messages to you or make a call you got all the time in the world.

He called you saying his class had joined some dance battle in Seoul and he wanted to know if the two of you can meet. Of course, you said yes and when the two of you finally met after five years you can't help but hug him tightly and shout his name without feeling so shy at all and not even minding all the people staring at you in the park. He was taller than you right now and much masculine. You smiled widely and he offered you a sit on the bench near. You started asking questions and he started telling stories. You really missed him. You missed your Hyukjae. 

As time flies you offered him a ride home and he gladly took it. When you reached their temporarily home, he offered you to stay and that he would cook meal for you two. You never imagined Hyukjae would cook so you and received a not so nice slap on your arm but you couldn't care less. The two of you ate the hearty meal he prepared and you cleaned the dishes together just like the two of you did during home economics period. It felt like being the old Donghae and Hyukjae once again.

You asked him to stay for vacation too but Hyukjae shook his head and excused that he still needs to work and teach. You felt bad for being selfish but you understand nonetheless. Hyukjae patted your head and kissed your cheek. Now you wanted Hyukjae to stay much longer.

+

Hyukjae's class didn't win so home is all they wish to be. Hyukjae comforted his class saying that's there's always next time and everyone did great. You smiled as you watched from the back stage how caring and thoughtful Hyukjae still is. You offered them a ride home and once all of his pupils had gone to bed Hyukjae accompany you at the gate.

"Hae,"

You looked at him smiling as brightly as ever.

"Thank you for the ride, we'll go back home tomorrow." He said and you stood there still.

It was quite early you thought and you guys haven't spent much quality time together but you can't stop him. He still has class to take care of. You nodded and thought confessing won't be the right thing to do at this moment. You felt a pang of longing in your fragile hard and tried you best to stop the tears that might fall any time.

Another year had passed and both of you are still calling and sending messages to each other. You gave him gifts during special occasions and he does too. But one day all of your letters and gifts came back to you, saying that Hyukjae had moved somewhere else. Some of your friends say Hyukjae had quitted being a teacher and decided to be a choreographer but no one seems to know where he is. This made you sad because you two are best friends. You two should tell one another’s happenings and updates, whether it is about family, work and even love life. You sighed, thinking so hard where he could be.

You manager came rushing towards your dance room and called for everyone's attention. You wiped your sweat with a towel and listened as he kept on talking about your new choreographer. You're tired of hearing the same talks, since you changed choreographers monthly. This won't be any different from the others. You stood up and excused yourself to the bathroom. As you walked at the hallway someone bumped you and you fell on the floor. The guy offered a hand and when you looked up you see that gummy smile and deep wonderful eyes you've never seen for a long time now.

He smiled and helped you to stand. You smiled too and asked him why he's here. 

"I wanted to be near you."

You looked at him in confusion but it all went away when he hugged you and kissed your forehead, "I miss you Hae."

You buried you face into his neck and smiled feeling his warmth and breathing in his addicting, sweet scent. He mentioned about this room he needs to go to and you told him that you'll be going to that room too.

Once Hyukjae stepped in the room, the manager quickly introduces to everyone that he'll be your new choreographer and you stood at his side, still holding his hands dumbstruck. But then you smiled and held his hand tightly realizing that you won't lose him ever again.