Beauty in the World

Drowning

The younger male watched his hyung as the latter drank yet another bottle from his mini-refrigerator in their room. He tried his best not to wrinkle his nose at the suffocating scent of the alcohol.

 

He shut his laptop and television off, and sat beside his roommate, who was holding on his fifth bottle of beer. His speech showed as he spoke, telling his dongsaeng to " off" because he knew nothing about love and because he was just a pathetic cold-hearted bastard who kept on burning his finger fats with all those games.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun winced. He tried to hide his annoyance, but he was too tired. He only pulled at the bottle on Sungmin's hands, earning himself an evil glare from the older man. He sat comfortably on top of the mini-refrigerator.

 

 

 

Sungmin's scowl became more defined, and the drunk male tried to pull the lanky boy off the refrigerator. He pulled and pulled - until Kyuhyun actually stood up and pinned him on the bed.

"I think it's time for you to stop drowning yourself in alcohol, hyung."

Sungmin smirked and throw him a look. "Why do you care anyway?" He said and it made the younger male frown.

"Hyung..." Kyuhyun muttered as he look into Sungmin's orbs. 

"What?" Sungmin answered bitterly.

Kyuhyun sighed and looked at him. They are in a very unpleasing and not friendly moreover, awkward position. He fisted his hand on Sungmin's side and heave out another heavy breath.

"Hyung, you're tired, get some sleep." Kyuhyun told him as he stood up and about to walk away when Sungmin halted him by grabbing his wrist.

The latter lazily got up and stood behind Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun looked at him half annoyed and half worried. The already drunk man walked fort towards the mini-refrigerator and grab himself a bottle of beer and another one for Kyuhyun. The latter sighed.

"Just drink."

Kyuhyun watched on the floor opposite his hyung who was gulping on his beer. 

Kyuhyun knows very well why Sungmin is like this. It's no other than Jungmo, of course. It is always about him. Never for the past three weeks that he wouldn't see his hyung all drunk and what's worst, has he always cried. Kyuhyun gulped on his bottle of beer as well and looked at his hyung who had his eyes close.

Sometime he wonders, even if unneeded, why Jungmo would leave him. Not that he cares oh - he really, really cares. And tonight he better make this stop. It pains him so much to see his hyung all drunk almost every night, drown in alcohol and not to mention in grief and in pain. He sighed.

"Kyuhyun-ah," the old man sneered and the said man averted his gaze from the floor towards him. 

"I'm tired," Sungmin mumbled and Kyuhyun nodded lowly. He understands him and he wanted nothing but to help. He wanted nothing to make Sungmin feel loved again.

Sungmin gulped the content of the bottle and continued, "I'm just a useless , I let him use me and now he left me with some other guy. him."

"Am I not enough? Tell me Kyuhyun, am I not enough?"

Kyuhyun wanted to answer, no hyung! Of course not. But he couldn't. 

Then not even realizing it, tears started to pool in Sungmin's eyelids. He tried to stop the tears but the hurt was too strong that it all crept on his face and he couldn't stop himself to let out a sob.

Kyuhyun watched him; pain and grief can be stressed out on his face too but he can't mutter out a word.

"I gave him all the love he needs and what I can give, but I guess it wasn't still enough. I just couldn't make him happy with just those simple things. I'm useless." Sungmin sobbed as he rolled the now empty bottle on his side and stood to grab another bottle of beer. Kyuhyun follwed him with his gaze and stood up just as before the latter could open the refrigerator.

He walked and hugged Sungmin from behind. The older male tensed and started to squirm. But Kyuhyun had him on tight hold, not letting go. 

"Don't ever say that you're not enough, Min," Kyuhyun whispered as he hugs the older male, if possible, even tighter, "Jungmo doesn't know how lucky he was for having you around."

The man relaxed and leaned on the hug as tears started falling on Kyuhyun's arms. Sungmin sobbed and cried even more as Kyuhyun started craddling them both and whispered soothing nothings on his ear.

Sungmin was blind for not realizing that Kyuhyun was here to help him whenever he's feeling down and gloomy. He was always beside him when he's giddy and overwhelmed enough that he would cry because of joy and the younger male was there to hug and make him stop. He was blind enough to not to realize that Kyuhyun had done all the things he enjoyed and been happy the most than Jungmo did. He was blind to notice that his heart really is beating for Kyuhyun and his alone- never Jungmo, never Jungmo.

Kyuhyun let go of the hug as soon as he realizes that Sungmin stops crying. He wanted to slap himself as he realizes what he had done to his hyung- it was unintentionally, of course! 

"I - I think you should go and have some sleep now, hyung." Hyunnie stuttered as he took a few steps back. The latter looked at him with confused gaze then he smiled at the cute antic.

Kyuhyun picked up the bottle and went to the trash bin to throw. Sungmin let out a yawn, tears still trickle on his face and sat on Kyuhyun's bed. The younger boy went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. When he got out he saw his hyung lying on his bed, he smiled then let out a sigh. 

The younger male got a hold of his coverlet and was about to exchange it with his hyung's when the latter move and patted the space near him.

"Just sleep here, Kyu." He mumbled still eyes closed and smiling.

Kyuhyun nodded in defeat (and in delight) of course as he pulled the blanket and lied beside Sungmin. Once in place, Sungmin scooted closer and buried his face on the younger male's chest. "Kyuhyun,"

"Hmm?"

"I like you."

Kyuhyun looked at his black hair and about to say something when the latter added, "I was just too drowned into Jungmo's illusion that I never realized that I liked you all along."

The younger male smiled to himself as he hugged his hyung closer and placed a light kiss on Sungmin's forehead before dozing off to his sleep. Now this is better than letting Sungmin get drunk almost every night and sleep on his own, having him in his arms after the long wait feels better - much better.