Chapter 1

Only We Know The Truth

Kibum was a popular seventeen year old boy. He had many friends, was loved by many people and just had it good at school. The thing that would have made his life perfect, however, was if he had a boyfriend. He had a crush on this unpopular boy named Jonghyun but he knew that he didnt have a chance with him since whenever he would try to talk to Jonghyun, Jonghyun was cold towards Kibum. Kibum noticed that Jonghyun was bullied a lot and was often alone a lot. Kibum wasnt one of those douchey popular guys. No he was the sweet and nice one who was nice to everyone he talked to and met. He felt bad for Jonghyun because he could tell Jonghyun was lonely. Jonghyun was in a few his classes and Kibum noticed that Jonghyun seemed almost depressed. Whenever there was a partner assignment in one of his classes with Jonghyun, Kibum would try to ask him to bet his partner but he would be rejected since Jonghyun would want to work by himself as always. Kibum really liked Jonghyun too, he liked him and didnt care about any of the other popular guys because he truly liked Jonghyun, so he was determined to at least become friends with him.

One day during Kibum's science class, which he had with Jonghyun, the teacher told everyone to find a partner for an experiment they would be doing. Kibum looked at the poor boy sitting at his desk looking down at his stuff and Kibum could tell Jonghyun was sad. Kibum slowly approached Jonghyun and pulled up a chair to his desk. "Hi Jonghyun" Kibum said softly with a warm smile. Jonghyun looked up at Kibum with his sad and tired eyes. "Kibum why do you keep trying to talk to me? I know what you're trying to do..." Jonghyun said a bit loudly but no one paid attention. "You might think Im like one of those other popular guys but you're wrong...please just let me be your partner alright?" Kibum said in a sort of pleading tone and Jonghyun sighed. "Well alright..its better then being put in a group with people who dont like me" Jonghyun said as he sighed which made Kibum sad. 

After class, Jonghyun went over to Kibum who was talking to his friends at his locker. "Um Kibum..?" Jonghyun asked shyly. Kibum turned around and smiled warmly. "Oh hi Jonghyun" Kibum said happily. "Um...would you like to sit with me at lunch?" Jonghyun asked timidly since he would always reject Kibum when Kibum would ask to sit with him. "Yeah I would like to sit with you Jonghyun, hey since we have our next class together, want to just walk there together?" Kibum asked smiling which made Jonghyun smile slightly. "I would like that" Jonghyun said with a small smile. "Kibum are you really going to go with this nobody that no one likes?" One of Kibum's friends asked while his other two friends laughed and Jonghyun just sighed as he began to walk away. "Screw you guys" Kibum said as he grabbed his backpack and went after Jonghyun. "Jonghyun wait Im sorry about them..." Kibum said as he caught up to Jonghyun. "Its not your fault Kibum...its no surprise that no one likes me so thats why Im still skeptical as to why you're treating me so good.." Jonghyun said. "Jonghyun, I like you a lot despite not knowing you much, you just seem like the type of quiet and reserved boy who isnt preppy like most of the people here and I would love a laid back kind of friend like you" Kibum said and Jonghyun smiled a little bit. "Wow...I would have never thought I would be hearing this from one of the popular guys" Jonghyun said smiling. "Well Im not like those other guys, now come on lets get to english" Kibum said with a warm smile and he put his arm around Jonghyun as they headed off to their english class.

Three weeks later Kibum noticed that Jonghyun was very happy and smiling a lot more. He was still bullied and ignored but was still happy because of Kibum. Kibum got made fun of by a lot of people and got talked about badly for being Jonghyun's friend but he didnt care. Kibum wanted to get to know Jonghyun more because he had found out that Jonghyun was gay so he thought maybe he could ask Jonghyun out when the time was right.

One day after school Kibum was at Jonghyun's house for the first time and they were in his room just talking. "Hey Kibum Ill be right back" Jonghyun said as he left his room to do something. Kibum looked around Jonghyun's room and saw a razor on his bedside table that had dried blood on it. He also saw an unopen pill bottle filled with pills in it. Kibum gasped as his eyes widened. Jonghyun came back into his room and he could tell something was wrong. "Whats wrong Kibum...?" Jonghyun asked nervously as he sat on his bed next to Kibum. Kibum looked at Jonghyun with tears in his eyes. "Why do you have a bloody razor and a bottle of pills...?" Kibum asked as he held back his tears and Jonghyun looked at Kibum in pure shock. "Jonghyun please tell me.." Kibum begged as his tears spilled and Jonghyun sighed. "I...I was going to kill myself... alright..? I was going to kill myself because Im tired of constantly being bullied and picked on..." Jonghyun said as his own tears began to spill and Kibum hugged Jonghyun tightly without saying anything. Jonghyun pulled away from Kibum and rolled his sleeve up revealing fresh cuts from the night before and the scars from the old cuts. "I cut myself Kibum...but it just wasnt enough to take the pain away..." Jonghyun said and he sniffled. Kibum held Jonghyun's arm as he very lightly touched the scars and cuts. "W-What made you decide not to...do it..?" Kibum asked shakily. "You, Kibum. I thought of you and...I just couldnt, not when I finally had a friend who cared about me the way you do" Jonghyun said which just made Kibum more emotional than he already was so he hugged Jonghyun tightly again. Jonghyun rested his head on Kibum's shoulder and sighed. Kibum held onto Jonghyun but pulled away from the hug to look at him. "Jonghyun I want you to promise me that you will never let a blade touch your skin again...just from cutting, you could accidentally kill yourself and I....I dont want to lose you" Kibum said as he touched Jonghyun's cheek lightly and looked into his eyes. "B-But how do I stop myself if I get the urge to cut...?" Jonghyun asked. "Use a rubber band to snap at your wrist with. It wont harm you and it will help with the urge to cut yourself" Kbum said softly as he softly brushed Jonghyun's cuts and scars with his thumb. "Alright Kibum, thank you so much...Im so happy to have you in my life now" Jonghyun said smiling. "And I will never go anywhere Jonghyun, I dont care if I get teased or whatever, you are the only one who matters to me" Kibum said lovingly. He wanted to confess his feelings but he felt like it was the wrong time so he decided not to.

                                                                                              THREE MONTHS LATER 

Kibum and Jonghyun were getting closer as the days went by. Kibum's crush only grew stronger for Jonghyun and he was in love. Jonghyun started to make friends at school since he was friends with Kibum and that made Kibum very happy. However Kibum's friends noticed that Kibum seemed very attached to Jonghyun and they even asked Kibum about it so Kibum admitted his crush. Kibum's friends told him that he should not go for Jonghyun since he wouldnt be right for Kibum and that Kibum could find better but Kibum didnt listen to them since he knew Jonghyun was the right one for him. 

One day on the last day of school, Kibum was cleaning out his locker after taking his final exam. Jonghyun went over to Kibum and stood their silently waiting for Kibum to notice. Kibum looked over and jumped a little. "Ugh! Jonghyun You scared me!" Kibum said has he giggled and Jonghyun smiled. "Good" Jonghyun said jokingly and Kibum hit him with something. "Meanie~" Kibum said cutely as he giggled some more. "You know you love me" Jonghyun said teasingly and Kibum turned a little bit red at that thought since yes, he did love Jonghyun. "Anyways I was wondering if you would like to go to a carnival with me tonight" Jonghyun said as he leaned against a locker. "I would love to" Kibum said smiling. "Awesome! Ill bring a blanket that we can lay on during the fireworks" Jonghyun said happily and Kibum turned more red at the thought of being close to Jonghyun on a blanket watching fireworks. "A-Alright Jonghyun" Kibum said with a small smile as he was blushing deeply. "Well I got to go finish cleaning out my locker, Ill see you later Kibum" Jonghyun said happily as he walked away. Kibum smiled happily as he continued to clean his locker out with Jonghyun on his mind. He didnt just like Jonghyun in a crush way, no,  he was in love. He was in love and was not afraid to admit it. He still didnt know when the right time was to tell Jonghyun his feelings though, but he knew he had to at one point.

Later that evening Kibum and Jonghyun were at the carnival together. They had went on every ride together except for the ferris wheel. After Kibum and Jonghyun got on the ferris wheel, they were at the top when the ride stoped. "Damn it I hate when they have to stop it when you're at the very top" Kibum said. "I do too, but I think its fun to look over the sides and see how small people look" Jonghyun said and Kibum laughed. "Dork" Kibum said as he playfully hit Jonghyun's arm. "Im just saying~" Jonghyun said as he pouted and rubbed his arm. Kibum was hypnotized by Jonghyun's eyes and he couldnt stop looking at him. Jonghyun was looking back at Kibum with a smile. "Um Jonghyun.." Kibum began to say and he got very nervous. "Yeah Kibum? Are you ok?" Jonghyun asked. "Y-Yeah Im ok..um I.." Kibum hesitated and couldnt say it. He just wanted to tell Jonghyun that he was in love with him, or at least liked him, or had feelings for him. Something, just anything to let Jonghyun know that he liked him. Jonghyun wrapped an arm around Kibum. "Dont worry Kibum, I know you're scared of heights but we're secure and Im right here" Jonghyun said as he rubbed Kibum's back and gave him a reassuring smile. Kibum smiled back at Jonghyun but felt guilty. He was definitely scared of heights and it made him feel better that Jonghyun was comforting him, but he just wanted to tell Jonghyun how he felt. But, he just couldnt. The ride began to move again and Kibum was mostly silent through the rest of the ride because he was upset with himself.

One hour later, Kibum and Jonghyun were sitting on a blanket together on the ground waiting for the fireworks to start. "Im so cold, I wish I brought a sweater" Kibum said annoyedly but laughed a little bit. "Well here Kibum" Jonghyun said smiling as he took his sweater off and wrapped it around Kibum. "I was getting hot anyways" Jonghyun said and Kibum smiled warmly. "Wow thanks Jonghyun..thats really sweet of you.." Kibum said as he began to feel upset. He so desperately wanted to tell Jonghyun how he felt but he was just so nervous and that stopped him from confessing to Jonghyun. The fireworks began so Kibum and Jonghyun watched them. During the fireworks, Kibum looked at Jonghyun as Jonghyun was looking up at the fireworks. He couldnt take it anymore. Kibum tapped Jonghyun on the shoulder and when Jonghyun looked at him, Kibum leaned in and kissed him with so much love and passion. Kibum put all of his love for Jonghyun in that kiss. Jonghyun's eyes went a little bit wide but he placed his hands on both sides of Kibum's face lightly. Jonghyun deepend the kiss and Kibum was surprised, but he didnt want it to end. He wanted that moment to last so he relaxed into their kiss. After a few moments, Kibum broke the kiss to breath and Jonghyun leaned his head against Kibum's forehead. Kibum smiled and so did Jonghyun. Jonghyun layed onto his back and pulled Kibum over to him. Kibum cuddled up against Jonghyun as they watched the rest of the fireworks and Kibum layed his head on Jonghyun's chest.

After the fireworks, Jonghyun and Kibum got up from the blanked and Jonghyun rolled the blanket up then held it in one hand while he took Kibum's hand in his other hand. Kibum and Jonghyun walked to Jonghyun's car, hand in hand, without saying anything to each other. "So..are we going to talk about what just happend?" Kibum asked as he blushed once he and Jonghyun were in Jonghyun's car. "We dont have to Kibum, Ive liked you for such a long time ever since you became my friend and saved me that one night. And I dont just like you Kibum, I love you.." Jonghyun confessed and Kibum was shocked since he never knew Jonghyun felt the same, let alone loved him back. "Jonghyun, I liked you even before we became friends which is why I tried to talk to you many times...and during these days and months, I fell in love. I dont just like you either Jonghyun, Im in love with you" Kibum finally confessed and it felt good to finally get that off his chest. Jonghyun smiled and leaned in to kiss Kibum. "Well from now on you're mine" Jonghyun said smiling and Kibum took Jonghyun's hand and intertwined their fingers together. "And you're mine Jonghyun" Kibum said seriously and sincerely. He layed his head on Jonghyun's shoulder as Jonghyun started the car and drove Kibum home. Kibum was finally happy with the one boy that he liked for such a long time. 

Once Jonghyun got to Kibum's house, Jonghyun kissed Kibum once more for the night. "Good night Kibum, Ill call you tomorrow" Jonghyun said with a sleepy smile. "Good night Jonghyun...I love you" Kibum said shyly despite knowing Jonghyun loved him back. "I love you too Kibum" Jonghyun said as he smiled warmly at Kibum. Kibum smiled as he got out of Jonghyun's car and went inside his house. He got into bed and just before Kibum was about to fall asleep, his phone buzzed and when Kibum checked it, it was a text from Jonghyun that said "and I always will <3". Kibum smiled and texted Jonghyun back then put his phone down onto his bedside table. He closed his eyes and fell asleep happily as he thought of Jonghyun and the whole night he had with his new boyfriend. Kibum was relieved and happy now.