shush, hush, chu

Fumitory (but actually I love you)

 

Luhan is having a headache and he narrows his eyes, clearing his blurry vision. The house is silent. Normally, he will hear the door knocking at this time in the morning, asking him to wake up. Instead, this time he is greeted by silence. Halmeoni has prepared breakfast and seemed to be gone for grocery shopping. It is evident since the w​​hite care from the car porch is missing and Luhan looks out from his windows and yawns unsightly. He stretched his arms and his fancy black shirt is pulled up, revealing his belly. He is currently situated in his room's balcony and zones out, eyes dazed.

"Se...hun." he mutters. It is a habit for him to say Sehun's name in the morning and then be crazy over how to face him for the rest of the day. This time, he is too tired and dazed to realise and mutters the name out of habit. 

"Luhan, yes?" 

Luhan blinks and chuckles to himself, "I am hallucinating."

He giggles like a child, laughter pure and he thinks how ridiculous it is to finally hear Sehun's voice ringing in the morning especially when Sehun is always just ignoring him in the morning. The rather emotionless tone changes into one of confusion and surprise. Luhan laughs again, maybe he should take time to hallucinate more. He starts to like the imaginary voice.

"Sehun!"

"...yes?"

Luhan smacks his cheeks with his two palms and fanboys. The image of Sehun talking to him makes his heart melts like ice-cream. He continues to giggle and turns to the left. Sehun's room is just next to him and they actually have a shared balcony but a metal barrier splits their balcony to differentiate territories.

Then his eyes widen, his palms fall from their original positions. Sehun is there, standing upright, brows knitting handsomely in confusion. He is holding onto his toothbrush and on the wooden table next to Sehun, a cup of water and toothpaste. It seems as though Sehun is just there to brush his teeth. 

Sehun tilts his head sideways and Luhan suddenly understands why girls go crazy over Boys over Flowers when the main boy leads tilt their head and blinks cutely to the female leads. His heart is going so fast that Luhan is just hyperventilating in a clear shocked state.

"Luhan." Sehun says his name again, this time replaced with a more confused tone and Luhan wants to jump off the second storey that the ice tower finally speaks with some emotions to him. 

"you call me?" Sehun proceeds to ask, this time he must have realised Luhan appears as csurprised as him and returns to his usual stoic expression.  Luhan nods and dumbly stumbles over his words, "Urm... eat breakfast. Breakfast is... important!"

Sehun blinks and a small smile appears at the corner of his lips but it vanishes in a split second. Luhan thinks he is dreaming and rubs his eyes to see Sehun's small smile he thinks he is imagining gone. Luhan nods firmly and pumps his fist, "Fighting today! Sehun too! Fighting!"

"THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING!" Luhan screams frustratingly as he rushes back to his room and shut the balcony's doors. He hides his face into the pillow and he flails his limbs wildly.

"Embarrassing." he mutters and gets up in front of the mirror.

He almost screams.

Sehun just saw him in a hair frazzled and messy state. He even has some dry sauces stain on his prized black shirt. Not to mention his face is red and he huffs and smells his breath. The smell of alcohol assaults him. He has bad breath. Oh my god, he didn't right? 

You did

"Ottoke! Sehun saw me like that!" Luhan collapses to the ground and buries his face into his hands.

Luhan's loud voice can be heard and Sehun while brushing his teeth, resists to urge to laugh because maybe the foam may just be swallowed. Eww.

Sehun wonders what makes Luhan come out to the balcony and talks to him.

Normally Luhan avoids there because he knows it is Sehun's favourite place for peace and rarely talks to Sehun at all. Luhan always want to come out to the balcony and starts talking to Sehun but all he does is to peek from the transparent door and hide from the pale yellow curtains with his DSLR and starts snapping photographs.

Luhan straightens himself and starts to arrange himself but realises a bunch of neatly tied flowers on his table.

Fumitory.

Luhan immediately recognises since he is always good in Biology. The pale flowers with dark purple tips seems to sway on his desk. There is white card without any decorations on the desk too.

"Is it mine?" Luhan wonders aloud. He reaches for it and the fumitory lies his arms tenderly rest on him.

"Pretty." Luhan smiles, "Pretty."

Sehun's face flashes in his mind as he pats the flowers. 

"You are a really rare plant, endangered." Luhan whispers as if the plant can listen. "the scientists do not really stud y you so little is known of you."

"You are like him really." Luhan lovingly looks at the flowers. "Mysterious and one of a kind. Please stop hurting on your own, stop endangering your happiness like that. I don't want you to extinct."

No , never, Sehun is my baby brother.

.

.

.

Sehun goes down to have breakfast then steps out of the house first and Luhan is curious. He spies and sees Jongin waving at Sehun outside of the gates with his flashy motorcycle. Sehun boards it without looking back. Chanyeol is riding his own bike too behind them. They seem to be hanging out on a Saturday afternoon. Luhan grumbles and stomps the ground. Stupid Kyungsoo and Xiumin, the two want to be muggers and study for exams. Luhan sits on the sofa and switches the television on.

He gets bored easily and returns to his room.

He looks at the fumitory and starts to wonder who they are from. The cars is stated anonymous and there is only a pencil sketch of Luhan smiling. It is a ridiculously beautiful Luhan sketch and Luhan never would have imagined that the guy is not a genius at drawing becuase the sketch is possibly one of the most realistic ones you can see out there.

Although he knows all the biological facts about the fumitory, he can't help but wonder the real meaning of fumitory. They say flower language is a beautiful ways of sending blessing.

Red roses mean I love you. Yellow roses mean celebration of friendship and happiness but they can be cruel sometimes, used to send to a lover to break up and stay as good friends. One rose can also mean love at first sight. Eleven roses can express how important one is in the lover's heart. 

How about fumitory? Is there some secret meaning... of admiration?

shush, who are you, my secret admirer?

www.goog-.com 

Luhan types in and searches the meaning of the sweet looking fumitory lying beautifully on his ash brown study desk. Maybe he have a secret admirer, he giggles and clasps his left hand over his mouth. He opens the page and reads through it, hugging his bambi doll against his chest. His star struck eyes dull and his grip on the doll loosen. His hopeful face morphs into a crestfallen one and he whispers the words, "Hatred?"

"Hatred." he repeats again and this time, he turns to the flowers and his lips thin. Suddenly the white flowers look ugly. Luhan cringes and a knock by the door is heard. Funnily, Sehun is back and Luhan can't help to wonder what Sehun did in such a short span of time. Sehun, his brother enters and with his emotionless tone speaks, "Time for your breakfast. You drank last night so your mum makes you hangover soup. She is back. "

Finished, Sehun turns away and shuts the door behind him softly but Luhan catches him eyeing the flowers. Luhan can hear her mother's voice already and he must have been too engrossed in his world to realise his mother came home.

Luhan's mind clicks. The flowers... are they by Sehun?

Sehun works part-time in a flower store and Sehun knows the flower language. 

They are by Sehun. Luhan inputs this as a fact and grits his teeth. Oh Sehun. Oh Satan, he huffs and throws the flowers into the garbage bin. He turns the doorknob and looks back at the bin with the fumitory. The white petals with a tinge of dark purple at the every tips lie there innocently and Luhan picks them up grudgingly, shoving them in his drawer.

At least he got me a birthday present.

.

.

.

hush, stop making me feel confused.

Sehun is more than confused. Today, Luhan has made him confused twice already. Luhan has been giggling while calling him at the balcony then look utterly ashamed, rushing into his room like he does not what he has been doing. Secondly, he is giving Sehun cold shoulders. Usually he will shyly look away or look awkward enough to slip away at top speed. His stepmother is reprimanding Luhan for leaving the television on when no one is watching it. Normally Luhan just nod and apologise. This time, he just eat his dinner and even his mother seems concerned about it. when his mother asks, Luhan merely shakes his head. and even for a second, Sehun swears he saw Luhan accusingly glance at him. 

Nah, Luhan is just a stepbrother. He is someone from the womb of the nicest woman he seen but at the same time, the son of the lady that broke his home apart. Ultimately the woman who paints his childhood a dark black. He remembers therefore no matter how cute Luhan is, how innocent he is or how irresistible Luhan seems, Sehun ignores him. But as time passes, he notices his tolerance is trained to the maximum and his concentration is slipping away to the shorter boy.

He forces himself to look away from Luhan and retreats to his room. 

Then his phone rings...

"Oh Sehun, bastard of a genius. You are right. She is here."

.

.

.

chu, do you love me?

At first, ignoring Luhan is really easy. The burning anger and the ultimate jealous triumph him.

Five years old...

Luhan approaches him with a toy, "Sehun, let's share this toy. This is my favourite."

...and he soaks the toy in the container of soy sauce. Luhan cried day and night, screaming. Sehun resembles a prisoner behind bars, punished to stand at a corner in the living room, pulling his ears. 

"Sehun, he doesn't like me!"

"Stop crying, darling." the new Mrs Oh pats her boy and hugs him protectively. Sehun notices how she is stuck between rage and guilt towards Sehun. All she does is to embrace her son tightly and Sehun also smirks at how far she is holding her son away from him.

Mr Oh is disgusted by the un-apologetic face Sehun is showing.

"Sehun, apologise."

There is no reply.

"Oh Sehun you better apologise or there will be physical disciplinary actions." 

Sehun stared at his father and then looked over to the woman. He  stared like an angry angel at the boy lying safely in the arms of his mother's. To his father's horror, he rolled his eyes and said straight in the Luhan's face, "Then his mother has to return things I should have been living with."

That night, Luhan stopped crying. His mother tried to shield him from seeing how Sehun is punished by his father but to no avail, Luhan was moving about to see Sehun. His father had resorted to much anger and he used a thin brown belt to vhip his son. The halmeoni that time, still a young maiden had been pleading her frustrated master to stop his actions. She could only feel stunned though. A curel and as painful it looked, Sehun had not spoken , whine, scream or shout at all. He gritted his teeth and glared at Luhan all the while he is whipped. 

Only Sehun's wrath filled the air.

Sehun's wrath was only broken when Luhan's meek voice resounded in the tense atmosphere.

"Can you stop hitting him?" Luhan courageously said, as if upset for Sehun and sound a bit angry too, "He is my baby brother. He hurts too, you know?"

The halmeoni has not forgotten the look of surprise on Sehun's face.

.

.

.

 

 

 

preview

Sehun catches Luhan in the kitchen. 

"Hyung?" Luhan stops in his tracks and blinks, trying his best to not get nervous. Sehun wets his lips and asks again, "Hyung?"

Luhan turns to meet Sehun's eyes. He freezes and blinks.

"Hyung, have you received my birthday present?"

 

.

.

.

 

 

The fumitory... is by who? Is it really Sehun or maybe someone ?

>< This story will be like super duper short though. This chapter is jumpyyy...

Thanks to all subscribers... and especially @faithlu!!

See ya!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

the terrace house 

the party 's venue