Part 1

Over You

It was killing me.

I stood up from the couch and sighed. I really wasn't in the mood to be here but I couldn't let Sulli down. It was her 21st birthday after all. But I couldn't help having this small feeling of jealousy and dislike towards her. I honestly didn't want to feel that way, but that's what happens when your friend starts dating your ex. Well she wasn't really my friend but more of an acquaintance.

Minho. I missed him. I didn't like admitting it to myself but I couldn't help it. I missed him. A lot. But I treated him wrong. And I feel extremely bad now. But I know he'll probably never take me back.

"Happy birthday to you..."

We were all gathered around Sulli, singing her happy birthday while her smiling face was illuminated by the candles. She looked so happy. Minho was standing by her side, his arm around her waist. The little twinge of jealousy inside me grew. I felt bad for being this way. Why couldn't I just move on? Why was that so hard?

"Happy birthday dear Sulli...

Happy birthday to you..."

We all eagerly watched as she blew all of the candles out in a single blow. Minho leaned in and kissed her on the cheek while she stood there with the biggest smile on her face.

Why can't that be me?

Ugh. I need to stop thinking like that. But I can't. I want him. I need him.

"Hey Krystal!"

I snapped out of my thoughts only to see Luna running up to me.

"Aren't you going to come and get some cake?" she asked me.

"Umm...y-yeah sure" I said.

I really didn't want to face Minho but I guess I had to. And plus, I was kinda hungry.

I went in to the kitchen only to see no one in there. No one except Minho.

It was pretty obvious he was trying to avoid me all night. To be honest, I didn't mind because my feelings were a mess right now. And the fact that he was in my very presence didn't help at all.

"Are you in here for the cake?"

Now he wanted to talk to me? I'm so confused. One minute he tries to ignore me but now here he is, actually interacting with me. I looked at him and nodded, then I slowly walked over to where the cake was sitting on the table.

"Can you at least talk to me?"

"I didn't know you wanted to talk to me."

"You were always such a smartass."

I turned around to face him. It was the first time I properly took a look at him this entire night. He stared at me, his eyes sparkling with a mix of curiosity and...sadness?

"I guess you didn't want to be here either...huh?"

My eyes widened at what he said. He didn't want to be here? But it's his girlfriend's birthday party...

"W-w-why?"

"Let's sit down and talk about it."

We sat down at the kitchen table. It was kinda awkward since I didn't have a clue what he wanted to talk about. But something told me that it wasn't exactly going to be the best thing to hear.

"I think I'm losing my feelings for Sulli."

"What?"

They've been dating for a year now. He always looked like the happiest man alive when he was around her. What happened?

"I've been feeling like this for a week now. I was going to tell Sulli but it's her birthday and I didn't want to make it miserable for her." 

"When were you planning to tell her?" I said. I was extremely curious. He sounded serious about this.

"Maybe tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Isn't that a little too soon?"

"Better then than never."

I was worried about how Sulli would react to this. I mean, he was just in there, kissing her, making her feel like he was there for her. But tomorrow that will all be over.

"So...umm...how have things been?" I asked. My stomach felt like it was bunching

"Good I guess..."

"Have you been avoiding me?" I decided to get straight to the point. I mean, I had to know right?

"Umm..."

"What is i-"

He gently pulled my face towards his until our noses were centimeters apart. He just stared at me. Like...like he missed me? All of a sudden, I feel his lips connect with mine.