story of us

XOXO FIC ADVENT CALENDAR 2014
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

day 15 | d.o/sehun | romance, angst | 2,818 words | pg
warnings: character death
just like books, photo albums tell stories as well.

Tears spill over when Sehun’s hands glide over the pictures, each one containing memories of happier times. His heart is hurting, but at the same time he can feel himself healing when his finger runs along the neat letters written underneath. it might have started here, but there will be no end. nothing can part us.

Nothing, Sehun thinks bitterly. But what about death?





Everyone agrees that Sehun and Kyungsoo’s story starts in college, when they are introduced to each other by Junmyeon. Sehun’s parents had asked Junmyeon to take care of the younger boy, who just moved to the dormitories on campus. They were far away from home, and Seoul didn’t seem safe for someone so naive and child-like as Sehun was. Too easy to be taken advantage of, everyone agreed, and so Junmyeon, a hyung Sehun had always played with ever since he was old enough to stand on his two feet and walk, had taken Sehun everywhere he went, even to meetings with friends. And so Sehun met Kyungsoo for the first time he can remember.





Their story starts a lot earlier though, and only now Sehun realizes, when he sees the picture. It’s only him on that photograph, but Kyungsoo is the one who took the picture, and that means they had met before. Or at least, Kyungsoo had seen him, even if Sehun doesn’t remember having spotted the boy back then.

It was love at first sight, Kyungsoo has told him. Love at first sight, the subtitle reads.

On that very first picture in the album, Sehun is dancing in the park, alone, to his own melody, to his own rhythm. The sun is shining down on him and he looks so peaceful, so happy.

Mesmerizing, Kyungsoo’s voice echoes in his head. Mesmerizing indeed. Back then, he was so much more than he was now. He was healthy, with a heart that was still pumping strongly in his chest. Now, it was broken, yet Sehun couldn’t stop it from beating completely, even if he wanted to. Because Kyungsoo wouldn’t like it.





The second picture is a group photo, slightly blurry with the movements. It was taken at the very first time Sehun has met Kyungsoo, the time they were introduced to each other for the first time. Kyungsoo had been gazing into Sehun’s eyes and the younger one had blushed, nervous and uncomfortable when someone so perfect was staring at him. But then Kyungsoo’s face lit up with a smile, a wide and warm one, lips forming a heart shape, and Sehun had been mesmerized, too, lips automatically curling up into a soft smile on their own. It was love at first sight for me, too, Sehun would tell everyone later, even when in that moment he had denied all attraction towards the shorter male. He was too shy to admit.





The next pictures were taken at different locations and with different people. It is always the same familiar faces, Jongin, Sehun’s best friend since kindergarten, Junmyeon and his circle of friends, consisting of Luhan, Yifan, Jongdae, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. His friends at college were mainly his seniors, but Sehun only has good memories of that time. Never did they act like he was a child. They always treated him just as any other of their friends, despite him being the baby. Of course, there were times when they did baby him a bit, pampered and spoiled him, but he relished that. Being taken care of and respected non regarding his age felt good.





Somewhere between picnics and festivals, gatherings for dinner and clubbing, one day trips and concerts, Kyungsoo and Sehun were falling in love with each other, so deep that on one of their group meetings they had to confess.

I like you, Kyungsoo had said, in front of all their friends. There was no alcohol involved, yet Kyungsoo had found the courage to say that out loud. Sehun had stared at him, mouth opened in shock, in surprise, and everyone else quietened. I know you like me, too. Let’s give it a try. How could Sehun refuse Kyungsoo back then, when warm, plump lips pressed against his? It was incredibly cheesy, corny, like the dramas Luhan and Junmyeon watched, the ones Sehun would make fun of.

When Kyungsoo pulled away, the applause woke Sehun from his daze. He had been blushing so hard at that time, but Kyungsoo’s fingers laced with his, grip tightening and so, so reassuring, and Sehun had nodded. So… this means…

We are boyfriends now, Kyungsoo had finished his sentence and then pressed a peck on Sehun’s lips.

There is a blurry shot of that first kiss, too, probably taken by someone’s phone. Sehun would have been angry at the breach of privacy before, but now, that he has this, a reminder, he doesn’t feel any rage. He is thankful instead.





Their first date is nothing too spectacular. They go shopping in Myeongdong and stuff themselves full with street food. They feed each other and although they don’t say stupid, cheesy things, they take a lot of pictures. Sehun uses his phone to make selcas when he feels like it, pulling his boyfriend closer so they can take pictures together. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, is carrying a fancy camera with him and most of the time, Sehun wonders if Kyungsoo is really on a date with him or if he is not just a pretty model for the other.

I want to remember everything we have done together, Kyungsoo says softly when Sehun has been staring at the camera for too long. I hope you don’t mind. And Sehun really doesn’t, when Kyungsoo sends him a lot of pictures later. It’s not only snapshots of Sehun alone, but the places they have been to, and, most importantly, there are pictures of Kyungsoo and him together there, too.





Their days were filled with classes, study sessions and occasional dates. Everything they did, Kyungsoo would document it with his camera. Because I’m a photographer, he would reason. And you are my muse.

As much as Sehun was the muse for the photography major, Kyungsoo was a muse to the dance major. Sehun spent hours choreographing to Kyungsoo’s favorite songs instead of his own favorites, he would dance to their songs. And Kyungsoo was always there to record the final product, the dances that would win prizes at contests, the dances that made everyone swarm around Sehun and swoon over him. Yet, there was only one person Sehun had eyes for, and that person would stand a fe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter