o1.

Once upon a time in London

He is been working there since the guy who bring him to London dump him. He was eighteen, with a whole life, full of dreams and projects, but then he just realized that he was nothing more than a kid who was foolish in the worst scenario.

 

It’s been four years since then and now. Nowadays he is a well-known bar-tender in that gay bar in the corners of china town in London. His nickname is Suho and with his blond hair and sweet smile he’s been the attraction that everybody loves. No one calls him for his real name, which was buried when he decided to give up on his dreams to coming back home.

 

His work wasn’t that difficult and once he gets used to the English everything was even better. Thomas, his boss, was sweet and full of charm. Everyone can see there is some kind of attraction for the two of them, but Suho was really clear when he accepted the work, and Thomas gave up trying to convince the little Korean boy to come to his bed.

 

“You don’t know what you are missing, babe” Thomas joked.

 

“If you run a place like this, I’m sure I’m missing a lot” Suho smiled, and that was enough. He was ready to start a new life.

 

__

 

It has been three years since his father died. It was difficult at first, his mother was devastated and so was he. As the big brother he had to keep strong, take care of them and be the head of the family now.

 

They weren't the typical rich family. In his family there was love, there was a real bound. Yes, he never had a chance for study dance, but he knew his father was sorry because of that and that was enough to for him. And now that he wasn't there, he was grateful, because his father did everything for them and he fought until the end with the cancer that followed him for three years.

 

He had to finish his studies really quick and become the head of the company that his grandfather created with so much effort and that his father keeps with the same strength.

 

So here he was, traveling to London for business, already missing his family, his brother and little sister. This was what he hated about all this. He really didn't like to be far away from his family. That’s why he always has someone else to go, but it wasn't possible for this meeting. He was required for at least two months, so he had to say goodbye, promising their siblings to come back with gifts.  

 

__

 

“Jongin-ah!” the boy smiled at the voice of one of his best friend.

 

“Yah, Moonkyu-ah!” the hug was thigh and the smiles were even brighter. “It’s been a long”

 

“You could come, but ‘I’m too busy with the family business’ blah” the other teased, holding to his friend by the shoulders.

 

“You know…”

 

“Yes, yes. I know… Just hurry up and let’s go to eat something! I’m dying. Just you decide to come here at lunch time, Jongin”

 

Since his father has passed away, Jongin enjoyed the little things, like a meal with his best friend, laughing at the small things and also sharing some good moments.

 

“When is the meeting?”

 

“Tomorrow morning” Jongin answered, drinking a little more of his coffee. “If everything goes well, I will have to stay for two months. Everyone thinks is a good chance”

 

“I hope everything goes well and you can stay! It’s been so long, friend” Moonkyu’s smile was the best, and Jongin was grateful to having him there.

 

__

 

“Suho, time to show up!”

 

“I’m coming!” he shouted back, hurrying up and finishing the last details. He came out with a smile in his face and his blond hair shining as ever.

 

Everyone there new it was him. The angel of that place.

 

__

 

He had a tough morning, running from one place to another to please the news stakeholders, but at least everything was done now. He gave a call to his mother first and then to the company. The business was done so now he has to stay for a little longer for polish all the details.

 

It was seven in the afternoon when he meets Moonkyu that day, his loose tie and his untidy hair making a funny difference with his luxury clothes.

 

"You should try to relax now that the business is done. There are still some things to do, but you definitely should do something to avoid that frown in your face" Moonkyu joked, while eating the last part of their dinner.

 

"I'm fine. I just need to sleep more than 6 hours" Jongin replied with a smile.

 

"What you need is a drink and some beautiful guys around you. You deserve it" the ert smiled was there and Jongin couldn’t avoid it but burst in laugh.

 

"I don't have time for that Moon, you know it” he finally said, shaking his head.  “And you know that even if I have the time, it can’t be” his smile has sadder this time. His mother knew about all this. She met to his first boyfriend, a childish kid with blond hair that finally becomes one of his closest friends.

 

"I can't believe you promised to your mom that you were marring a good 'girl' just to keep the family business" Moonkyu rolled his eyes, huffing at the same time. “Does Sehun know about this? He is going to laugh at you so hard, we all know that you don’t even like ”

 

"Don’t be like this Kyu. And no, Sehun doesn’t know and I hope you don’t tell him, until I’m prepared to do it” replied Jongin with a judging look. “I’m also your friend, you know”

 

“He is going to propose you to be your lover. Give you the good that your future wife is not going to be able to give you”

 

“Yah! Moonkyu!” Jongin laugh again, shaking again with his head.

 

“What? You know it is true” he shrugged giving to Jongin the I-don’t-give-a- look.

 

“It has to be done, you know it. Everyone knows that. It’s my duty and I don't want Taemin to feel attached as am I.”

 

“And what if Taemin finds a pretty girl to marry? Why can’t be his son the heir?” Moonkyu asked, pushing and pushing to his best friend.

 

“Well… don’t tell him this, but…” Jongin lowered his voice, leaning a little on the table “I think he is also gay. He has this crazy friend that acts as a diva and he is always sighing whenever he talks about one of his classmates” he said smiling mildly.

 

"Well you haven't gave him the chance” the other replied “You still don’t know if he is gay or not, and hey! We also have Tao, and that doesn’t mean all of us are gay”

 

“Name one of us who aren’t….” Jongin played.

 

“Well…” Moonkyu took a moment. “Kris! He is totally not gay” he gave Jongin the I-won smile.

 

“He is not that close to us, but I will grant you that one” the younger said, smiling.

 

“Anyway, going back to Taemin, I think he is even better that you in the management area and he is working really hard to reach you soon… you, in the other way, are just the pretty boy" Moonkyu joked.

 

“You are the worst friend ever”

 

“I know, but you still love me, Jongin-ah” the smile that Moonkyu gave him was his death sentence. There was nothing else to do but follow him.

 

They paid the bill and just ten minutes later they were walking in the Friday crowd streets of Piccadilly Circus in direction to this “super-amazing gay bar in China town” (Moonkyu’s word).

 

As soon as they reached the place, Jongin was pretty sure that this was wrong. Something was not ‘fine’ about this place, but he was screw, we knew it for sure.

 

“I should have never come with you” Jongin said, taking of his coat while Moonkyu walked them till the counter.

 

“Thank me later, bro” Moonkyu winked while reaches two sits for them. “You will love this place. Their drinks are the best and… just look at them…” Moonkyu did a quickly look, making Jongin look as well.

 

There were some boys using slim trouser and shirts, talking to the people in the counter as if they were all life friends, laughing, smiling, even flirting, and then two shirtless guys, one was the DJ and the other one seems to order the reservations. Jongin smiled.

 

“Yeah, you are right, here are some pretty boys” he laugh giving his best friend a pat in the back.

 

“And you haven’t seen the angel of this place; he is surely going to drive you crazy…” Jongin rolled his eyes, smiling when one of the bartenders came to their place to take their order.

 

__

 

His shift was almost starting and this time he wasn’t late. He gave a hug to then ones who were leaving and smile to the ones coming for the shift with him.

 

“Have you seen the guy who came with the Korean one? He is sooo hot” Suho couldn’t avoid but hear that little conversation between two of the guys who were coming to the dresser to comeback home. He knew Moonkyu, they were kind of friend, kind of, because Suho didn’t like to share their personal life, but the younger was always coming and Suho couldn’t simply refuse a home-language conversation.

 

“Is he Korean as well?” he asked while simulating to fix his uniform, trying to seem not so interested.

 

“Yes, he seems like, although you know sweetie, I don’t really know the differences” Suho stuck out his tongue to his friend “You know I’m kidding, angel. He is totally Korean, they are speaking and laughing so hard as you always do when you are drunk” the other keep joking, making Suho flush.

 

“Shut up, Michael” he said, sticking out his tongue again. “Have a good afternoon at home” the other smile, stirring a little Suho’s perfect-blond-hair. “YAH!”

 

“Thank you, Suho. Be good with the new guy” Michael smiled, leaving Suho and his hair alone.

 

“This boy…” cursed the smallest, while fixing his hair.

 

Once ready, Suho decided to go out and see who this new Korean guy was.

 

__

 

Moonkyu comes here almost every Thursday and Friday so he knew perfectly fine that Suho was in his duty this night. Joking to Jongin about the pretty boy, Moonkyu waited for the other Korean to appear, and it wasn’t until he saw him, that he gave to Jongin that ert smile again. He was pretty sure Jongin will like this blond guy.

 

“Hey Suho! Over here!” he shouted raising his hand to be notice for the blond guy, smiling while the boy comes closer. Suho smiled back and walked through the counter.

 

“Nights Moonkyu” Suho greeted. “Are you having fun tonight?” he asked trying to seem just casual and not curious as hell as he was.

 

“Now that you are here, I’m having the best night” Moonkyu joked, giving Suho a wink.

 

When he turned back, he couldn't avoid it but stare. Moonkyu wasn’t kidding when he said that the Korean boy was pretty, so Jongin had to remember himself how to breathe and swallow when he saw him. He was just… stunning, flawless and he was smiling so comfortable to Moonkyu that his fists closed automatically, trying to control the (really unbearable and unacceptable) jealous.

 

“Jongin-ah?” Moonkyu said, making Jongin snuff out after the second time.

 

“Yes? I’m sorry I was…”

 

“Yes, I know, I can see how you are drooling for my friend here” the older joked making Jongin flush and out a hand to his mouth (just in case, he said to himself). “Well, I can make the presentation again” Moonkyu teased “He is Jongin, my friend. He is here for business. Jongin this is Suho, the angel of this place” he repeated, making Jongin even more ashamed. Suho smiled shyly, offering his hand to the newcomer.

 

"Nice to meet you, Jongin” when Jongin took his hand he could swear the he felt the electricity going through that little touch, and he was sure the other could feel it as well. Suho’s face changed, taking away his hand as quick as he could.

 

“Nice to meet you too, Suho” the elder laughed nervously, taking away his look from Jongin. Moonkyu smiled mischievously watching the other two being awkward.

 

“Well… isn’t this a good starting?” Moonkyu could feel the deathly gaze that Jongin gave to him, but he just didn’t care “Suho is been working here forever, and well, Jongin is going to be here just for a short time. He is a really imp-”

 

“Shut up Moonkyu, Suho doesn’t want to hear about my boring life” the younger cover his friend’s mouth, giving him the don’t-dare gaze. Moonkyu just laugh at him, shrugging.

 

“It is fine, Moonkyu is a good friend” Suho said, smiling more comfortable again, and Jongin smiled as well. Suho’s smile was just… so shining that he couldn’t stop watching.

 

What the hell is wrong with you, Kim Jongin? He asked to himself.

 

__

 

Suho wasn’t sure why his heart was beating so fast since he saw Jongin. At the beginning he thought that was just because he was Korean and that means home, and then they shake their hands and everything went in the wrong direction. The way he smiled at him, the way he said his name, the way he did everything make him fluster, shy and clumsy.

 

That shift was a torture for him. He dropped the drinks, he almost felt (if it wasn’t for Jongin that was just there to caught him just in the perfect moment) and to decorate the night, he push without intention to one of the others guys and a drink felt over a costumer, a really drunk costumer that start to yell at him and saying not-so-pretty things to all of them, until Thomas came out and took him off, giving him clear that he wasn’t allow to come ever again to Ku Pub.

 

“I’m so sorry Thomas, all this is my fault” Suho said, going after his boss at the same time that he took off his short apron.

 

“Yes it is Suho, what the hell is wrong with you tonight!?” Thomas have never shouted at him before, but he knew he deserve it. Everything was wrong with him tonight, and he knew who to blame for.

 

“I’m so sorry. It will never happen again… Is just that…” the words stopped in his throat

 

What are you going to say Suho? Oh, this guy who came, he just keeps staring at me, making me inexplicably nervous? Don’t be stupid, is not the guy’s fault (Jongin, shut up) is yours.

 

“… I’m sorry, again” he lowered his head, playing with the apron in his hands.

 

“Ok. It’s fine. I shouldn’t have shouted you, but… please, focus, alright?” Thomas put a finger under his jaw making him raise his head. “Don’t make that face, everything is alright” the older joked, giving him a little peck in his nose.

 

“Sorry again” Suho said, smiling.

 

“Put that apron back and go to work. We still have a few hours”

 

__

 

Jongin watched every Suho’s movement. After their little conversation, he excused himself saying that he had to work. Jongin nodded, letting him go, but making an unwitting pout.

 

“You-are-so-into-him” Moonkyu , making Jongin flush again. “I knew this was going to happen” the older laugh.

 

“Shut up Moonkyu” Jongin said, trying to keep at least a little of his dignity. “I… he is just… I don’t know. He…” he couldn’t keep talking, looking at everything that Suho was doing: talking to people, making some drinks, smiling to others (others, not him).

 

“Yes, sure. All you said bro” Moonkyu smiled at him. Even if he knew Jongin was going to like Suho, he wasn’t sure if the older one would like his friend back, so this was all a good beginning, for everyone… or that was he think about it at first.

 

Two hours later, they were still there, talking some more, drinking some more. They joked together, and Jongin even started to relax, while they talked. He kept looking at Suho. Laughing a little when Suho dropped some drinks, and then, when Suho walked behind him to give some client their drinks and when he comeback for the same path, Jongin catches him right before the blond felt.

 

Moonkyu laugh at Suho, joking with the guy, telling him he wasn’t this clumsy before. Suho, lowered his head a little, ashamed and flushing until Jongin released him so he could run away behind the counter.

 

“I think he likes you too” Moonkyu teased, making Jongin split out the drink.  “Hey hey, easy” he put some napkins in Jongin’s hand, cleaning also himself. “He is really clumsy today. Really cute”

 

Everything went fine, until this stupid guy started to shout crap to his (the) guy. 

 

“This is not our business, Jongin” Moonkyu said, holding Jongin in his seat.

 

“But… look at him!” the anger was there and the drinking were making everything even worst. Watching the poor blond guy vowing, saying he was sorry, and trying to clean up his mess was killing him.

 

“I know, but this is not your business. You can’t do anything…”

 

“THIS ING DROPPED ALL MY DRINK, AND LOOK AT ME!” Jongin sat down, holding Moonkyu’s arm, trying to not go there and kick to that man, hearing him say all that stupid stuff he felt like crap, and he had to hold his friends stronger to stop himself.

 

“See… there is the owner of this place” Moonkyu said, trying to calm down Jongin. “I know you are always like this when you see this kind of things, but you were really angry” the older said, trying to light up the mood. “It’s been only one night Jongin, don’t fall too hard for him” Moonkyu laugh and Jongin smiled in return.

 

Maybe it was too late.

 

__

 

Before coming back to the bar, he stopped in the door and took a deep breathe. It was over; it couldn’t keep going this way. That person before wasn’t Suho, was… Junmyeon and he couldn’t (and didn’t want to) remember how was being Junmyeon again.

 

Not again. Not ever.

 

He took another deep breathe and stepped in. This time, when he looked at Jongin, they shyness was gone, the clumsy him was gone and he wouldn’t let him return.

 

 

 

When his eyes met Suho’s again… everything was different.