1/1

My Little Crush

Hey guys,
I decided to write a Myungyeol fic since I've some free time on hand.
Do leave some comments below! ^^
Thank you for reading!
-Gyuying

 


Myungsoo was trying to reach for a book in the top shelve with much difficulty when Sungyeol appeared and saw him. Sungyeol watched him in amusement as he tip toed and stretched as much as he could. But after a few failed attempts, the librarian walked over, leaning over the boy's shoulder and took the book for him with ease. Myungsoo's heart was racing when Sungyeol's chest pressed against his back.

 

"Here." Myungsoo felt the pressure on his back gone so he turned and faced the guy who helped him. Myungsoo blushed as the guy smiled at him and he shyly smiled back.

 

"You should ask one of the librarians to ask you next time." Sungyeol handed him the book before stuffing his hands into his pocket and walked away.

 

Myungsoo released the breath he didn't know he was holding and leaned on the shelves for support since he felt like his knees were about to give way. He watched the back of the retreating figure as he put a hand to his chest.

 

Myungsoo's definitely in love.

 

 

Thanks to Sungjong, his social-butterfly best friend, he managed to find out Sungyeol's name and that he's one of the librarian in the same grade as him. He would go to the library everyday after school and sit on the second table facing the counter where he would have a very nice view of his crush doing his work or just reading a book. Whenever Sungyeol looked up, Myungsoo would quickly cover his face with the book he pretended to be reading.

 

Sungyeol noticed but he didn't took any action until one day when Myungsoo's book was upside down. "At least read it the right way." Sungyeol turned the book over and walked away. Myungsoo finally realized that his crush talked to him after stoning for 10 minutes. Needless to say, he spent the entire day with a goofy grin on his face.

 

It wasn't until a week later when Myungsoo decided that there won't be any advancement in knowing his crush if this goes on so he came up with an idea. It was Monday when he entered the library and spotted his crush at the usual seat reading a book about unicorns. After admiring his crush for about 30 minutes, he finally decided to go with his plan. He took a deep breath, clenched his fist in determination and stomped over to Sungyeol. 

 

"How may I help you?" Sungyeol asked. Myungsoo froze when their eyes met.

 

'Why is he so perfect? Pretty big eyes with those lips. Wait, he's waiting! Stupid Myungsoo, quick! Go with the plan!' He cursed in his head.

 

"I.. Uh.. I.. I'm uh.. Actually looking for this photography book."

 

"But you're holding the book?" Sungyeol chuckled in amusement.

 

"Well.. Uh.. I'm taking this!" Myungsoo mumbled, taking one of Sungyeol's pen fron his pencil case before running out of the library. He stopped when he passed the school gym. Panting, he looked at the pen in his hand and grinned. 

 

It's Wednesday and Sungyeol was sitting at his seat, still reading that unicorn book. Myungsoo made a mental note to read that book when he got the chance to. Just like monday, he stomped over to Sungyeol and once again he froze when their eyes met.

 

"Yes?" 

 

'He's voice sounded rough, he must be having a sorethroat.' Myungsoo thought.

 

"Look! There's a dinosaur in that reading corner!" Myungsoo pointed Dongwoo's way before taking an eraser from the librarian's pencil case and ran away sheepishly. 

 

It was the next day when Myungsoo continued the admiration of his crush and he felt that he needed to take something more important than just a stationery since Sungyeol wasn't showing any kind of reaction. He walked over to Sungyeol, putting a bottle of honey drink he made this morning and took away Sungyeol's student pass on the table before running out of the library. He waited at the corner of the corridor near the library. He waited, but Sungyeol didnt come after him. Feeling dejected, he went back home.

 

Another week past and it was Monday again when Myungsoo decided to grab Sungyeol's blazer this time. He waited outside the library peeking in through the glass door at Sungyeol's reaction but the other just returned back to work as if nothing happened. He whined in frustration, went back home and lay on his bed with Sungyeol's blawer covering his face. Yes, he didn't bother to bathe. 

 

Myungsoo decided to give up on Sungyeol 3 days later when Sungjong told him about the new rumor going around. He was told that Sungyeol is already in a relationship and his decision was confirmed when he saw Sungyeol smiling happily as a tall, small-eyed guy patting his head. He skipped his usual trip to the library after school and headed home directly. He took out a black colour box from under his bed and removed the cover. The pen, the eraser, the student pass, the blazer and several polaroids of Sungyeol was sitting nicely in the box.

 

"It's time to give up on you." He told himself and went to his study table, pulling out a piece of paper.

 

I stole all these stuff from you, hoping that you would notice me and come after me. I wanted to be your friend, or even more, but you already have someone else. You looked happy, so it's time to let go of my feelings for you. -Kim Myungsoo 

 

He cried as he wrote. After he was done, he placed the piece of paper into the box before placing the cover back. 

 

Myungsoo walked up to Sungyeol the next day and placed the box in the table in front of him. 

 

"Goodbye."

 

Myungsoo forced a smile when sungyeol looked up with a confused face. He simply turned and walked out of the library that he decided to avoid from now on. He was walking past the school gym when someone stopped him by grabbing his wrist. Myungsoo turned around and saw Sungyeol panting heavily with the box in his right arm.

 

"Who?" Sungyeol panted. "Who told you that I have someone else?"

 

"T-there were rumors going around." Myungsoo lowered his head. "And I saw that small eyed guy patting your head. You looked happy with him.."

 

"That's my cousin, Kim Sunggyu!" Sungyeol chuckled and slowly cupped Myungsoo's cheeks, tilting his head up so that Sungyeol could look into Myungsoo's eyes.

 

"I.. I didn't know. I didn't know that you did all that because you liked me. I thought you were just playing a prank. But you didn't have to, you already got my attention before our first interaction. You were that weird guy that always borrowing books about mystical creastures. I.. I just didn't know how to approach you, so I tried to start reading books about them too. I want to know what you like before approaching you." Sungyeol brushed his thumb against Myungsoo's cheek and that was when he realized his crying. 

 

"Ya, stop crying. Everyone must have thought that I bullied you." Sungyeol pulled Myungsoo and embraced him. Myungsoo gladly snuggled closer to Sungyeol's chest.

 

"Can I have your blazer back? It smells nice." Myungsoo giggled. "Like you."

 

"Sure, but I can't say the same about you."

 

"Ya! Although I don't bathe everyday, I do smell nice!" Myungsoo pulled away, hitting Sungyeol lightly on the chest.

 

"I still love you, even though you're a smelly kitten, Myung." Sungyeol chuckled, pulling the yunger back into a hug.

 

"Does that mean that I can read that unicorn book with you?" Myungsoo asked as he tightened his arms around the taller's waist.

 

"I can read it to you, everyday, if you want-"

 

"Yes! Of course i do!" Myungsoo shouted. "Does that mean that you're my boyfriend now?"

 

"Pabo."