Scared Of...

Scared Of... - Ken

"That party was fun, wasn’t it?" Ken smiled over at you while his free hand explored his pocket for the key to your shared apartment. Finding the little silver key, he pulled it out as you let go of his hand so he could hold the handle steady.

"It was… i-it was a little dark though" You replied in hushed tones, letting your free hands play with each other as you reminded yourself at how dim the lights were at the Jellyfish Halloween Party while you waited for Ken to unlock the apartment. Twisting the unlocked silver handle to your apartment, you heard a breathy chuckle spill from his lips.

"Of course it was a little dark, it was a Halloween party after all" He giggled while pushing the door open for you to head inside first.

Lifting your eyes from the carpeted hallway to the wood floors that flowed throughout your apartment you felt your heart start to pound against your ribs as you peered into your darkened apartment. Taking a small step forward a little voice yelled inside your head of the lurching danger that the dark brought.

Ken placed one of his hands securely on the small of your back, sliding it around your side and your hip, he carefully moved around you to see your face. Pretending like you were having a hard time with taking off your shoes with your feet.

Moving past you, he flipped on a few lights from the entry before he knelt down before you and started untying your red converse that matched his. Once you slipped both of your feet from your shoes, you placed them against the wall while he started to take off his shoes and jacket.

Letting your eyes wonder and scan the darkened apartment, you couldn’t figure out why the dark was so scary for you. Slowly, you ped your jacket before you felt his hands help you peel the jacket from your shoulder.

"I mean, they could have t- a few l-lights" You replied trying to avoid eye contact with him. Hanging up your coat, he carefully linked his forefinger to your pinky.

"I’m just glad that we won, cutest couple" He beamed happily while his other finger gently tapped your nose covered in black paint since the two of you were Micky and Minnie Mouse.

"We only won because we were the only couple there" You pushed his shoulder playfully.

The lights flicked off at the command of his fingertip, fumbling your hand with his, you slid your hand into his and held it tightly as the moonlight bled through the large windows and onto the couch.

"Did Leo really scare you that bad?" Ken giggled as he could only reply your reaction of when Leo jumped out from behind you while he played his role of being a vampire perfectly.

Remaining quiet, you stayed closely beside him while the shadows from the furniture tried to reach out and grab you. Placing your feet in the lighter areas and out of the shadows, Ken looked over his shoulder at you as he brought you into the kitchen and slipped his hand from yours.

Feeling his hand leave yours, you started to feel a sinking feeling in your stomach. You trotted up behind him and wrapped your arms around him tightly as you closed your eyes silently wishing that he wouldn’t move.

"What are you doing jagi?" He questioned as he pulled out a water bottle from the fridge before twisting the cap off and sipping it slowly.

"I-I just wanted to give you a hug" You stuttered while not letting your grip falter or loosen.

"I see~" He smiled while placing his half emptied water bottle back in the fridge. "Why don’t you go change for bed, I will meet you there once I lock up the house."

Not feeling you move, he ran his fingertips over your arms, looking over his shoulder at you and your mouse ears that tilted on your head while the headband moved. Raising his arm, he carefully turned in your arms, his chocolate eyes tried to read your emotions. His hands gently rubbed your back slowly and soothingly.

"Is something wrong?" He questioned in the deafening silence that started to encase the two of you. Lifting your head off of his chest, you looked up into his affectionate eyes.

"N-No" You pushed yourself away from him, letting your arms gently slip from around him.

"You sure? You’ve been acting a little weird all night" Feeling his eyes move over you, you let your hands drop from him as you just nodded your head.

"I’ll meet you in the bedroom" You met his eyes for just a brief second before you turned away and walked to your shared room.

Quickly turning on the light, you let out the breath that you held in from being in the dark. Ken watched you move from his arms to the bedroom, tilting his head from one side to the other, he wondered what was going on.

Running through all of the things that you hated and disliked he was making sure that he didn’t make you uncomfortable through the night. Yet the answer came to him when he looked around the dark house that he had brought you into.

Roaming around the apartment, he locked all of the doors and windows before pushing open the closed door.

"Jagi~" He cooed once stepping inside, allowing his eyes to scan the room he found all of the lamps and lights on that could possibly be on.

Noticing the closet door closed, he assumed that you were changing. Shuffling his socked feet across the hardwood floor, he walked into the bathroom and started to wash off his black nose, his cute black dots on his cheeks for whiskers. Pulling the headband that held the mouse ears over his ears, he placed it on the counter.

Straining his ears he heard the closet door open, trotting out of the bathroom he saw you walking cautiously back to the bed.

"It’s the dark!" He called loudly, scaring you to death, you squealed and ran to the bed.

Tossing the covers in the air, you slipped under them before pulling them tightly over your balled body. Ken felt bad for scaring you but he walked over to you and chuckled softly. Sitting on the edge of the mattress, he placed his hand on the mass under the covers.

"You know it is dark under there too" He chuckled softly, teasing you

"Yah, I am more scared of you than the dark" You retorted, your words slightly muffled from the covers.

"Oh really?" Hissing, he pretended to be hurt by your comment, "I guess I am just too handsome for you then" He stood up and walked to the closet to change.

Gradually, you sat yourself upright and pulled the covers down from covering your face. The closet door opened to Ken as he turned off the closet light as he looked at you. Pulling the covers on you higher, he turned off the rest of the lights while leaving the lamps next to the bed on.

"Are you really scared of me or the dark?" He teased you, pulling down the covers on his side of the bed, letting the bed dip to his weight.

"The dark" You whispered while you looked down at your lap, letting your fingers play with each other once more.

"Then I will protect you" Ken replied seriously and pulled you towards him with his strong arms.

"Do you think that it is silly that I am scared of the dark?" You probed while your head gently rested on his shoulder, letting your hands pull the covers up under your chin.

"The dark is scary, but the cure for the dark is being with the person you love" He smiled and kissed the top of your head.

"Are you scared of anything?" You batted your eyes as he watched your eyes twinkle under the dim lights.

"I’m scared of loosing you" He brushed his fingers through your hair while tucking some hair behind your ear.

"Everyone says that though" You scoffed

"Everyone is scared of the dark too" He teased you a little more, leaning over he turned off the lamps while you gripped his shirt tighter between your fingers.

"C-C-Can we leave the lights on t-t-tonight?" You stuttered while your voice got softer and softer.

"Anything for you princess" He turned them back on as he got comfy with you.

Watching your eyes gently slide over your gem eyes, he spread his fingers along your back while feeling the weight of your body relax on him.

"I really am scared of loosing you" He whispered before he tucked your head under his chest and encircled his arms around you securely trying to keep the darkness away from you.