2909: You're My Happy Place

PROMPT 02: Fluff

 

by ThePerfNerd

 

His heart is racing against his chest, breathing slightly ragged from the nervousness. The whole stadium seemed to have grown quiet to Sehun, but in truth the fans had begun chanting the name of the nominee they wished would win this year's MAMA Song Of The Year. He wants them to win because they had worked so hard but at the same time he reminds himself that even if it wasn't their time, he would be happy for the winner.

 

It doesn't stop the nervousness to intensify though, and his fingers were beginning to tremble. At that point of time he feels a hand on his knee, running up and down his thigh in soothing motions that immediately calmed him down. He flashed a grateful smile at his boyfriend who sits next to him, the owner of the hand and his favourite person, Baekhyun. The older returned him a similar grin, quick and brief before his focus is back on the award presenters but his hand continued its ministration on Sehun's thigh. It kept Sehun calm and he was thankful.

 

He couldn't help feeling disappointed, however, when Taeyang from BigBang was announced to be the winner of the award and Baekhyun's hand left his thigh in order to stand up and clap for the winner. He did as well, pursing his lips so his pout would be less prominent and he forced a smile when Taeyang turned and they caught eyes. The sunbae deserved to win but Sehun just couldn't help the disappointment that washed over him. There was only one award left of the night and Sehun feels that if they don't win it, his mood will plummet, even though they had already won three awards that night. Call him greedy but this award seemed to be the one that would reward their extreme hard work for this rough year.

 

Album Of The Year award was next and as he already knew, they were nominated. His heart began beating wildly again but this time Baekhyun's hand didn't find his or even his thigh. He craved the soothing rubs but he gets that Baekhyun was just as nervous and he would hold his boyfriend's hand if there weren't cameras at every corner of the stadium. Now is not the time to add on any more scandals for their group. He wanted the year to end with a good note.

 

Perhaps his focus was too concentrated on calming his breathing that he hadn't realized the presenter was seconds away from announcing the winner. Everyone had stilled; Baekhyun's hand stopped fumbling, Kyungsoo actually stopped breathing. He's frozen in his seat until the moment they screamed "EXO" into the microphone and he shot up from his seat at the same time Baekhyun did. Yes yes yes. They won. They won. They won. Baekhyun's grin was priceless and he wants to kiss those lips but that would have to wait.

 

Sehun was buzzing with happiness even as they reached their hotel rooms, exhausted and ready for bed. They would have to get back to Seoul pretty soon and they probably only have the night for sleep but Sehun couldn't help it. He was too happy. It felt as though they had won everything and he especially felt as though he had won life because not only did he win this with his hyungs but he also won it with the love of his life. It felt too good to be true but he wouldn't want to wake up if this was a dream. He wants to laugh and cry at the same time.

 

He's a little tipsy from the wine, wide awake even after they've showered and changed into sleeping clothes. He threw an arm over Baekhyun when the older boy joined him in the bed that they get to share, snuggling his boyfriend close to his chest but Baekhyun didn't protest, only burying his face into the maknae's neck instead.Sehun was still smiling even as Baekhyun lets out the moan that would tell them he's finally falling asleep. And even after two hours of listening to Baekhyun's adorable snoring, Sehun was still wide awake and now slightly frustrated that he couldn't fall asleep. He kept tossing and turning but unable to move much as he didn't want to let Baekhyun go and didn't want to wake the older boy.

 

In the end, at almost three in the morning, Sehun decided that he couldn't stay in bed. Guilt washed over him when he whispered into Baekhyun's ear to wake him up, his need for company overpowering his heart's plea to let Baekhyun sleep. He almost gave up and left when Baekhyun didn't wake up even as Sehun shook his shoulder and he almost hopped off the bed when Baekhyun stirred awake, frowning up at Sehun with heavy eyelids. He flashed his boyfriend an apologetic grin, pecking Baekhyun's lips before taking his hand and pulling lightly.

 

"Wanna take a walk outside?" He said in a whisper as if Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Jongin could hear him from next door.

 

Baekhyun squinted, his free hand rubbing at his eyes. "Now? Sehun, it's late."

His pout comes naturally, although he's pretty sure it wasn't as adorable as Baekhyun's would be but he was hoping he would get the yes he wanted to hear from Baekhyun. "Please, hyung? I don't know when's the next time we'll be here again and actually get to sleep. Now's the perfect time to sneak out."

"Sehun, as soon as we get back home, there's no time for sleep. It's not easy to handle a sulking maknae, you know?" Baekhyun groaned but he was getting up in a sitting position.

 

Sehun faked a gasp, scowling at the older. "I do not sulk."

 

The older chuckled tiredly, "Of course you do. Especially when you don't get what you want and I have a feeling the only thing you'd want after tonight is sleep."

 

Rolling his eyes, Sehun hopped off the bed to grab a couple layers of sweaters, pulling some on and tossing the others for Baekhyun. It's cold out but he really wanted to go. "I beg to differ, but the only thing I'd want for the rest of my life is you, so let's go." He said and began pulling at Baekhyun's hand again.

 

His tendency to utter out sweet words with the wrong tone of voice never failed to make Baekhyun smile, cheeks turning a bright scarlet each time. Baekhyun sighed and playfully snatched his hand back, putting on the sweaters Sehun had tossed at him as he sighed in defeat before he too hopped off the bed, smiling as he takes Sehun's offered hand. Sehun's grinning sheepishly as he opened the door and pulled Baekhyun out of their hotel room, walking rather quietly for fear the manager would catch them or one of the other members would tease them.

 

They ended up walking hand in hand on the street of Hong Kong, still alive with people at three in the morning. He's awed because he had missed going out with Baekhyun just the two of them and Baekhyun's hand felt warm in his despite the cold. The older male leaned his head onto Sehun's shoulder and he took this opportunity to wrap his arm around Baekhyun's shoulders, holding his boyfriend close to him. There's guilt in his chest because he had taken probably the only time Baekhyun gets to sleep but his boyfriend didn't seem to mind, walking next to him and leaning half his weight onto Sehun's side. The moment was perfect and he had a feeling he would hate for it to end, which would have to happen eventually.

 

Spotting a café still open, Sehun pulled Baekhyun towards it and found them both comfortable seats outside where they could watch the cars. He got two cups of hot chocolate and a plate of Oreo Cheesecake for Baekhyun. The boy clapped excitedly upon the sight of the cake, taking a scoop of it and when he got a taste. "Oh Sehun, you're going to get me fat."

 

Sehun chuckled, leaning in when Baekhyun offered him a spoonful. "I like spoiling you."

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, taking another spoonful. "I like you spoiling me but if I get fat, you're gonna leave me, aren't you?" He squinted his gaze at Sehun accusingly.

 

"Your lack of trust in me hurts, you know?" It was Sehun's turn to roll his eyes, reaching out to wipe off the cream that had gotten onto the corner of Baekhyun's lips. The older grinned at him, scrunching up his nose that adorable way of his before he continued to eat the cake. "I'm not going to leave you if you get fat. I'm not going to leave you, period."

 

Baekhyun nodded, looking as though he wasn't willing to believe Sehun as he finished off the cake. "Is that a promise, Oh Sehun?"

 

Sehun scowled at his boyfriend, standing up from his seat and ignoring the fact that their drinks were still hot as he pulled Baekhyun by the wrist once again. Baekhyun made a sound of protest but followed anyway, whining about how he actually craved the hot chocolate. Sehun's got a place in mind that he remembered from his previous visit, somewhere Zitao had told him about. It wasn't actually necessary but the place is a beauty and it was the perfect moment to show Baekhyun.

 

He was surprised to find that he had remembered the route to his desired destination, reaching it within a fifteen-minute walk and grinning when he saw the look on Baekhyun's face. It was pure awe, a shine glinting in his eyes as he stared up at the star painted sky. Sehun was awed himself, giddy from the beauty of the view. The place wasn't anything special, not a garden or a meadow but a normal park, where there were people having their seemingly normal night run.

 

Baekhyun squealed happily, his turn to pull Sehun towards the nearest bench. They sat there in a few minutes of silence as Baekhyun rested his head onto Sehun's shoulder and he held Baekhyun close to his chest. It was Sehun who spoke first. "I wanted the stars to witness my promise."

 

"What promise?" Baekhyun asked when he pulled away to look at Sehun's face but his cheeks were already burning red.

 

Sehun smiled, a hand cupping the side of Baekhyun's face and leaning in to kiss Baekhyun's lips, to which Baekhyun gladly returned. "I promise to never leave you, ever. And now the stars have witnessed it."

 

Baekhyun's cheeks grew redder, lips forming a sheepish grin and he leaned further up to kiss Sehun again, catching Sehun's continious pecks on his lips. "And I promise I will never leave you. I love you, Sehun. I hope I make you as happy as you make me."

 

He used a thumb to caress Baekhyun's reddened cheek, kissing the boy's nose. "You're my happy place. You make me happy without even trying. I love you too, hyung."

 

"I want us to last for a long, long time." Baekhyun grinned.

 

"So do I," Sehun cupped Baekhyun's face with both his hands this time, kissing those lips again. And again. And again. "I love you sooooo much, the world can't even explain it."

 

Baekhyun's chuckle sounded almost like a giggle if not for the unattractive snort that escaped. They laughed at that and they continued to kiss and cuddle on the bench by the beautiful view and had to run back to the hotel when the sun broke out over the horizon.

 

Sehun sulked because he could fall asleep anytime soon, and Baekhyun's shoulder became a make-shift pillow for his maknae at the airport.

 

 

 

 

 

They came home to the news of a brand new scandal, a big catchy headline at the top news of AllKPop.com: "EXO'S SEHUN AND BAEKHYUN SPOTTED NOT ONLY COZY AT A CAFE IN HONGKONG BUT RATHER (AND IMPISSIBLY) "CLOSE" AT THE PARK", followed by several pictures of Sehun wiping cream off Baekhyun's lips, of them gazing at each other adoringly as they sat atthe bench and a perfect shot of them kissing at the park.

 

Both Sehun and Baekhyun looked up from Sehun's phone screen to only meet the gazes of their group members and a not-so-happy manager. Damn.