0502: Save the Date

PROMPT 02: Fluff

by infinexo carpesoo

 

Byun Baekhyun, 27, globally renowned fashion designer and Oh Sehun, 25, world famous supermodel have taken the fashion industry by storm for the past several years, often dominating runway shows and headlines alike.

 

Since debuting seven years ago, the pair have become synonymous with each other – if Oh Sehun is walking a catwalk, there’s no doubt he’s showcasing the Byun Baekhyun label and there’s no Byun Baekhyun show without Oh Sehun opening and closing the runway.

 

The duo has been causing a massive media mania this week and it has nothing to do with fashion – the couple have just announced their engagement! CarpeSoo has an exclusive interview with the fashion princes, asking the questions that everyone wants the answers to!

 

FIRSTLY, WE WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE THE BOTH OF YOU ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Oh Sehun: (laughs)

Byun Baekhyun: Thank you so much.

S: Yes, thank you.

 

YOU GUYS MAKE A BEAUTIFUL COUPLE.

S: (laughs again)

 

DO YOU HEAR THAT A LOT?

S: (laughs)

B: Hunnie, stop laughing.

S: (covers his face with his hands)

B: We do get that quite often, don't we?

S: (nods)

B: I think you need to say actual words, baby.

S: (whispers) Ok.

 

IS SEHUN-SSI USUALLY THIS SHY?

B: No, not really.

S: (playfully hits Baekhyun)

 

SEHUN-SSI, WE JUST HEARD BAEKHYUN-SSI CALL YOU, "BABY". DO YOU HAVE ANY ENDEARING NICKNAMES FOR HIM?

S: (laughs)

B: He does.

S: I don't think we can reveal our nicknames for each other.

B: (looks over at Sehun)

S: Because...

B: Oh right! (laughs)

S: (laughs with Baekhyun)

 

ARE THEY NOT APPROPRIATE FOR OUR READERS?

B: Let's just say, a lot of them are a play on our names and parts of the human anatomy.

S: (nods)

B: (takes a drink)

S: But sometimes I call him, "pup".

B: (chokes)

S: (pats Baekhyun on the back) Are you alright?

B: Yes, yes. I'm fine, thanks.

S: You should be more careful, hyung.

 

WE CAN REALLY FEEL THE LOVE BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU.

(Sehun and Baekhyun look at each other)

B: Oh my gosh, baby, you've gone bright red!

S: Don't point it out!

B: Oops. (laughs)

S: Don't laugh at me(!)

B: I'm sorry, but not really. You're just too cute!

S: You're cuter.

B: (pinches Sehun's cheeks)

S: We're supposed to be doing this interview.

B: But I just couldn't help it. (grins at Sehun)

 

WE DON'T MIND, IT MAKES A CHANGE FROM THE ICONIC POKER FACE WE USUALLY ASSOCIATE WITH OH SEHUN, WORLD FAMOUS SUPERMODEL.

B: Hunnie is actually very different when he's not walking the runway.

 

OH, REALLY? PLEASE TELL MORE.

B: What do you want to know? (grins)

S: Hyung, no! (covers Baekhyun's mouth with his hand)

B: (tries to speak)

S: Next question, please(!)

 

ALRIGHT. I THINK A LOT OF OUR READERS WOULD LOVE TO KNOW HOW THE TWO OF YOU MET.

B: Ah.

S: (bursts into an uncontrollable fit of laughter)

 

SOUNDS LIKE AN INTERESTING STORY.

S: (struggles for air) It is.

B: It really is. Who should tell the story?

S: You tell it, hyung. (laughs again)

B: Only if you promise not to laugh.

S: I can't promise you anything.

B: (pouts)

S: (grabs Baekehyun's hand and kisses the back of it)

B: Easy there, let's keep the PDA to a minimum, shall we?

S: (pulls Baekhyun closer to him)

B: Well, where do I even begin?

S: It all started when–

B: –I thought I was telling the story.

S: You were taking too long.

 

THE BOTH OF YOU CAN TELL US.

B: Well, it was about seven years ago.

S: Six years and eight months to be precise.

B: What he said. (takes Sehun's hands and interlocks it with his) I was about to debut my first collection at Seoul fashion week when I found out that one of my models wasn't going to be able to walk for me. I tried contacting different agencies but all the models were already booked to walk different shows. I was pretty close to just dropping a piece from my collection when I bumped in Hunnie.

S: Literally.

B: Yes, I was close to having a mental breakdown so I wasn't exactly paying attention to my surroundings.

 

SO WAS IT LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT?

S: Not... Exactly.

 

REALLY? WHAT HAPPENED?

S: Yeah, pup. What happened?

B: After I bumped into him–

S: –and started gawking at me.

B: I did not!

S: I had to pretty much lift your jaw from off the floor.

B: I was just... Appreciating your modelesque body.

S: You were checking out my arse... And drooling.

B: I was looking for a model... And found my soulmate instead. (laughs)

S: (shakes head) Hyung, you're so cheesy. (laughs)

B: Anyways, so I asked him if he was a model.

S: And I thought he was using a pick-up line so I just said no and left. About half a minute later, I hear a high pitched shriek–

B: –I did not shriek!

S: Ssssh, hyung. I’m telling the story and yes you did. So when I turned around, Baekkie literally shoved his phone in my face, showing me the clothes he wanted me to model. I politely refused and said that I wasn’t interested but he followed me for like half an hour; he’s a persistent little bugger.

B: It was like for five minutes!

S: I kept circling around the block because I didn’t want you following me home.

 

SO HOW DID BAEKHYUN-SSI GET YOU TO MODEL FOR HIM?

B: When I finally managed to get him to stop running away from me, I showed him the different sites that I was featured on. Somehow I was able to persuade him that I was the real deal and not some conman and asked to meet him the following day.

S: And for whatever insane reason, I agreed and actually showed up.

B: No regrets, right?

S: Best decision I’ve made.

B: (coos at Sehun)

 

SO DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE TWO OF YOU WERE DESTINED TO MEET?

B: I don’t know if I believe in fate, but there were a lot of different factors, you know? Call it destiny, fate, or even luck... I don’t know.

 

SO WHAT WAS THAT LIKE FOR YOU, SEHUN-SSI? HAVING ABSOLUTE ZERO EXPERIENCE AND BEING GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO OPEN SUCH A PRESTIGIOUS EVENT.

S: Being thrown into the industry, fresh from high school with no prior experience, it was a completely foreign world to me. I had never even thought about becoming a model, let alone walk at Seoul fashion week as my debut.

I didn’t know what I was doing; I just kept thinking “Don’t trip. Don’t trip. Don’t trip.” I can’t actually recall anything that happened.

 

WHAT ABOUT YOU, BAEKHYUN-SSI, WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER ABOUT THE NIGHT?

B: It was just a blur. I recall seeing empty chairs, I remember that much. I don’t think there were even fifty people who came to see my collection. I thought this is it; this will be my first and last time at Seoul fashion week. But then I woke up the next morning, and somehow my show was what everyone was talking about. I was utterly gobsmacked.

 

BOTH OF YOUR NAMES WERE THE TOP SEARCHED WORDS ON SEARCH ENGINE SITES, WAS IT NOT?

B: Yeah, that was pretty insane.

S: I thought it had to be some kind of dream or something.

B: It was great, but at the same time, a part of me... I don't really know how to explain it. I wanted to be known for the clothes that I designed, not as the rookie designer who had an inexperienced model open the show for him, you know?
S: Yeah, Baekkie was heavily criticised and they said that that was the only reason why he attracted attention, as if he didn’t deserve any of the praise.

B: I felt like I had to constantly prove myself, that I wasn’t just a gimmick. But it’s always been about the clothes for me.

 

WELL, THERE'S NO DENYING THE NAME YOU’VE BOTH MADE FOR YOURSELVES IN THE INDUSTRY.

B: I hope so, becoming a fashion designer has been my dream for as long as I can remember. I want to be known for designing good clothes, that’s what I want to be famous for.

S: Yeah, it seems like some people are more interested in our relationship rather than Baekkie’s clothes or my modelling skills.

 

THERE WERE SOME SPECULATIONS THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WAS JUST FOR SHOW, FOR THE PUBLICITY AND FAME. HOW DID THE TWO OF YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT?

S: I didn't pay any attention to it. I think Baekkie was more affected by it than I was.

B: I just felt insulted, to be honest. It was just ridiculous that they could even think that let alone publish articles about it. I don’t know how Hunnie managed to not let it get to him; he received the worst comments.

 

SEHUN-SSI, DID YOU RECEIVE ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS FROM OTHER MODELS?

S: Of course. I had to work twice as hard to play catch up, and even then, sometimes I didn’t feel good enough because I never had any training. But it was all worth it though; there’s not been a moment when I’ve regretted accepting Baekkie’s offer to walk for him. I think the hardest thing was to see other guys throw themselves at him, thinking that they could exchange ual favours for runway shows because they think that’s what I did – which I most definitely did not.

 

NOW THAT THE RECORD HAS BEEN SET STRAIGHT, WE CAN GET ONTO THE GOOD STUFF.

B: (raises eyebrow)

S: Good stuff?

 

WE MEAN THE MORE PERSONAL QUESTIONS.

B: How personal are we getting? (laughs)

 

A LOT OF OUR READERS SENT IN QUESTIONS, AND WE'VE PICKED A HANDFUL OF THE MOST POPULAR ONES.

S: Why do I feel so nervous? I’m like sweating, literally.

 

DON'T BE, WE FILTERED THROUGH THE INAPPROPRIATE ONES.

B: Phew. (laughs)

 

WE WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO YOU.

B: I think we'll be the judge of that after we've heard all the questions. (laughs)

 

HONESTLY, THERE’S NO NEED TO BE SCARED. SO, THE FIRST QUESTION: WHEN DID YOU KNOW THAT HE WAS THE ONE?

S: That’s a hard one.

B: Is it? I know the exact moment I knew you were the one.

S: You do?

B: Yeah, do you remember the time I you knitted me that scarf?

S: (mumbles something under his breath)

B: Yeah, Hunnie knitted me a scarf that looked like it’d been dragged through hell and back.

S: But he still wore it anyway. (beams with pride)

B: I did, I think I got featured on some worst dressed lists because of it (laughs) But the fact that you tried so hard, that was when I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you.

S: Actually, I think... I think it was around that time that I knew you were the one, too.

B: Really?

S: I remember how upset you were when we read that article about the scarf resembling roadkill and how you were almost on the verge of tears. I thought it was because they were insulting your fashion sense but you told me it was because they were dissing one of your most treasured possessions, the scarf. The fact that it did look like you had some sort of dead diseased animal wrapped around your neck, and yet you loved it so much – that’s the moment I fell in love with you and I’ve loved you every second since.

 

I THINK WE’RE ALL INTERNALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW. SO WHO CONFESSED FIRST, THEN?

S: I did.

B: He did. (points at Sehun)

 

AND HOW DID SEHUN-SSI DO IT?

S: (laughs)

B: Hunnie should tell the story.

S: Well, like I said before, our relationship in the beginning was strictly professional and platonic.

B: But it was no secret that I found him attractive.

S: I thought he was hot, too. But I didn’t want to be THAT model, you know? Everyone was already questioning the true nature of our relationship; I didn’t want to cause a commotion.

B: But I guess we just couldn’t deny our mutual ual attraction to each other. I mean, we spent a lot of time together and I guess it was only natural for me to fall for him. Just look at him, he’s just stunningly gorgeous. And he’s even more beautiful on the inside.

S: (fans his face with his hands) Hyung, stop. I’m blushing so hard right now.

B: I’m like the luckiest guy in the world.

S: Hyung, please. You’re the reason why I’m where I am today, if it weren’t for you, I would probably be working a minimum wage job with no direction in life. You’re crazy talented, smart and you can always make me laugh. I’m always happy whenever I’m with you and–

B: –We’ve totally gone off topic. (laughs)

S: Sorry, I get like that whenever I think about how amazing Baekkie is. But to answer the question, we were having a model fitting and I think Baekkie was stressed about getting the garments completed on time.

B: I had to take them in a good few inches because I had severely overestimated Hunnie’s measurements. I made a joke about how maybe we should go out for dinner and fatten him up so he could fit into the clothes and I wouldn’t have to go through all the trouble of alterations.

S: Of course, I jumped at the chance to spend time with him outside of work.

B: Even though I was just kidding.

S: And I guess I wasn’t able to hide my disappointment.

B: Yeah, he was visibly upset so I asked him what was wrong.

S: I really didn’t have any words.

B: So he kissed me.

S: I kissed him.

 

(SQUEALS) REALLY?

B + S: Yup. (both laugh)

S: And THEN I told him that I’d been harbouring romantic feelings for him.

B: To which I told him that I reciprocated such feelings.

S: Then we kissed again.

B: And the rest is history.

 

THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE CUTEST STORY WE’VE HEARD, EVER. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THIS WAS PROBABLY THE MOST ASKED QUESTION: WHO PROPOSED TO WHOM? HOW DID THE PROPOSAL HAPPEN?

B: (laughs) I was waiting for this question. But yeah, I was the one who proposed to Hunnie.

S: Yup. He even got down on one knee and everything.

B: What can I say? I’m a true romantic.

S: We were celebrating our fifth anniversary together.

B: I had booked out an entire restaurant so we could have the whole place to ourselves.

S: He had this speech, which I could barely understand due to him bawling his eyes out.

B: The feels were too overwhelming.

S: But I definitely heard the actual proposal.

B: He almost knocked me out cold when he went to hug me.

S: I think I deafened the wait staff.

B: I think you deafened ME. (laughs) After he was done screaming “Yes! Yes! A vajillion times, yes!” he started crying.

S: We were a right mess; it wasn’t a pretty sight.

B: Don’t be silly, Hunnie. You can’t ever be not pretty.

S: Right back ‘atcha.

(they both gaze at each lovingly, so much so we feel guilty for interrupting them with the next question)

 

WE WISH WE COULD’VE BEEN THERE TO WITNESS IT FOR OURSELVES; I’M SURE ALL OUR READERS FEEL THE SAME WAY TOO. YOU MUST BE EXCITED WITH THE WEDDING PLANS! HERE AT CARPESOO, WE WANTED TO ASK BAEKHYUN-SSI IF HE’LL BE DESIGNING THE WEDDING OUTFITS.

B: (laughs) Of course I am! But Hunnie will look better than I will; he's the model after all.

S: Don't be silly, hyung. You'll look perfect, how can you not?

B: He’s a sweet talker, isn’t he?

S: It’s the truth.

(Baekhyun kisses Sehun on the cheek)

 

WE CAN’T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU’LL DESIGN. SPEAKING OF, WHAT'S IN STORE FOR SEBAEK? WHAT CAN WE EXPECT IN THE FUTURE?

B: We’ve got a super secret project planned which we can’t reveal, unfortunately.

S: But don’t worry, you won’t have to wait too long.

B: So watch this space! (laughs)

 

YOU TWO ARE SUCH TEASES. FINAL QUESTION: IF YOU HAD TO DESCRIBE EACH OTHER IN THREE WORDS, WHAT WOULD THEY BE?

S: Erm... (thinks)

B: Love him, always.

S: (blushes)

B: (laughs)

S: Mine. Mine. Mine. (laughs)

 

WELL, THAT’S IT; NO MORE QUESTIONS. IT HAS BEEN AN ABSOLUTE DELIGHT AND HONOUR TO INTERVIEW SUCH FASHION ROYALTY.

B: Oh, please. It was our pleasure.

S: Thanks for having us.

 

FROM ALL OF US AT CARPESOO, WE WISH YOU A WONDERFUL JOURNEY IN YOUR NEW LIFE TOGETHER; WE CAN’T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THE TWO OF YOU WILL GET UP TO. (Editor’s note: best of luck in planning the wedding, guys! – DM)

 

 

 


a/n: okies.. so i realise that this kind of interview would never happen or get published irl but hey, its just a fic, right? writing this gave me all kinds of feels that i like cant even.. sebaek are just too adorbs.. eep.

ive also edited this into a “magazine spread” which you can check out below (click on image to enlarge).

thank you so much for reading and i hope you enjoyed =))