- 01

Physics (And My Attraction To You)

He doesn't understand a single word. Every single equation on the board is a blur and he can feel a headache looming. Jongin takes a glance to his left to see that Sehun is, yet again, asleep. So much for borrowing those physics notes. Jongin just sighs again and tries to comprehend what the teacher is ranting on about, but without realizing he finds himself spacing out again. Just one more hour, and then I'm free. Another hour. He can do it. Maybe.

---

"So that lecture was pretty intense," Sehun says while yawning. "Shut up you dweeb, you weren't even conscious for it," Jongin mutters as they make their way to the cafeteria. The line for food is long, and Jongin considers walking to the nearest wall and slamming his face into it because at the moment he is not in the mood for this. Instead, Jongin, in all his ballerina like grace, runs smack dab into another person, sending both of them tumbling down onto the floor. 

"Ow...god watch where you're go-" Oh. Luck seems to be on his side today, as Jongin just happened to run into a really, really cute guy, with thick pink lips and eyes blown wide from the shock of being sent to the ground. Well, today couldn't get any better now could it? He's about to apologize before the shorter boy beats him to it, spluttering out "sorry"s left and right. Jongin, being the gentleman he is, doesn't say anything and just stares at his lips as they move, because damn those lips. "Oh my god please tell me you're okay," the boy pleads, and Jongin can't help but be mesmerized by his silky voice. At this point, his common sense seems to return to him, and Jongin is able to get out an apology without sounding too stupid. Attempting to make a better impression of himself, he offers his hand out to help the small boy up, who gladly accepts with a dazzling smile on his face. But it seems that Jongin underestimated how light the boy was, and with one tug they're on the ground again. His head smacks painfully onto the hard floor (and his headache just got worse), but when he opens his eyes, pain is the last thing on his mind because oh he's even cuter up close. 

Jongin could see a light tint of pink dusting the smaller boy's face, and he swears he felt time stop. Unfortunately for them, they were still completely out in public, both of them sprawled on top of each other in quite compromising positions. Jongin hears a distant "Get some Jongin!" (he thinks he registers Sehun's voice from the crowd and swears to destroy him later) before scrambling to get both of them off the disgusting cafeteria floor and running away to grab lunch. He hopes he never sees said cute boy again because he has no more pride.

---

As fate will have it, they do meet again, late at night when Jongin is nearly passed out on his textbook in the library. He's staring at the equations on the page, willing the paper to spontaneously set on fire so he can have an excuse not to take that physics test next week. He briefly hears the floor screech, and he's about to snap at whoever pulled out the chair across from him, but manages to stop mid sentence as he makes eye contact with those beautiful eyes again. "Mind if I sit here?" the stranger asks, and it takes Jongin about ten seconds to realize that the question is directed towards him, nodding vigorously in response.  A smile graces his face and Jongin thinks he can see light shining on him from the heavens (he chooses to ignore the fact that there's a light placed directly above the boy's head). As he sits down, Jongin tries to focus on his physics homework again, within minutes forgetting about the handsome stranger sitting across from him in lieu of his physics notes. Words on the pages are starting to get blurry, and Jongin feels the need to slam his face onto the desk. And so he does.

"Um...do you need some help?"

Jongin snaps up his head, wincing as his neck cracks. "I'm sorry?" Jongin asks, not realizing that he must have sounded offended, because the boy starts spluttering out apologies, much like he did the day before. "I just- I don't know, you seemed like you were struggling a bit and I saw physics on your paper, not that I was creeping on you or anything! I took physics last year and I was pretty good at it, I'm not trying to brag anything, and oh god I'm not calling you stupid," the boy says at the speed a thousand words a second. Jongin decides to save the poor boy his breath, quickly shushing him by placing his finger on his lips, interally screaming because his lips ARE as soft as they look. Jongin quickly pulls away, blushing when he sees the boy's face tinted with pink. "Um, help would be nice?" Jongin says as he manages to find his voice again, trying to smile at the boy. He visibly relaxes at this, stretching out his arm in introduction. "Kyungsoo," he says with that heart shaped smile on his face, Jongin barely managing to respond with his own name, too distracted by his perfection. His grip is strong and firm, contradictory to his small and warm hand, and Jongin can't help but fangirl at how well his hand fits in his own.

"So what are we learning?" Kyungsoo asks, scooting closer to the book and peeking at the page, eyes wide as he takes in the information. "Ah, I remember this, hold up," he says before pulling out paper, along with highlighters and pens of every color, pushing them all towards Jongin. He's cute AND organized Jongin thinks to himself, smiling as he tries to pay attention to the other boy, quickly falling for his wide eyes and cute smile.

Study sessions (or dates as Jongin likes to tell himself) become a daily thing, Jongin now choosing to spend time at the library listening to Kyungsoo's relaxing voice instead of spend it passed out on the floor of his dorm, waking up to Sehun dumping ice down his pants. Somewhere along the way, "Kyungsoo" became "hyung", and Jongin remembers the first time he had said that, along with the slight shade of pink that had adorned Kyungsoo's face. After that, Jongin can't help but to fall deeper for Kyungsoo, noticing that he feels lighter and happier lately, even starting to understand bits and pieces of his physics lectures.

On one particular night, Jongin is crouched over his notes, textbooks and paper displayed on the entire desk. He's so immersed in his notes that he doesn't notice Kyungsoo sneak up on him from behind, jerking awake when he feels small arms wrap around his torso. "Sorry, did I scare you?" Kyungsoo asks as he rests his head on Jongin's shoulder. "Mmm," is all Jongin manages to respond, pressing back against Kyungsoo's warmth and closing his eyes in exhaustion because he's tired and he needs hugs damn it. A few minutes pass before Jongin feels Kyungsoo lightly tug on Jongin's arm, secretly pleased that they're still in each other's arms. "Hey, let's study for a bit and then get you back to your dorm okay? You need plenty of sleep before your test tomorrow," Kyungsoo whispers in his ear, and Jongin nearly falls to his knees and cries because Kyungsoo is just too damn perfect. He hums in agreement, and Kyungsoo starts reciting words from his textbook, Jongin occasionally nodding his head to let Kyungsoo know that he's still conscious and paying attention. After about half an hour, Kyungsoo suggests they pack up and head home, and Jongin is almost tempted to tell him no because they're still wrapped up in each other's arms, falling so naturally into each other. Maybe it's because he's tired and half asleep, but Jongin decides that now is a good time to ask Kyungsoo out, because he doesn't know what other time he would be mentally (un)stable enough to grow the balls to do it.

"Hey hyung," he starts, Kyungsoo pausing briefly from collecting his textbooks to make eye contact. "Would you like to go grab some coffee with me sometime? You know, like, on a date," he asks, his voice cracking a bit at the end from his anticipation. There's a deafening silence, and Jongin has never felt more nervous, not even for his deathly physics tests. And almost as quickly as the silence came, it's gone, and Kyungsoo face is broken into a smile. Jongin is about to scream in happiness as Kyungsoo says "I would love to," but is stopped when he hears the small boy say "if...", and just like that it's gone. "Jongin listen to me, stop moping for a second," Kyungsoo says, gently placing Jongin's backpack on the table and walking over to run his hands through Jongin's brown hair. "I'll go on a date with you, if you pass your physics test tomorrow." he says with a glint in his eyes. Jongin feels like he's going to faint, but quickly nods in agreement, shouting a quick "Bye hyung!" as he grabs his bag and sprints out of the library to run to his dorm and cram for a few more hours before he sleeps.

Jongin slams the door to their dorm room closed, immediately dumping out all of his books and notes on the floor, earning a glare from Sehun and a bag of chips being thrown at him. Jongin thinks he hears Sehun mutter something about skewering his dead body, but chooses to ignore him and focus on his last minute studying. "Newton's Laws of Motion," Jongin starts, briefly remembering Kyungsoo teaching him this before. "Newton's third law," he says aloud, earning another bag of chips being thrown at his head by Sehun. He chooses to ignore his idiot of a roommate, purposely reading even louder. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." He thinks about how Kyungsoo is so different from him, smaller and softer, all heart smiles and pale skin while Jongin is tall and tan, a smirk often gracing his face instead of a cheerful grin. He giggles to himself, making sure that he remembers this part of his notes in particular for tomorrow's test. A couple hours pass before Jongin decides to call it a night, crawling into his bed at two in the morning and dreaming of a coffee date with Kyungsoo.

---

He's late, he's late and he's going to kill Oh Sehun and bury him alive, because twenty minutes have passed since he needed to be at his exam and he's only got a pair of pants on. His roommate had merely shrugged when Jongin jolted awake, scrambling out of his sheets and screaming because Sehun had turned off his alarm. He makes it to his classroom in ten minutes, and nearly hugs his professor for even letting him take the exam. He falls into his seat, out of breath and hair out of place, and with one look at his test, he can tell today is going to be hell.

---

A 64. Not even close. All hope of Kyungsoo going on a date with him flies out of the window, and Jongin can feel himself shaking as he texts Kyungsoo to ask where he is, trudging as he makes his way to the tree Kyungsoo often takes naps at. Before he knows it, he can spot Kyungsoo in the distance, waving his arms, and even from this far away, he can see the bright smile on his face. His heart sinks when Kyungsoo comes running up to him, immediately wrapping his arms around his neck despite him being so much taller. When Jongin doesn't hug him back, Kyungsoo pulls back, a confused expression flashing across his face. He gently holds Jongin's face in his small hands, his cheek, and Jongin can feel his heart swelling with affection. "How did your test go?" he asks, and Jongin can tell he's being cautious with his words. "I got a 98," he croaks, and Kyungsoo immediately smiles, saying "Good job!" without hesitation, barely catching Jongin's "...out of 153 points." He can see the smaller boy's face freeze, and Jongin briefly contemplates on running away to his dorm so he can bury himself under his bed.

"Jongin look at me."

Jongin can't take bear to look at those beautiful eyes and hear his rejection, can't afford to let someone like Kyungsoo get away. So he makes the dumbest and best decision in the spur of the moment, quickly making a grab for Kyungsoo's round face, smashing their lips together. He does it a bit too quickly and their teeth clank together, but he moves his lips insistently against Kyungsoo's, trying to convey the affection, the need and the pure love he has for him. Before Kyungsoo can pull away and possibly run away, Jongin grabs onto his arms, holding him in place so he can listen to Jongin's confession.

"Hyung, I hope you know that to me, you're the most perfect person on this earth, and I may have failed my physics test, but I did learn one thing. According to Newton's laws, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, so that means since I love you, you must love me the same amount since we're practically living contradictions," he finishes, this time gently pressing his lips against Kyungsoo's. He doesn't move for what feels like forever, and Jongin is starting to get scared, but Kyungsoo finally responds, moving his lips along with Jongin's, and god he must be in heaven. They stay like that for a while, wrapped up in each other's arms, only breaking away when Kyungsoo starts laughing. "What's so funny?" Jongin asks, eyebrow scrunched in confusion. "Nothing, I was just thinking that since it's an opposite reaction, doesn't that mean I would hate you?" he finally responds with a smile that reaches his eyes. Jongin can't help but to blush madly after that, spluttering out a "I-I didn't mean it like THAT!", only to be shushed by Kyungsoo's kiss, and maybe, just maybe Jongin understands the world a little bit more now.

fin.

-----

a/n: hello all! so i know it's been a super long time, i've been super busy, but here i am! i thought about this while i was in my physics class LOL surprise, but i hope you enjoy it! <3