Chapter One

Love My Magic

        "Jihoon! Jihoon, sweetie! Come on! We're going to be late!" 

 

        "I'm coming, Omma!" a cute five year old boy called out. 

 

        Chaerin sighed. "Do you have everything you need?" She asked, once her son stepped into the kitchen. 

 

        Jihoon nodded. "Yes, omma!" I do." He smiled brightly at her. 

 

        He then held his backpack out for her to double check. 

 

        Folders, crayons, pencils, paper... it was all there. 

 

        "Alright. Quickly eat breakfast. You don't want to be late on the first day." Chaerin said and ruffled his hair. 

 

        "Omma!" Jihoon pouted, trying to fix it. 

 

        Chaerin laughed. "What? Omma can't mess with your hair?" 

 

        Jihoon shook his head and puffed his cheeks out. "No, omma. It has to look good for my first day of school." 

 

        Chaerin smiled. "Of course it does. Now eat this delicious breakfast that omma made you." 

 

        Jihoon smiled at her, taking a seat at the table. 

 

        Chaerin smiled, looking at her son eat his breakfast. How fast time had flown by? He had grown up so much? 

 

        She smiled. They had both been through so much together and she was happy that they stood strong. Her son, Jihoon, was never without a smile on his face. He was such a cheerful boy. She was so blessed to have him in her life. 

 

        "Alright, omma. I'm done." Jihoon's voice broke Chaerin out of her thoughts. 

 

        Chaerin smiled and took the empty plate, quickly washing it in the sink. She then turned to Jihoon.  

 

        "Okay, let's go." She smiled. She was excited and she knew Jihoon was as well. The whole week before he couldn't stop talking about going to school.  

 

        The two loaded up into Chaerin's car, a beat up red Nissan, that she had bought with some of the money she had after leaving home.  

 

        The school wasn't too far from Chaerin's apartment and they arrived within fifteen minutes.  

 

        Chaerin parked and looked back at Jihoon, who was being awfully quiet.  

 

        He was looking out the car window, looking at the other kids, whose parents were also walking them in for the first day of school. 

 

        "Jihoon?" 

 

        Jihoon looked at her and smiled.  

 

         The two got out of the car and Jihoon grabbed ahold of Chaerin's hand. They walked into the school and Chaerin pulled out the paper with Jihoon's classroom number on it.  

 

        "Ah here it is." Chaerin smiled, seeing Room 8.  

 

        She went to step forward, but was stopped as Jihoon quickly tugged on her hand. She looked down, too see her son, looking at the class with a look of fear on his face. 

 

        "Omma." He murmured. "I don't feel good." 

 

        Chaerin softly smiled and knelt down. "Hey, Hoonie. Look at me." She cupped his face in her hands and their eyes met. "There's nothing to be scared of, baby." 

 

        Jihoon frowned. "But... but... you aren't here with me omma." He said. "What if something happens and I need you here?" 

 

        "Nothing is going to happen. I promise." Chaerin said. "And even though omma is not here, you have your nice teacher to help you out." 

 

        Jihoon didn't look convinced. He was starting to pout. 

 

        "Hey, where's my brave knight?" Chaerin asked. 

 

        Jihoon looked at her. "I'm right here, omma." 

 

        "Are you sure? My brave knight wouldn't be scared to face his first day of school alone. He would go in there and be the bravest of them all."  

 

        Jihoon shifted from one foot to the other. He then took a deep breath and nodded, looking at Chaerin. "I'm ready, omma." 

 

        Chaerin smiled. "That's my brave knight!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        After walking Jihoon into his class and making sure he was situated, Chaerin got back in her Nissan and left the school to meet up with her friend, Park Bom at Everglades Cafe. She found a place to park, on the busy road, a little away from the cafe.  

 

        She started walking, glancing down into her purse to find her cell to call her bubbly friend. She smiled, thinking about how much Bom had helped her through out the years. 

 

        She had met Bom outside of a corner store. She had been sitting on the curb, in tears, not knowing what she should do about the new life growing inside of her. It had been raining, which only made her miserable state seem worst.  

 

        A young woman had suddenly came up to her, shielding her from the rain, with the umbrella she held. At that moment, Chaerin was sure Bom was an angel. Even though she was a complete stranger, Bom took her in and took care of her. She helped Chaerin to live. She was the only person Chaerin could lean on during the pregnancy. 

 

        She was there for Chaerin through everything. She helped her get a job, after Jihoon was born. She helped her find an apartment (even though she said it was okay for Chaerin to stay living with her) to live in with Jihoon. Chaerin owed Bom her life. Without Bom in her life, she didn't know where she would be. 

 

        She was so lost in her thoughts, that when she came up to the cafe, she was suddenly surprised by the door swinging open outwards. She ran straight into the tall, dark-haired, dark suited man who was walking out. 

 

        "Oomph!" She cried, the impact knocking her purse to the ground. 

 

        She felt herself begin to slip and in a panic, she instinctively grabbed the man's arm to steady herself. Her free arm slipped inside his open jacket and she grabbed a handful of shirt fabric, holding on for dear life. The side of her arm brushed against something very hard, and there was a brief glimpse of leather. She quickly made the identification that this man was a cop and her arm had brushed against his gun. 

 

        She arm she was holding onto turned to iron as the man immediately tensed it to hold her weight. He half turned, sliding his other arm around her waist to catch her. 

 

        Thanks to him, she was able to catch her balance, as she was held firmly against a very warm, solid chest. 

 

        Once she was sure she could stand, Chaerin stepped back, the man's arm sliding from around her waist. 

 

        "Are you alright?" He asked, his voice deep. 

 

        Chaerin blinked. "I... I'm um... yes."  

 

        What was wrong with her? Why was she stuttering? She didn't allow men to get her this flustered. 

 

        "Um... thank you for catching me." 

 

        The man smiled. "No problem. Just be careful walking up to doors next time, pretty lady."  

 

        Chaerin blushed. "Of course." She murmured, looking away. 

 

        "Chaerin! There you are. I thought you weren't coming." 

 

        Looking past the man's shoulder, Chaerin could see Bom, who had walked out to call her friend to see where she was. 

 

        "Oh unnie, sorry I just accidentally ran into this man here."  

 

        Bom looked at him and then back to Chaerin, waggling her eyebrows. "Ooh, Chaerinnie is this how you get a man, by running into them. Please teach me your ways." 

 

        "Unnie!" Chaerin hissed, while the man laughed. 

 

        "Your friend is funny." He said, looking at Chaerin. "I'm sorry, but you will have to excuse me. I'm once again sorry for running into you." He bent down and picked up her purse, handing it to her. 

 

        Chaerin shook her head. "Ah no it was my fault. I wasn't paying attention." She said. 

 

        He smiled. "Hm... since we can't agree on whose fault it is, how about we meet up for coffee sometimes and we'll discuss it then." 

 

        Chaerin, stared at him, eyes wide. Was he asking her out? 

 

        Bom grinned, nodding at Chaerin from behind the man's shoulder. 

 

        "I... um..." 

 

        "You don't have to answer me yet. Just think about it. Here's my card." He said, handing her a card with his number and name on it. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Ms. Chaerin." And with that he was off. 

 

        Chaerin stared at his retreating back, wondering what the heck had just happened. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        Once seated in the cafe, with their food and drinks, Bom asked Chaerin if she was going to call the good looking stranger. 

 

        Chaerin sighed. "I don't know, unnie." 

 

        Bom frowned. "Why not? He seemed really interested in you?" 

 

        "They always do at first, but then they see I have Jihoon and they go running." Chaerin shrugged. She didn't care about that. If some guy couldn't except that she had Jihoon, then he wasn't the guy she was meant to be with. 

 

        "Maybe this one will be different." Bom said. 

 

        Chaerin looked at her. "You really want me to go and have coffee with him."  

 

        "Of course I do. You haven't been on a date in ages and I can watch Jihoon for you, so you wouldn't need to worry about a sitter. You need to enjoy yourself every once in a while Chae."  

 

        Chaerin looked down at her drink and then back up at Bom. "Fine. I'll go and have coffee with him. I'll call him later." She looked at the card, sitting on the table. It was the card he had given to her. His name was on it in bold print. 

 

        Choi Seunghyun 

 

        Bom squealed. "Oh Chaerin, I'm so happy for you." 

 

        Chaerin smiled. 

 

        The two girls begin to chat and Chaerin filled Bom in about how Jihoon was during the morning.  

 

        "Bom noona?" 

 

        Bom stopped in the middle of what she was saying to Chaerin, and turned to greet who had spoken to her. 

 

        Chaerin too, stopped speaking and looked to see that a man, tall and lean, was speaking to Bom. His hair was dyed pink and she could see visible tattoos as well as piercing on his person. He was what Chaerin would label as a bad boy. 

 

        Bom was laughing at what he was saying to her and she playfully slapped at his arm.  

 

        Pinkie laughed and rubbed at his arm, feigning hurt. 

 

        Chaerin blinked. Who was this man? She had never seen him in Bom's social circle before. 

 

        As if sensing her curiosity, Bom turned to Chaerin. "Chaerin, this is my dear friend, Kwon Jiyong." She glanced at pinkie. "And this Jiyong is my beautiful friend, Lee Chaerin." 

 

        Jiyong (pinkie) looked at her. His brown eyes slid over her face and he smiled, holding a hand out. "Noona is right. You are beautiful." 

 

        Chaerin blushed and realized that this was the second time today she was feeling flustered by a man. 

 

        "Oh... um... thank you."  

 

        Bom grinned and turned her attention to Jiyong. "Would you like to join us for a bit? Or do you have somewhere to be?" 

 

        Jiyong shook his head. "I have no where to go today. It was just by chance that I happened into this cafe and got to bump into you noona." 

 

        "Well then you should sit for a bit. I'm sure Chaerin doesn't mind, right Chae?" Bom asked. 

 

        Chaerin blinked. "Oh... yeah... I don't mind." She smiled at Jiyong. "You can sit with us." 

 

        Jiyong smiled back. "Thanks." He pulled a seat up next to Chaerin. 

 

        "So, how do you and unnie know each other." She asked. 

 

        Bom and Jiyong shared a look.  

 

        "The bowling alley." 

 

        "A friend's party." 

 

        Two different answers came flying at Chaerin and she blinked. 

 

        Jiyong cleared his throat and glared at Bom. "We met at a friend's party at the bowling alley." He nodded. "Yeah that's how we met." 

 

        "Oh and here I thought I knew all your friends, unnie." Chaerin said. 

 

        Bom laughed. "Yeah, well Jiyong's just been hiding. He doesn't come around often. Right, Jiyongie?" 

 

        Jiyong nodded. "Yep that's the truth." 

 

        "Well I'm going to go get some dessert. You two want anything?" Bom asked. 

 

        "Strawberry shortcake, please." Chaerin smiled. 

 

        "I'll have the same." Jiyong said. 

 

        Bom nodded and walked off to the counter, leaving the two alone. 

 

        Chaerin felt a little awkward sitting with someone she hardly knew. 

 

        "Do I make you uncomfortable?" Jiyong asked and Chaerin looked at him, face bright red. 

 

        "Oh no. You don't make me uncomfortable." 

 

        Jiyong smiled. "Good, cause I don't want you to feel uncomfortable around me. Now that we have met, I really hope we can be friends Chaerin." 

 

        Chaerin blinked. She had a feeling that she would be seeing Jiyong around a lot more. "Sure. That's sounds nice. We can be friends."  

 

        A boyish grin covered Jiyong's face and Chaerin found herself smiling back. 

 

        "I believe this could be the start of a beautiful friendship, Chaerin."  

 

        Chaerin couldn't argue with that. 

 

        If only she had realized, that both her meetings with Choi Seunghyun and Kwon Jiyong were meant to be, then she would have been ready for the curve ball life was about to throw at her. 

 

 


Yay! I got the first chapter of Love My Magic up. I'm so happy. I'm not sure when the next chapter will be up. The same goes with my other on-going fics. It's hard for me to update, since this semeseter I am taking a lot of classes that require a lot of my time. I'm glad I had some free time to work on this. I really hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I know you all want to know who got Chaerin pregnant, but it's not time for me to reveal it yet.

And now here are some pics of Bom, Chaerin, Jihoon, Jiyong, and Seunghyun :3

Bom:

Chaerin:

Jihoon:

Jiyong:

Seunghyun: