Update

Update

Key and Minho had been sitting across from eachother at the dining room table for nearly two hours. The only sounds you could hear were the light tapping of thumbs on a screen, and the two breathing. Every once in a while Key would pass his phone to Minho, asking if the selfie he was going to post on instagram was edited well enough. The taller boy always agreed, barely looking up from his phone.

 

After a while Key got fed up with Minho not paying attention to him. He noticed the boy was very focused on what he was doing, and went to see what was so fascinating on the phone. He slowly walked behind Minho, glancing at the screen. Instead of seeing some video game or news article, Minho was browsing through his phone settings. Key leaned over his shoulder, “what are you doing?” he asked, making Minho jump out of his skin.

 

“God Kibum, you scared me!” Minho clutched his chest, and Key just rolled his eyes.

 

“I’m serious, what are you doing?”

 

Minho bit his lip, “nothing..”

 

“It must be something if you’re spending so much time on it.”

 

The boy just blushed and changed to some sns app to divert Key’s attention. He pulled up kakao and went to respond to Kyuhyun’s message. As soon as he pulled up the keyboard the boy behind him snorted. “You still haven’t updated your phone yet?”

 

Minho was surprised, “how did you know?”

 

“You don’t have the little microphone in the corner you ,” Key was trying not to laugh at Minho’s stupidity and then something clicked in his head. “Wait a minute,” he looked back down at the phone, “is that what you’ve been trying to do this whole time?”

 

The boy’s ears turned red, “no..” Key glared at him, “yes.”

 

Key let out a raucous laugh practically falling to his knees, “are you serious? Give me your phone, I’ll do it for you.”

 

“No!” Minho held his phone out of reach from Kibum, who was grabbing at it, “I want to do it myself this time, I have to learn eventually.”

 

Key had calmed himself down at this point and looked at Minho fondly, “you’re so cute, I’ll give you a day. If you can’t figure it out in a day, I’ll update it for you and I’ll make you do something you really don’t want to do, and if you somehow actually get it, I’ll give you a prize!”

 

Minho contemplated what Key said, and then noticed that he actually had no idea what the good things and the bad things were. “Wait, how am I supposed to agree to this if I don’t even know what the actual stipulations are?”

 

“You just have to trust me with that one,” Key winked at him and left the room. The brunette sat in his dorm room, playing around with the filters on instagram, trying to get his selfie just perfect before posting. Kibum had been crushing on Minho for quite some time. Ever since they had spent that time in England together, he had grown fairly fond of the boy. For how annoying Minho could be, Key had found him utterly attractive. The little traits that used to bother him became endearing. It was hard for Key to accept his attraction at first. He would try to avoid Minho at all costs, but at this point there was no reason for him to deny that he had feelings for the boy. Seeing the situation before him, he decided to work it to his advantage. He just couldn’t wait until the 24 hours was up. Kibum went to bed that night, dreaming of Minho’s lips that would inevitably end up on his own.

 

Early in the morning, Minho burst into Key’s room, waking up the sleeping boy. “Ha!” Minho said, loudly, shoving his phone in Key’s face, “I did it! Do you see this! I actually did it, I mean I ended up changing the language on my phone a few times, but it’s fixed see?” Key sat up in his bed, his eyes still closed, and Minho put his face close to the sleepy boy’s, “so what do I get, huh?” Key opened his eyes to be greeted by Minho’s large one’s. He looked down at Minho’s lips, and back to his eyes. It was now or never. He pecked Minho’s lips like a girl on the playground would to her crush, and fell back down on to his bed, covering his head with his blanket.

 

Minho blinked a few times with wide eyes, and put his fingers to his lips. Had Kibum really just kissed him? He felt the tips of his ears go read, and tapped the lump on the bed, triggering a groan from the boy inside. “What would I have gotten if I hadn’t figured it out?”

 

Key pulled the covers back and looked Minho in the eyes with no expression on his face. “The same thing,” he mumbled.

 

Minho’s eyes softened, “who ever said that kissing you was something I really didn’t want to do?”

 

It was Key’s turn to blush. He wanted to hide his face again, but stopped himself when he saw Minho move in closer. The taller boy slowly leaned down over Key’s bed. The boy closed his eyes and tensed as Minho got closer and closer to his lips. He felt the boy put a hand on his jaw, his cheek. It seemed like forever until Minho was at Key’s lips. The boy whispered, “you have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do this,” against the brunette’s mouth, the warm air passing over his lips and sending shivers down his spine. Minho pressed his lips against the awkward boy’s mouth, and Key melted under the sensation. He never dreamed that Minho would have this much power and control over him. Key knew that he had liked Minho, but never thought the reverse would be true. He let Minho press soft kisses on his lips, just enjoying the feeling until Minho’s lips were gone just as quickly as they came.

 

Minho stood back up, hitting his head on Key’s top bunk as he did, “I can hear the others getting up,” he said, putting his hand on Key’s head, smoothing out the boy’s hair, “we’ll talk about this later.” Key opened his mouth to protest, but Minho was already gone. His heart rate had finally returned to normal. He was left thinking about Minho’s soft lips, and wanted nothing more than to feel them again.