forgotten

Forgotten.

Bobby looked around nervously as he fixed his tie in front of the long mirror. Where was Hanbin when he needed him the most? Especially on his wedding day.

“Kim hanbin! Where are you?” Bobby shouted as he couldn’t contain anymore of his nervousness.

“Hyung! I’m here. Why? Is there anything you need?” Hanbin rushed in quickly. His hair swept back, dried sweat on his forehead, and in a black suit. He looked great, almost able to outshine the groom today, Bobby might add.

“Where did you go? I need you here!” Bobby snapped as he started walking around anxiously, biting his lips in anxiety. Hanbin looked at Bobby, and forced a smile.

“I’m right here now, aren’t I? Stop walking around and come here. Let me fix your tie,” Hanbin said bitterly as he gestured for Bobby to sit down on the chair. But Bobby was too anxious to notice Hanbin’s bitterness.

Hanbin started combing Bobby’s hair and smoothing it. Hanbin fixed Bobby’s tie, pulled his collar up a little, swept away the dust on Bobby’s shoes. As Hanbin was doing all this, Bobby’s mind drifted to his bride in the next dressing room. Bobby thought about how beautiful his soon-to-be-wife would be and he smiled.

Hanbin knew that smile.

While Bobby was thinking about his soon-to-be-wife, Hanbin was thinking of bobby.  He thought about who would be doing all these things he had been doing for his love all this time. He was the one who would wake Bobby up, he was the one who would iron Bobby’s clothes, he was the one who would prepare breakfast for Bobby, he was the one who did every single thing for Bobby. But since Bobby met SeoJin, everything changed. Bobby would bring SeoJin back to his apartment, and SeoJin was the only one allowed to enter Bobby’s bedroom, SeoJin was the only one who would be allowed to touch and iron Bobby’s clothes, Bobby would only eat the breakfast SeoJin had made. Bobby literally threw Hanbin away. But Hanbin was still holding on. Hoping that someday, Bobby would finally see that Hanbin was the one he should love and the only one hanbin was loving.

But it never happened.

Bobby didn’t contact Hanbin for half a year. He was so busy dating SeoJin that he threw away his past. He hang out with Seojin’s elder brothers, abandoning his old friends. He stopped talking to his old friends and ignored them. He acknowledged hanbin’s presence by only nodding his head at him. He changed his apartment’s password that only him and SeoJin knows.

Hanbin suffered. Greatly.

Every freaking single day, he had to watch Bobby ignore him and his friends, watch him hang out with his new friends, be all lovey dovey with SeoJin.

That’s what hurt hanbin the most.

 

Bobby being all lovey dovey with Seojin.

 

Hanbin had to witness everything when he is in love with him.

Tell him it’s not painful and that’s the biggest lie ever.

How can it be not painful when the person you love so much is standing in front, right in front of your very own eyes, hugging, kissing and loving another person?

So Hanbin started drowning his sorrows in alcohol, he started smoking, started going out with all type of girls out there.

But there wasn’t a single thing that can pull Bobby out of his mind.

Bobby  was his life.

But on that day, that day when he announced his engagement with Seojin, Hanbin completely lost it. Throughout the nights, he cried, wept, sobbed till dawn. And as if that wasn’t enough, he began to smoke more, drink more, which results in hangovers and headaches.  Yoonhyung knew Hanbin’s feelings for Bobby, but he knew there was no way Bobby would love Hanbin when he had seojin. It . It so bad to see his dear friend suffering so much on the inside. He and Junhwae always end up sleeping at Tao’s apartment, so that they could stop him from drinking and smoking too much.

But 2 months before Bobby’s engagement, Hanbin suddenly changed. He stopped his alcohol and smoking habits so quickly it shocked Junhwae and yoonhyung out of their skin. Hanbin told them that those were just things to stop his pain but he decides that using those can’t help him for the rest of his life, which was why he stopped.

Yoonhyung and junhwae agreed that Hanbin really loved Bobby a lot.

 

“Yah, what are you staring at? It’s time for you to go back to your seat,” Bobby snapped Hanbin out of his trance.

“Oh, okay, good luck then hyung, don’t pee in your pants,” Hanbin grinned, barely holding in his tears.

“Geez, stop teasing me,” Bobby rolled his eyes and pushed Hanbin out of the room.

Hanbin didn’t return to the wedding hall.

Instead, he ran to the bathroom.

He would not allow himself to sit right where his lover is going to get married and watch his worst nightmare happen. He had enough. He’s hurt enough. He can’t keep letting himself get hurt like that. He’s already falling apart so much recently.  How can he just go in and let those scenes tear his heart apart?

But then, what if Bobby got angry at him for not being there to watch him?  What if Bobby didn’t want him by his side anymore? What if he threw him away again?

Hanbin almost stood up to leave the bathroom but stopped.

And why would he care about him? Bobby’s life only revolved around Seojin. He already didn’t need Hanbin by his side. He probably won’t even care about him, who used his heart and soul to love him.

Hanbin sobbed into his suit which he removed because he couldn’t do this anymore.

Loving someone was so painful and no, he hate this.

He threw the suit on the ground, wiped his tears and ran out of the bathroom, out into the cold streets. He called for a cab and rode it to Hongdae where he drank to his heart content.

He noticed the vibration of his phone in his pocket but he didn’t bother to pick it up. So what if Yoonhyung is looking for him? So what if Junhwae is looking for him? It’s not Bobby, and he couldn’t care less if it isn’t Kris.

As he took his thirteenth shot, someone slammed into him causing him to lose his grip on his glass.

“What are you doing?!” Hanbin screamed.

He was already so frustrated, so pissed off, why can’t he even have a good drink with himself?

All he got was a slurred reply before the man that bang into him fall into his arms like a ragged doll.

“Oh my , now I have to deal with this random stranger that banged into me for no reason. This is so great, like so great huh,” Hanbin scoffed as he shoved the man into the side next to him and let the man lie on the table.

After about a dozen shots later, Hanbin stumbled out of the club, drunk, barely conscious, only to bang into some hooligans who seemed to be in a very bad mood.

“What do you think you are doing?” the largest guy snarled.

Hanbin slurred and almost collapsed on the floor as he could barely keep himself conscious.

Seeing that hanbin wasn’t even answering, it pissed the big guys off even more.

And minutes later, Hanbin was on the ground, getting beaten up by those guys harshly as he didn’t even try to protect himself.

-

Lying there, Hanbin looked barely alive. He was beaten up so badly Junhwae could barely recognize him. His arms and legs were like a map, with highlights of dark red and purple. And IV was attached to his hands. His face was swollen and so bruised. He didn’t look like Kim Hanbin anymore.  Wounds could be seen everywhere as Hanbin take each breath so slowly. He had a bandage on his head as he was kicked in the head by one of the guys. His ribs, legs, and arms were all broken and he was even lucky to not have any of his organs beaten up. It was a bad night. But Hanbin did not even notice the pain as he slept for four days straight before drifting in and out of consciousness for three days.

It was a tough time for both Junhwae and Yoonhyung, as they see their friend being injured so so badly yet they can’t do anything about it.

The doctor had warned them that Hanbin might have lost his memories due to the impact that hit his head. But other than that, Hanbin would most likely heal properly if nothing goes wrong.

But the on the eighth day Hanbin got hospitalized, he woke up.

Junhwae and Yoonhyung were so happy they cried after the doctor told them that Hanbin was indeed finally, fully conscious again.

But what he spoke to them, shocked them so hard.

“Who are you?”

Junhwae and yoonhyung knew that this might happen, but they never really believe that it would, but it did, and it hurt.

But they were not the people he forgot.

Kim Hanbin also forgot a person called Bobby, Kim Jiwon.