Love is Come or Back?

Karma Café

 

“Jongdae told me there’s a new café near his school.” Kyuhyun called to his friend.

“What kind of café?” His friend asked.

“It’s called Karma Café. Interesting, right?” Kyuhyun answered.

His friend thought for a moment before answering. “It seems eerie, Kyuhyun-ah. Maybe if I go there I’ll get my karma after what I did to Baekhyun.” His voice shivered.

Kyuhyun sighed. “It’s just games actually. You’re served what you deserve. The owner will read the past of our lives and served us with food that fits our past. We can still order anything that we want too if we don’t play the karma games.”

“I am an abuser then.” His friend said in low voice.

“It happened three years ago! Now, you’re getting better and better.” Kyuhyun consoled him desperately.

His friend chuckled. “Alright. Thanks Kyuhyun-ah.”

“So, should we go together?” Kyuhyun smiled.

“I can’t. I have business trip for one week in Japan. I leave tonight. Can you go there and tell me about it later?”

“Okay then. Have a safe trip, Changmin-ah.”

***

Kyuhyun came to Karma Café alone. He entered and was greeted by a black-haired guy with sharp eyes.

“Welcome to Karma Café. Are you alone?” He asked Kyuhyun.

“Yeah, I’m alone.” Kyuhyun answered.

“Alright. Follow me.” The black-haired man walked in front and gestured for Kyuhyun to follow him.

“So, we have karma games if you want to play and then-” Tao explained the game to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun nodded seriously, taking  in all the information that was being passed onto him.

“So, do you want to play or not?” Tao asked after his long explanation.

“It’s really interesting, but maybe not now.” Kyuhyun flashed apologetic smile. “Oh, what is that?” Kyuhyun pointed across the café.

“It’s the coffee corner. Our barista there will serve you the finest coffee.” Tao promoted proudly.

“Ah! Can I go to there first?” Kyuhyun asked him.

“Of course, Mister. But do you want to order something before you go there?” Tao responded.

“Later. Thanks Zitao-ssi.” Kyuhyun read Tao’s nametag and strolled over to the coffee corner.

“Hello. May I help you?” Minseok smiled in greeting.

“Hello. Can I order an ice black coffee?” Kyuhyun said as he sat at a t a chair in front of Minseok.

Minseok gaped for a few moments in admiration of the guy in front of him. He was wearing a crisp white shirt and fitted black pants. His honey brown hair combed neatly and his smile is so…. Minseok didn’t have the words to describe it. It was sweet but also full of warmth and charms. Everything about him screamed charisma.

“Hello?” Kyuhyun waved his hand in front of the chubby barista.

“Ah! Oh yeah! I’m sorry. Can you repeat your order, Mister?” Minseok avoid Kyuhyun’s soft gaze.

Kyuhyun grinned. “Ice black coffee with less sugar.”

“Okay. Wait just a minute please.” Minseok started his work.

“This café is pretty new, right?” Kyuhyun asked Minseok while observing the décor and ambiance of the Coffee Corner.

“Well… actually we opened 2 years ago but, our popularity is at its highest right now.” Minseok commented.

“Oh… are you the only barista here?” Kyuhyun asked while he stared at his reflection in the shiny metal of the coffee machine Minseok was using.

“Yes, I am. We only have one barista, which is me, one bartender, two chefs, and two waiters. We have six people in total. Seven! Including the boss.” Minseok answered casually as he served Kyuhyun’s ice black coffee.

“Thank you, Minseok-ssi.” Kyuhyun smiled and read Minseok’s nametag.

“Enjoy the drink! You can pay directly to the cashier.” Minseok gave a toothless smile and handed the honey-brown haired man the receipt.

“Thank you.” Kyuhyun took the receipt and sipped his drink.

“Anyway, are you newcomer to this neighborhood?” Minseok asked Kyuhhyun in mild interest.

“Well… actually, I don't live around here, but my workplace is quite near from here. I just come here randomly when lunchtime comes.” Kyuhyun answered slowly.

“You work around here?” Minseok raised an eyebrow in curiousity.

“Seoul Hospital. It’s not really far, right?” Kyuhyun grinned.

“Oh! Are you a doctor?” Minseok looked excited.

“I’m a psychiatrist actually.” Kyuhyun chuckled.

Minseok’s eyebrows furrowed. “Is that like a doctor for mental-ill patients?”

“You could say that.” Kyuhyun nodded in agreement.

“I think that’s awesome.” Minseok beamed.

“Not really, Minseok-ssi. Sometimes it really hurts me when my patients are so mentally-ill they can’t recover again.” Kyuhyun sighed, remembering all the low points in his career.

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. It’s a burden right?” Minseok grimaced.

Kyuhyun nodded and looked up at the ceiling. “Yeah. It becomes a burden when I can’t heal them.”

“It’s okay actually, Doctor-ssi. I bet you already heal more patients than not.” Minseok commented, trying to steer the mood of the conversation to be more positive.

Kyuhyun stared at Minseok’s innocent face and giggled. “Doctor-ssi? Just because I don’t wear a name tag doesn’t mean that I don’t have name.”

Minseok grinned and scratched his hair in embarrassment.

“I’m Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun,” Kyuhyun introduced himself.

“As you can see from my name tag. I’m Minseok. Nice to meet you, Dr. Cho.” Minseok bowed.

“Oh c’mon! Dr. Cho is too formal. Am I older than you? I’m sorry, but how old are you?” Kyuhyun asked carefully.

“I’m 25 this year.” Minseok blushed.

“Oh! You don’t look like you’re 25 years old! I thought you were in the same grade as my cousin. Daebak!” Kyuhyun laughed in disbelief.

“Many people tell me that.” Minseok grinned.

“I’m 27 this year, Minseok-ssi. You can call me anything, but please not Dr. Cho. You’re not my patient.” Kyuhyun pouted cutely (and yet still handsomely Minseok notes).

“Kyuhyun-ssi.” Minseok smiled and called him the usual nickname for all his guests.

“Sounds much better.” Kyuhyun beamed. “Ah, lunchtime is already over. I should get back. Nice talking to you, Minseok-ssi. See you later.”

Minseok failed to take his eyes of Kyuhyun’s back as he watched the figure leave the café.

***

“Oh! Baekhyun Hyung, are you already back?” Tao greeted Baekhyun when he arrived back at the café.

Baekhyun just got back from the bank to pay the rent on his apartment.

“Yeah Tao, I just got back. We haven’t had many guests since I left, right?” Baekhyun asked.

“No, we had some guests but I took care of all of it. Don’t worry.” Tao smiled.

“Thanks Tao.” Baekhyun smiled in appreciation. “Anyway, do you know what happened with Minseok?”

“Is there something wrong?” Tao asked back in worry.

“He was humming happily and dancing around.” Baekhyun frowned.

Tao grinned. “I guess one of our guests before stole Minseok’s Hyung heart.”

Baekhyun pursed his lips and shot Tao a confused look.

“There was a guy. I’ve never seen him before. He said he worked at Seoul Hospital as a psychiatrist. I heard him talking to Minseok Hyung.” Tao explained.

Baekhyun’s heartbeat sped up. Psychiatrist? It can’t be…

“Hyung, are you okay?” Tao asked worriedly when he saw Baekhyun’s face pale considerably.

Baekhyun shook his head hurriedly. “I’m okay, just a little bit tired.”

“Okay Hyung, but if you feel sick you can rest.” Tao cooed caringly and left Baekhyun to serve the guests.

Baekhyun tidied up his hair and uniform. He took a deep breath and threw away his useless thoughts.

***

“So, did you meet Baekhyun?” Changmin asked quickly in overflowing curiosity.

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Not yet. But I’ll go back to that café again.” Minseok’s flashed face in Kyuhyun’s mind.

“What happened to you? I feel like something’s wrong.” Changmin asked him again. Being bestfriends since their childhood have given the pair a sort of telepathy between their unspoken thoughts.

Kyuhyun giggled. “Sorry Changmin-ah, but I think I found another thing that’s more important than Baekhyun.”

“And what is that?” Changmin hoped Kyuhyun’s answered would be anything but what he was predicting.

“L-O-V-E.” Kyuhyun spelled out, enunciating each letter and laughed loudly while Changmin held in the urge to hang up the phone on his bestfriend!

***

 

Here’s the Chapter 9 and the secret finally unveiled >.<

I thought for making chapter 10 with Christmas special and actually I’ve too many scattered ideas lol. So if you have some prompts and if you trusted me to write about that and if I thought it would be good I’ll try to write your prompts XD

Send me your prompts on my ask.fm/secretyeoja. Don’t forget to put the pairing that will you like ^^

(For example: I want Kaisoo kissed under the mistletoe or Hunhan dating to the ice rink together on Christmas) XD

I’ll choose you prompts if I thought it would fit perfectly for the couples :D

And I have 2 new story and I’ll published it soon. If you interested to help me with my story you can filled this form <3

Thank you always for ByunBaozi03757 for helping this chapter as well! Merry Christmas Gabby! <3

Happy holiday and Merry Christmas for all of you who celebrated it! <3

Thank you for always supports me. Thank you for subs, upvoters, and kind comments! <3

- secretyeoja -