Our Future

Karma Café

 

Baekhyun was still unconscious even after the numerous attempts by his friends to wake him up. Kyuhyun, being the psychiatrist from Seoul Hospital, called an ambulance which brought Baekhyun to the hospital.

Baekhyun entered emergency room and was treated by Kyuhyun’s friend, Doctor Park Jungsoo. Everyone waited worriedly outside the room. Luhan bit his nails nervously as he paced around in circles.

“Nâinai said I should protect him but I’ve failed. What if something’s bad happened?” Luhan almost sobbed into his hands but the café’s staffs consoled him.

“Relax, Lu. We should pray for Baekhyun.” Minseok embraced his boss warmly.

“Yeah, Hyung. Don’t think about something bad. Baekhyun Hyung is strong.” Tao added caringly.

Yixing held his hands in his own and Junmyeon rubbed his shoulder softly.

“Lu please. Your sobbing isn’t my style.” Kris mocked him but Luhan knew it was his own way of consoling.

Luhan smiled and nodded weakly when his phone suddenly vibrated. New message.

Luhan rubbed his tired eyes as he opened the message.

 

From: Oh Sehun

To: Luhan

Where are you now?

At the café?

 

Sehun. Yeah, after their dinner before, they exchanged phone numbers. Luhan thought before he typed.

 

To: Oh Sehun

From: Luhan

I’m in Seoul Hospital rite now.

Something happened w/ Baekhyun :(

 

He sent it and not half a minute after the message was sent, his phone rang. Sehun had called him.

“Hello?” Luhan answered.

“What happened? Baekhyun is one of the waiters right?” Sehun asked worriedly.

“He… fainted at the café. I’m so scared.” Luhan told the younger.

“Is it okay if I came and accompanied you?” Sehun said caringly.

“Yes.” Luhan answered honestly, feeling much better knowing that Sehun cared enough to come and support Baekhyun as well.

“I’ll come then. Wait for me.” Sehun said in a decided tone.

“And… can you ask Park Chanyeol to come too?” Luhan said to Sehun.

“Okay. I’ll try to contact him. Did you need him? Having me isn’t enough for you?” Sehun tried to cheer up Luhan by acting jealous.

Luhan chuckled for the first time after Baekhyun’s incident happened. “Not for me. But Baekhyun might need him to be here.”

Sehun said he understood and they hung up, when Doctor Park walked out from emergency room.

Luhan was the first to walk up to him.

“Doctor, how’s Baekhyun condition? Is he okay now?” Luhan asked rapidly in a clearly distressed tone.

“Are you his guardian?” Doctor Park asked impassively.

“Yes, I am.” Luhan answered firmly.

“He’s okay now. The cause of his fainting is severe shock. He’s still unconscious right now. You can meet him after he’s been moved to the ward. Excuse me.” Doctor Park smiled lightly and walked towards Kyuhyun and Changmin’s direction. He talked to Kyuhyun too.

The café’s staffs hugged each other, feeling incredibly relieved about Baekhyun’s condition now.

***

“Chanyeol, where are you?” Sehun called Chanyeol.

“Home. What’s up?” He asked.

“Baekhyun’s been entered into the hospital.” Sehun said in a serious tone.

“Baek… hyun? The waiter from Karma Café?” Chanyeol’s deep voice turned worried.

“Yeah. Luhan told me. I’m going there to meet him now, and he said you should come too.” Sehun explained quickly.

“Luhan? The boss? Yah, since when did you drop the formalities?” Chanyeol asked out of topic.

“After our dinner together.” Sehun answered and blushed slightly. “Okay, it’s not important. We should go now.”

“WHEN DID YOU HAVE DINNER TOGETHER?” Chanyeol yelled. “OMG I SHOULD’VE ASKED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO BAEKHYUN-SSI INSTEAD…..”

“JUST SHUT UP AND GO GET CHANGED IF YOU WANT TO SEE HIM!” Sehun yelled back.

“Alright! Alright!” Chanyeol hung up and Sehun sighed at his dumb yet sweet friend.

***

Sehun and Chanyeol arrived thirty minutes later at Seoul Hospital.

Sehun’s steps directly gravitated towards Luhan when he saw the older.

“Are you okay?” He asked worriedly after he gave Luhan a comforting hug and rubbed circles on his back.

“I’m fine now because Baekhyun is fine too.” Luhan smiled and tightened the hug, appreciating it.

“Luhan-ssi, what happen to Baekhyun-ssi?” Chanyeol interrupted worriedly.

“He fainted, Chanyeol-ssi. But he’s fine now. He’s still sleep and we should wait until he moved to the ward if we want to see him.” Luhan explained.

“Can I ask about why he fainted? Is he tired or lack of sleep or something else?” Chanyeol spoke quickly.

“Because he’s back.” Luhan hissed and pointed in Changmin’s direction.

Chanyeol looked in the direction of Luhan’s finger and saw a tall guy sporting a worried face. “Is he… the one that left scars on Baekhyun-ssi?”

Luhan’s eyes widened in shock. “Do you know about his past?”

Chanyeol shook his head. “Not in the detail. He just said he had scars from his past.”

Luhan mouthed a small ‘o’. “Yeah, he’s Baekhyun’s ex-boyfriend.”

“What kind of scars…,” Chanyeol murmured to himself but Luhan caught it.

“You can ask him by yourself when Baekhyun is conscious, Chanyeol-ssi.” Luhan smiled gently.

Chanyeol stared at Luhan and nodded understandingly.

***

Minseok went to the cafeteria and bought coffees for the staffs when he met Kyuhyun.

“Minseok-ssi!” Kyuhyun greeted him.

“Oh, Kyuhyun-ssi.” Minseok replied.

“Do you need help?” Kyuhyun asked when he saw Minseok’s full hands.

“No, it’s okay. Ooops!” Minseok’s bag sagged and fell to the floor. Unfortunately, Minseok had not closed the zipper correctly. His things scattered across the floor, including his Christmas gift from Jongdae. Minseok doesn’t know why he put the gift inside his bag. Maybe it was because the commotion of Baekhyun’s incident made him grab stuff randomly.

“Thank you!” Minseok thanked Kyuhyun when the latter knelt and put all of the fallen items back into Minseok’s bag. Kyuhyun noticed the gift. He felt like he had seen it before.

“I saw a similar gift in Jongdae’s bag.” Kyuhyun murmured but Minseok heard it.

“Jongdae? You just said… Jongdae?” Minseok asked in confusion.

Kyuhyun stood up and gave Minseok his bag. “Yeah… I just saw the same gift like yours on him. He’s my cousin. Do you perhaps know him?” Kyuhyun asked.

“He’s one of our regular customers.” Minseok answered in his normal tone.

“So, it’s from him?” Kyuhyun asked in curiousity.

Minseok nodded.

“Woah, I didn’t know you guys were so close. You know Jongdae isn’t type of person that prepares something special for someone unless he thought that person was really special to him, like his parents. He’s never bought me any gifts if I remember correctly. Well, he did once, but that was when we were still kids.” Kyuhyun snickered when the memories flashed in his mind.

Minseok felt his heartbeat rise as he flashed an awkward smile.

“I’m curious how close you guys are. Anyway, I’m sorry if this question is too personal, but do you have boyfriend, Minseok-ssi?” Kyuhyun asked, finally satisfying his curiosity.

Minseok felt his body warm. “And what will you do after I’ve answered your question?”

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Actually, I’ve been interested in you from the first time we met. If I said I wanted to get to know you more and wanted to date you, what would you think?” Kyuhyun asked hopefully.

Minseok felt devastated. He likes Kyuhyun too. But suddenly Minseok thought about Kyuhyun’s words about Jongdae, Jongdae’s gift for him, Jongdae’s naughty snicker, Jongdae’s cheeky grin, Jongdae’s teasing, Jongdae. Jongdae. Just Kim Jongdae.

What the hell is wrong with me???? Minseok thought, internally totally frustrated with himself.

“Minseok-ssi?” Kyuhyun’s voice made Minseok back to the reality.

“So… sorry Kyuhyun-ssi. I was just daydreaming.” Minseok rubbed the back of his head.

“It’s okay. But did you hear my last question? So, what do you think?” Kyuhyun persisted.

Minseok sighed and thought. Well… yeah he likes Kyuhyun, he likes the way he wear his fitted white shirt, how his hair is combed neatly, but…. He suddenly think the uniform school is better than white fitted shirt, the messy hair is more adorable than neat hair….

“Kyuhyun-ssi, what’s your favorite coffee?” Minseok asked suddenly.

Kyuhyun stared at him strangely. “You made it when we first met. Iced black coffee.”

Sigh. Ice black coffee is so boring compared to ice vanilla latte.

Minseok smiled apologetically as he said. “I’m sorry Kyuhyun-ssi, I also like you. Or at least liked you. Actually, you are my type. I like your clothing style, I like your neat hair, I like your handsome smile, but I think that’s the old me.”

Kyuhyun grinned. “Woah, I’ve never been rejected before. Did you reject me because I’m Changmin’s friend and you’re Baekhyun’s friend? You know I would never hurt your right? And Changmin is totally changed now.” Kyuhyun said casually.

Minseok shook his head. “No, it’s got nothing to do with ‘friends’ or anything. I’m really sorry, but I think my heart belongs to someone else. Even though I’m not really sure about it for now.”

“And what type of person is that ‘someone’?” Kyuhyun asked, eyebrows raising in curiosity.

“A high school uniform, messy hair and a cheeky grin.” Jongdae’s figure flashed in Minseok’s mind.

Kyuhyun smiled understandingly as he knew who it was from Minseok’s answer. “Alright Minseok-ssi. I respect your choice.”

“Thank you Kyuhyun-ssi. Hope you will find your true love. I should go first.” Minseok flashed his gentle smile as he bowed and excused himself.

“He’s going to Canada.” Kyuhyun said suddenly after Minseok’s had already turned his back.

Minseok turned his head to face Kyuhyun. “Sorry?”

“Jongdae. He’s going to continue his study in Canada. He’s going to the University of Toronto. I think you should know about it.”

Before Minseok could respond, Kyuhyun bowed and left him. Minseok felt his heart drop to the floor as he thought about the gift from Jongdae.

Does he really think I’m special? What should I do now?

***

Kris started to feel something was wrong when he noticed the magnae’s attitude towards him. He started to stare at Kris secretly and if Kris happened to catch his gaze, he’d shift his gaze immediately and act like nothing had happened.

“Tao, Huang Zitao!” Kris finally had enough with Tao’s strange stares.

Tao stopped in his steps nervously like a thief that had been caught red-handed stealing something. He turned around and faced Kris while smiling awkwardly.

“Hyung.” He said in a nervous voice that cracked in the middle of his word.

“Stay where you are.” Kris approached him boldly.

Tao gulped and avoided Kris’s burning gaze.

“Mind telling me what’s wrong with you?” Kris spoke in a firm tone with his hands on his hips.

Tao shook his head vigorously. “No... nothing’s wrong.”

“Yah! You’ve been staring at me. Not just once, but several times.” Kris glared at the magnae and made Tao more nervous.

“I… I just… um…,” Tao scratched his head awkwardly while keeping his gaze to the ground.

“What… is… it about… Tao?” Kris pressured on.

“I… Ijustwanttoknowwhyyoukissedmebefore?!” Tao said shouted rapidly in which Kris just stared at him blankly.

“What? I didn’t hear you clearly.” Kris took a step closer.

Tao retreated and really wanted to run away from the tall giant.

“TAO! WHAT THE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?” Kris finally exploded. Luckily, they are in the hospital park so no one will complaint about the ruckus they were making.

“THE KISS!” TAO YELLED BACK. “I… I DON’T KNOW WHY YOU KISSED ME BEFORE AND YOU…. YOU JUST LET IT GO LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED AND I FELT HURT INSIDE! IT STILL HURTS! I DON’T KNOW WHY BUT…,” Tao’s words were cut off when Kris suddenly pulled him into a tight hug.

“Shut up Tao or I’ll do more than this.” Kris’s breathe ghosted over Tao’s ear.

Tao blushed and fidgeted in the incredibly tight hug. He couldn’t move so he gave up and placed his chin on Kris’s shoulder.

“Why?” Tao’s voice cracked, because he was on the verge of tears. His heart felt like it would explode soon and Tao felt embarrassed at the fact that Kris could probably feel how fast his heartbeat was due to the close proximity.

Kris finally released the magnae and gripped Tao’s shoulders firmly.

“First, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what the hell happened with me last time when I kissed you. Yeah, I said I kissed you because you were noisy but actually―,” Kris sighed before he continued.

“―Actually, you were so cute back then. But yeah you always look cute and that’s why I couldn’t hold myself back and kissed you suddenly. And I know I was being a jerk when I pretended like nothing happened, but believe me I also felt totally embarrassed.  I’m being totally honest with you right now. You can ask Luhan if you don’t trust me. I like you, Huang Zitao. I like it when we spend time together, I like your handmade biscuits, your innocent smile, your adorable laugh. Just you and I’m sorry that I’ve only just realized it now.” Kris confessed and held Tao’s hands.

“Hyung…,” Tao was speechless.

“Please don’t make that face. I won’t be able to hold myself back!” Kris avoided Tao’s gaze.

Tao smiled innocently. “Why? You want to kiss me again?” He teased the taller.

“Yah!” Kris looked up and widened his eyes when Tao put his lips on his.

Tao retreated and smiled sheepishly. “I like you too, Hyung.”

Krus couldn’t stop himself, he grabbed Tao’s cheeks and devoured the innocent lips of the magnae…………….

***

Baekhyun was moved to the ward the next day. Luckily, Baekhyun was completely conscious after his long sleep.

“Are you okay, Baekhyunie?” Luhan asked as he stood beside Baekhyun’s bed.

Baekhyun nodded as he focused his eyes and took in the whole room. “Hospital?”

“Yeah. Everyone is here for you. Even Chanyeol-ssi.” Luhan said softly.

“Chanyeol is here?” Baekhyun asked and Luhan helped him to sit up on the bed.

“Yeah. If you want to meet him, I’ll call him.” Luhan offered.

“Thanks Lu, but later. How about…. Him? Is he still here?” Baekhyun’s voice coloured with fear and Luhan knew exactly who Baekhyun was talking about.

“Yeah, he’s still here. He’s totally worried about you. I can read people, as you know, and I saw the honesty from him when he said he was worried about you. I know it will be a burden to you, but I think you should talk to him about what happened. You should finish it, Baekhyunie.” Luhan said wisely, his mouth forming a straight line.

“I’m scared. What if he hurts me again?” Baekhyun thought about the worst case scenario.

“Let Chanyeol accompany you. Don’t worry we will wait outside and we will come in immediately if he tries to harm you.” Luhan calmed his waiter with a comforting smile.

“I’ll do it. I’ve made up my mind. Can you call Chanyeol here?” Baekhyun asked.

Luhan smiled and ruffled Baekhyun’s soft hair. “Alright. Don’t worry, everything will be fine.”

Baekhyun nodded as Luhan walked out and called Chanyeol to enter the room.

***

“Baekhyun-ssi! Oh thank God you’re fine now! I was so worried. I brought your favorite pudding anyway. Do you want some?” Chanyeol, as bright he is, grinned happily and sat beside Baekhyun.

Baekhyun chuckled and nodded. Chanyeol opened the pudding cup and fed Baekhyun small spoonfuls.

“Delicious?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yeah. I really like this pudding.” Baekhyun answered and beamed.

“You look beautiful with your natural eyes.” Chanyeol said suddenly.

Baekhyun gaped and put his hands on his face. “No way! I have the worst eyebags!”

Chanyeol snickered. “No, you’re beautiful just the way you are. I mean it’s okay if you put eyeliner, but right now you’re really beautiful.”

Baekhyun blushed and kept hiding his bare face. But Chanyeol kept complimenting him making Baekhyun give up and put his hands down.

“Anyway, Boss Luhan called me and said that you might need me. Did you need something else?” Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun stared straight into Chanyeol’s hazel orbs.

“I’m going to tell you my secret, but of course only if you want to listen.” Baekhyun shifted in the bed to make himself more comfortable.

“Are you ready to tell me your secret?” Chanyeol asked him hesistantly.

Baekhyun nodded as he started his story. How he met a handsome and tall guy, Shim Changmin for the first time, how they fell in love at first sight, how they chose to live together, how they had financial problems but were still happy as long as they were together, how they saved their money to get married in another country, how the disaster started, when Changmin lost his job, started to get drunk every day, and even used their savings to buy alcohol, how the handsome guy changed into an alcoholic, and how finally…. Baekhyun became a domestic abuse victim.

“So, finally I decided I had enough. I ran away to Seoul and tried to find a job. Luckily, I met Luhan and that’s when I started to work as a waiter. I told Luhan and the staffs except Kris that had just joined, about my secret since I came with bruises all over my face. I changed. I didn’t like getting attached to new people. Except for the Karma Café’s staffs that were always so kind to me. I used eyeliner to hide my eyebags. I never sleep peacefully after the abuse thing happened. Before, Kris, the bartender, liked me. No, he just randomly chased after me because he thought that my type was a handsome and tall guy. Well… he kinda fitted the criteria. But of course I don’t like the type anymore after what happened between me and Changmin. And, I think he know the reason now because he stopped chasing me and looks at me with a guilty gaze. Hahaha.” Baekhyun laughed mindlessly in the middle of his story and continued.

“Then, yeah, I became the rude and sassy Byun Baekhyun. Most of the café guests don’t like me and prefer Tao as their waiter, so I was totally surprised when I met you and you told me about my unnatural attitude. I just thought what the hell does this guy think he knows about me? But you looked very sincere and now I trust you and have sincerely told my story.” Baekhyun exhaled after his long story telling.

Chanyeol froze in his seat. “Are you still in love with that Changmin guy?” He asked bitterly, scared to hear the worst answer.

Baekhyun shook his head. “It’s all in the past. I’m a new Byun Baekhyun. Even though he regrets what he did to me, I think I’ve had enough. I’m gonna forgive him for what he did, but there’s a new future for me.” Baekhyun smiled.

“I’m sorry for my weird question, but is your future has something with me?” Chanyeol asked and awkwardly scratched his head.

Baekhyun gave him a judging look. “Um…. maybe. If you can give me strength.”

Chanyeol grinned. “What strength do you need?”

“Please hold my hand and tell me everything will be okay. I need to talk with Changmin after this.” Baekhyun slid his hands into Chanyeol’s.

Chanyeol shifted nervously at first, but almost immediately held Baekhyun’s dainty hands tighter. “Everything will be alright. You will be alright. No one can hurt you anymore.” Like a spell, it made Baekhyun ten times more confident.

“Thank you.” Baekhyun kept holding Chanyeol’s hand for a few more moments. It was really warm and Baekhyun felt completely safe.

“Did you want me to accompany you? I swear I won’t interrupt your talk, though I might kick his if he’s rude to you.” Chanyeol said jokingly.

Baekhyun laughed and shook his head. “It’s okay. I mastered in hapkido if you remember.”

Chanyeol pouted cutely. “I should learn some martial arts soon.”

“I’ll teach you.” Baekhyun promised. “But if I remember how clumsy you are….”

Chanyeol messed Baekhyun’s hair playfully. “I’ll call that guy in now.”

“Alright. Don’t do something stupid.” Baekhyun warned him.

Chanyeol nodded understandingly. “Any last words?” He asked to Baekhyun as his hand held the doorknob.

“Don’t stand too far away from the door.” Baekhyun instructed.

“Alright, Princess. As you wish.” Chanyeol bowed dramatically and left to call Changmin.

***

Changmin entered Baekhyun’s room nervously after he got the message from the tall guy with large ears.

“Baekhyunie.” Changmin called to him as he walked closer.

Baekhyun’s expression stayed totally calm. At least he tried to look calm as possible despite his loud heart beat.

“How’s your condition? Are you okay now?” Changmin asked as he sat beside Baekhyun.

“Yeah. I’m fine, thank you.” Baekhyun answered firmly.

“I’m so happy. I’ve finally found you. We can go back to what it was like before. I got treatment, Baekhyunie. From Kyuhyun. You know he’s a psychiatrist now right? I’m totally better. I won’t hurt you anymore. I regret everything. Please believe me and please let us build our relationship once more. Will you give me another chance?” Changmin said in his sweetest voice ever. The voice that Baekhyun missed before…. but not anymore.

“First, I forgive you. Despite the scars that you gave me, you were still the one that first showered me with love. But, I’m so sorry Changminnie. I can’t and I won’t go back with you. It’s already over between us. I hope you will understand.” Baekhyun tried to say calmly though his heart was beating so fast.

Changmin looked so hurt. “But… but I’ve totally change, Baekhyunie. Believe me! You should ask Kyuhyun! And about my parents, they accepted my orientation now!” Changmin grabbed Baekhyun’s hand suddenly.

“No, Changmin. It’s over between us. I have a new future for me.” Baekhyun said and was frightened by the fact that Changmin grabbed his hand.

Changmin released Baekhyun’s hand. “Is the guy that delivered your message is your new future?” Changmin asked with a hurt expression.

“Yes.” Baekhyun said steadily.

“Are… you sure?” Changmin pushed on.

“Yes, I’m sure.” Baekhyun answered.

Changmin sighed and stared at Baekhyun. “You look so sure and it felt different when you were with me before. Is he really kind?”

“Yes.” Baekhyun whispered. “I can trust him.”

Changmin ruffled his hair, a little frustrated. “I hope he’s a really good guy. I’m sorry for hurting you, Baekhyunie. I’m sorry for our bad relationship. Sorry, I can’t become the perfect man for you. Thank you for always being beside me back then, thank you for your love and thank you for your forgiveness.” Changmin looked up at the ceiling as his tears fell from his face.

“Thank you for always loving me Changminnie. I hope you will found your true love someday. Just remember, don’t hurt him. It’s enough only me. Good bye Shim Changmin.” Baekhyun ended their conversation.

“Good bye Byun Baekhyun.” Changmin left and Baekhyun felt he like a huge burden had been lifted from his heart.

***

One week later…………..

Karma Café ran smoothly after Baekhyun was discharged from the hospital. He’s now more bright than ever and and uses less eyeliner.

Luhan called the staffs during lunchtime. He waited until everyone was seated except for  Suho and Yixing who were standing next to Luhan.

“As you know, love beautifully blossomed inside our kitchen.” Luhan winked to Yixing and Junmyeon’s directions.

“ZHANG YIXING AND KIM JUNMYEON WILL GETTING MARRIED!” Luhan announced loudly, or rather, shrieked a little.

“WHATTTT????” All the staffs responded simultaneously.

“Where?!” Tao asked confusedly.

“Well… we chose Spain.” Yixing answered and grinned.

“We can’t come.” Baekhyun deadpanned, booing the couples, which was followed with some loud shouts of agreement.

“Alright, calm down everyone. Now, Yixing will introduce our new chefs.” Luhan told the staffs.

“Guys, here are the new to chefs that will be substitute Junmyeon and I.” Yixing walked to the front door of the café and opened it.

Two handsome guys entered with Yixing and stood in front of them.

“Here’s Lee Seungyeol.” Yixing pointed to the first guy. He’s tall and has a wide smile.

“Hello, I’m Lee Seungyeol.” Seungyeol introduced himself.

“And this is Kim Myungsoo.” Yixing pointed to the second guy. He’s shorter than Seungyeol but he has squinted eyes and charisma.

“Hello, I’m Kim Myungsoo. Nice to meet you all,” Myungsoo stepped forward and introduced himself.

“Okay! Seungyeol and Myungsoo will start work from next Monday. Alright, you’re all dismissed now. Yixing, Junmyeon you can bring them to the kitchen. If you need me, you can found me in my office. Minseok, I need talk to you. My office now.” Luhan dismissed everyone and called Minseok to follow him.

Minseok rose from the sat and followed Luhan lazily entering his office.

“What’s wrong with you? Are you feeling unwell?” Luhan said caringly.

Minseok shook his head.

“It’s just because Kim Jongdae?” Minseok’s expression shifted, letting Luhan know he had guessed it right.

“You just keep playing the music box that you got from Jongdae. If you want to meet him, just meet him.” Luhan said desperately.

“It’ll be awkward. I should hate him but why do I missed him?” Minseok facepalmed.

Luhan circled his hand around Minseok’s shoulder. “It’s called love, Minseok Dear. We can’t control who will we love, but at least we can convey our feelings.”

***

The highschool boys sat together at school park as they talked about their future. Today is their final test.

“WHEN DID YOU START DATING?” Chanyeol yelled helplessly when he found out about Jongin and Kyungsoo.

“It’s Christmas Eve. We’re so busy with our final test and we’ve not talking much lately.” Kyungsoo said.

“Yeah! How about you and the café waiter, Baekhyun?” Jongin asked the tall guy.

“It’s good. Well, we’re not dating yet because Baekhyun is still trying to heal his scars from the past with my help. He’s similar with Jimin and they love the same pudding brands. My money is spent a lot with them!” Chanyeol sighed but spoke happily.

“How about you and the boss?” Kyungsoo turned to Sehun.

“We’re cool. Luhan already met my parents and my parents totally like him! We feel comfortable around each other.” Sehun beamed.

“And you? You don’t look good, Jongdae-ya.” Jongin moved his eyes to Jongdae.

“Me? The end.” Jongdae answered shortly.

“What?” Kyungsoo frowned. “You haven’t even started yet.”

“What happened, Dude?” Chanyeol asked caringly.

“He’s not interested in me okay. He hates me.” Jongdae said firmly.

“Are you sure? I mean did you hear that directly from him?” Kyungsoo asked, in an attempt to make his friend feel better.

Jongdae didn’t answer.

“So you can’t conclude that by yourself, Jongdae-ya.” Kyungsoo continued. “Does he know your plans to continue your study in Toronto?”

Jongdae shook his head.

“Aigoo! You’re so helpless!” Sehun facepalmed.

“Don’t dare to tell Luhan or anyone from the café!” Jongdae warned his bestfriends.

“Okay guys let’s move to another topic so Jongdae can stop being cranky.” Kyungsoo glared at the despondent, frowning guy. “What are your plans after highschool? You don’t need to answer, Jongdae-ya.”

“I will continue to Leiden University in Netherland.” Sehun answered quickly. “And maybe…. get married.” Sehun grinned as Luhan flashed in his mind.

“What about you Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol asked.

“I’ll try to get into MIT (Masachusetts Institute of Technology).” Kyungsoo said steadily.

“What? You’re leaving me to go to America? You didn’t tell me!” Jongin couldn’t hide his shock.

“I just tried the test Jonginnie. It’s still undecided if I will pass or fail. If I failed, don’t worry I’ll try KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology) instead.” Kyungsoo flicked Jongin’s nose playfully.

Jongin pouted.

“How about you then Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo shifted his gaze to Chanyeol.

“Seoul National University. Jongin, how about you?” Chanyeol turned to pouting Jongin.

“He’ll try K-ARTS (Korea National University of Arts).” Kyungsoo answered on Jongin’s behalf.

“Alright then. What if we do the fighting once? For our next test and our future?” Chanyeol suggested as he put his hand in first. The others followed him.

“FIGHTING FOR US!” The five of them shouted their fighting spirit to take their university tests.

***

Incheon Airport, the day of Yixing and Junmyeon’s departure

“I will miss the both of you so much!” Luhan embraced his two lovely ex-chefs.

“Don’t worry Luhannie, we will call you often.” Yixing reassured him.

Junmyeon and Yixing moved to Kris and Tao.

“Congratulations to your new relationship.” Junmyeon held Tao’s hand. “Don’t ever think about hurting Tao, Kris. I’ll cut off your whole !” Junmyeon threatened and made Kris feel a little bit offended.

“Happy wedding. Call us often.” Tao said to Junmyeon.

“Of course Dear.” Junmyeon hugged the magnae.

They left the newly formed couple and met with Baekhyun and Minseok.

“I hope you will always be healthy and have a better future with Park Chanyeol.” Junmyeon told Baekhyun sincerely after placing a warm hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“Thank you Junmyeon. Have a great wedding!” Baekhyun beamed.

“And you,” Junmyeon moved to Minseok. “Stop being a fool! Tell him how you feel before it’s too late and you’ll regret it.”

Minseok almost pouted but tried to smile. “Thanks for the advice. Be safe, call us.”

Yixing and Junmyeon hugged the staffs for some moments until it was time for them to leave.

“We should leave now. Be healthy and happy everyone.” Yixing said before he entered the departure gate.

The café’s staffs waved until Yixing and Junmyeon disappeared inside the departure gate…

***

Karma Café, the day of Jongdae’s departure, 12.30 PM

Time flies so fast. The highschool boys already graduated yesterday. Sehun, Chanyeol, Jongdae, Kyungsoo and Jongin. And today, Jongdae will go to Toronto to take the university test.

Luhan sat in his office and opened his phone which had just vibrated. A new message.

 

From: Oh Sehun

To: Luhan

 

Jongdae will take off today.

Are you sure Minseok won’t go to

see him for the last time?

 

Luhan typed quickly.

 

To: Oh Sehun

From: Luhan

 

When is the exact time of his flight?

 

Sehun replied so fast.

 

From: Oh Sehun

To: Luhan

01.30 PM. one hour from now.

 

Luhan went out from his office and approached Minseok at coffee corner.

“Are you sure you won’t regret?” Luhan asked directly.

Minseok frowned. “What did you say?”

“Jongdae will take off today. Sehun just told me. Are you really going to ignore it?” Luhan asked again.

Minseok widened his eyes. “His flight is today?”

“At 01.30 PM. What will you do now, Kim Minseok? Will you chase after him or being  a fool  just regret it in the corner of this café.” Luhan tried to bait him.

Minseok bit his lips. Does he really want to meet Jongdae?

***

Incheon Airport, the day of Jongdae’s departure, 01.10 PM

“Are you sure you won’t let the barista, Kim Minseok, come here too?” Kyungsoo asked Jongdae for seventh time.

“No. No one from the café knows about my flight today. They don’t right?” Jongdae stared suspiciously at Sehun and Chanyeol.

Sehun deadpanned and hide his phone in his pocket. Chanyeol and he shook their heads simultaneously.

“Alright then I think I should enter now.” Jongdae said with a burdened heart.

Kyungsoo and Jongin hugged him together. “Stay safe and healthy. Don’t forget to call us.”

“Don’t worry, I just took the test there.” Jongdae grinned.

“You should come back soon.” Chanyeol added.

Jongdae nodded as they hugged each other. The last person Jongdae moved to was Sehun.

“Take care Jongdae-ya.” Sehun said caringly.

“You too, Sehunnie.” Jongdae answered and they also hugged each other.

Jongdae freed himself from Sehun’s embrace and entered the departure gate….

***

Incheon Airport, the day of Jongdae’s departure, 01.20 PM

Minseok ran like crazy in the airport corridor. He finally found the departure gate but a lady blocked him.

“I’m sorry Sir. Please show me your ticket.” the lady said in a mannered tone.

Minseok put on his best puppy eyes look. “I don’t have ticket but Ma’am, I’m sorry I need to see someone. I should’ve told him something. This is really important.”

“I’m sorry I can’t let you in. That’s the rule. Show me the ticket and you can enter.” The lady said firmly.

Minseok grabbed the lady’s hand. “I beg you please just let me enter for five minutes! Please just five minutes will work. Please Ma’am… please! This is really important!”

The lady try to release herself from Minseok’s grip but finally gave up.

“Okay Sir I will help you just this once. Only five minutes no more.” The lady let Minseok walk through the gate.

“Thank you so much! I owe you!” Minseok yelled happily, ran through and tried to search for the boarding gate to Jongdae’s plane.

***

Inside the plane, the day of Jongdae’s departure, 01.25 PM

Jongdae put his backpack above him and positioned himself comfortably.

He actually couldn’t stop thinking about Minseok. Jongdae felt a little hurt and deep inside his heart he really wanted to meet Minseok before he left. The plane will take off in five minutes.

Jongdae leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes slowly. When he heard a low voice, “Kim Jongdae! Kim Jongdae where are you?”

Jongdae smiled helplessly. Even Minseok’s voice was still lingering inside his mind.

“There you are!” Now the voice was too real to be just inside his mind. Jongdae slowly opened his eyes and found a red-faced Kim Minseok.

“Min… seok-ssi?” Jongdae widened his eyes.

Minseok was being followed by the plane stewardess. The stewardess kept telling him to get out because the plane will take off in five minutes.

“Wait.” he said and tried to catch a breath. “I want to talk to him for a moment.” Minseok told the stewardess.

“How come…,” Jongdae asked but suddenly Minseok grabbed his collar.

“FROM SEHUN! HE MESSAGED LUHAN AND HOW DARE YOU DIDN’T TELL ME ANYTHING AND JUST LEFT AND JUST… JUST LEFT ME WITH THE MUSIC BOX AS A CHRISTMAS GIFT????” Minseok yelled crazily and the passengers turned their head to the loud ruckus that was happening inside the plane.

“But, I think you…,” Jongdae tried to defend himself.

Minseok grabbed Jongdae’s collar more tightly. “PABO! I LIKE YOU! I know I’m a pabo too and I only just realized, but when you didn’t go and meet me I felt so empty. I hate the feeling and I don’t know why. I feel more hurt when I found out that you’re going to Toronto and didn’t tell me! I must be crazy and I…. I played the music box from you everyday since the last time you visited me so I think… I think I can’t keep myself to stop think of you and yeah… maybe I like you. I don’t know.” Minseok put his hands down and avoided Jongdae’s gaze.

Jongdae stared at the chubby barista. “ Are you sure?”

Minseok stared back. “I don’t know. I totally like mature guys but… I missed your jokes, I missed your voice, I even missed how you looked in your uniform and your messy hair. , what happened to me?” Minseok ruffled his hair and without him realizing Jongdae put his lips on his.

“It means, I successfully made you fall for me.” Jongdae grinned cheekily at the blushed barista.

Minseok widened his eyes and put his hand on his lips while some passengers clapped their hands, while others were shouting crazily after they saw Jongdae’s action and heard his cheesy lines.

Jongdae laughed. “Don’t worry I’ll back soon. Pray for me for this test, okay?”

Minseok just nodded as his mind was still dizzy after the unexpected kiss.

“I’m sorry, Sir you need to go down now. The plane will take off now.” The stewardess told Minseok.

Jongdae held Minseok’s hand. “Thank you for coming here.”

“Be safe. I’ll wait here. Good luck!” after his last words, Minseok rubbed Jongdae’s hand and released it.

They waved to each other with a different feeling inside their heart now. The best feeling ever for Kim Jongdae and Kim Minseok………

***

A few days later….

“You know we’re successful in uniting Minseok and Jongdae.” Sehun said when he visited Karma Café.

“Yeah. I’m so happy.” Luhan beamed.

Sehun thought for a moment. “Um… Luhannie?”

“Yeah?” Luhan glanced to the younger.

“I already graduated and you know that I will continue to Leiden University, right?” Sehun asked.

“Congratulations anyway Sehunnie. I know it, so?” Luhan asked back.

“Will you like to stay there with me and maybe marry me? Netherland is a country that has legalized same marriage.” Sehun scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

Luhan doe-eyes widened and he chuckled. “I’ll think about it, but please study hard on your test first.”

Sehun beamed as he embraced the older. “Don’t worry I’ll work hard.”

***

“What if you entered MIT?” Jongin kept asking the same question over and over as they studied together for their next university test.

Kyungsoo exhaled as he put down his book. “I promise I’ll call you everyday if I really enter MIT.”

“You promise.” Jongin said cutely as he stuck out his pinky finger.

“I promise.” Kyungsoo said as they linked their pinky fingers together.

***

“You should learn more if you want to enter Seoul National University!” Baekhyun nagged as he accompanied Chanyeol studying at Chanyeol’s house.

“I can’t focus when I’m with you.” Chanyeol groaned desperately.

Baekhyun puffed his cheeks out and took his favorite pudding that Chanyeol prepared for him earlier. But suddenly someone snatched it from his hand. Baekhyun widened his eyes as Jimin ran away with the pudding.

“Yah! Park Jimin!” Chanyeol try to chase the little culprit since he wanted to run away from his study thing.

Baekhyun sighed as he saw the two brothers fight over the pudding.

***

“What? Qingdao?” Kris asked to Tao.

Tao nodded. “I told my parents about our relationship and they… they want to meet you.”

Kris seemed surprised though he tried to control his expression. “Am I decent to meet them?”

Tao stared warmly the tall bartender. “You’re fine. I bet they’ll like you! Don’t worry, my parents are bright.”

Kris nodded understandingly as Tao intertwined their hands together.

***

Finally, this is the ending….. T___T From the day I had the idea and I wrote it down, I never expected everyone will supporting me and always encouraging me until today *sobs* I’m not good in writing and ended something >_< but thank you so much for lots of love that you give to Karma Café and also to me as the author. Don’t worry I’ll write the epilogue (one year later) on chapter 13. Please kindly wait for it ^^ Thank you for all the upvoters, the subs, and you that always bring kind comments to this story <3 Thank you too for my lovely Gabby, ByunBaozi03757 for helping this story as well ^^ Last but not the least, I started new fanfic and please give lots of love too XD Thanks again, good bye and let’s meet soon

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!

Nana - secretyeoja -