one

Not As Expected

As usual, Kyungsoo trace a sidewalk underneath his sneakers shoes, being lighted by street light, walking back home after hang-out with his two best friends, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. He has been accompanied by his shadow behind and sometimes on his side. Today, the road feels so chill and there isn’t any sounds of neither machine nor human steps, excessively looks desolate.

The silent crack along with blurred voice from the opposite side in front him. There is someone running to the way where Kyungsoo standing right now. Kyungsoo spots this guy figure has tanned skin, long and muscled legs, and sharp jaw line which is soaked by his sweat. Behind him, there are five huge people wear black coat keep yelling and running like a wild cheetah wanna its prey and leave the skeleton behind.

This guy is getting closer to Kyungsoo and slowly stares to him while his lips making a wistful grimace. Kyungsoo can’t realize what is going on around him right now and by the time he realizes and turns around again, the guy and the other have gone.

…………………………………………………

The bell is ringing, not only the students who start running to each classes, Kyungsoo along with those two best friends also go ahead to their class. On their way, Kyungsoo’s step is stopped when he sees a sleeping guy on the chair under the ginkgo tree that doesn’t pay any attention for this noisy ringing bell.

“Who is he?” Kyungsoo asked to Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“I don’t know either,” they are answered synchronously.

“I think, he isn’t from our school because I haven’t seen that guy since 3 years, what about you, Hyunnie?” Chanyeol asked for Baekhyun’s response and put his left arm on to baekhyun’s waist. “Me too, I’ve never seen his around here.” Baekhyun replied with giggled.

“I see. Ehm…guys, you two should go first.” Kyungsoo’s eyes have been clung to the person right there.

Before going in to the class, Baekhyun asks to Kyungsoo, “Don’t forget about my invitation earlier, a small party at my house exactly at 8 pm. Okay Kyungsoo-ya?”

“Yapp… I’ll come! I promise.” Kyungsoo winks while his thumb indicates an okay sign.

Then, Kyungsoo little by little comes to the mysterious guy to wake him up.

Before Kyungsoo has time to try, suddenly this guy is getting up. Kyungsoo startles, sweat prickling his pores and he does not know what he should do and before he has time to think about, the guy is looking intently at him.

“Hi, you again?” a noticeably smirk on his face. “but sorry, I got to go. This isn’t my place to going around like this.” He left the speechless person behind.

Well, this is so awkward and bizarre atmosphere.

 Kyungsoo silences by this guy.

This guy is so weird and looks so mysterious.

Kyungsoo sighs and mutters to himself (a habit) and heading to class.

…………………………………………………

Baekhyun’s house becomes loud because of a party there. Tonight is the 1st anniversary celebration party for him and Chanyeol.

“Hi guys, sorry for little late. I have to drive my father to the hospital because suddenly there was a surgery scheduled to lead by my father.” Kyungsoo said on arrival at baekhyun home.

“But you don’t forget a present for our anniversary, right?” Chanyeol butts in with laugh that showed his neatly lined up teeth. “We are waiting for your present instead of you,” Baekhyun chimes with his jokes.

“Haha… absolutely not Chanyeol and thank you for your honesty Baekhyun,” Kyungsoo sighs while giving his present, a rounded sky blue one with pretty white ribbon wrapped around.

The night flies so fast when Kyungsoo together with his beloved friends whom he can lean on anytime. The clock shows 12 o’clock or midnight. Kyungsoo has to say goodbye and go back home.

At a flower garden near his house, Kyungsoo sees someone whom he met at school today. This guy is not so far yet so close from him. For ensuring his suspicious about him, Kyungsoo walks to the direction where this guy stands at. However after he got there, he losts track of him.

Out of sudden from behind, there is someone pulling Kyungsoo to a little light place and embrace him from behind while covered Kyungsoo’s mouth. Kyungsoo is surprised but he isn’t able to scream after he heard the whispers behind him.

“Don’t scream, it's me,” whispers a man whose his voice seems familiar in his ears.

A yank slammed into the clockwork pace of Kyungsoo’s brain.

“Hah?” only a tiny and hoarse voice coming out from kyungsoo after gulps his best where his mouth is still in the hands of the man behind him.

Afterwards the guy releases his hand, and lets Kyungsoo turns to him.

Under the moonlight, the silhouette of the guy in front of him is clearly manifest and there is also a fresh blood on his lips.

He is the guy whom he searched just now.

The guy who’s at his school this noon,

The guy who was running around and smiling as he passed and making Kyungsoo feel tremble in his brain.

“Is there any business with me?” rough voice comes out from this mysterious guy. “Why are you trailing me?” He asks while endures the pain on his lips.

“Actually I’ve just passed this way to go back my home and unintentionally saw you here. So…then…ehm…” He saw a fresh blood on the guy’s lips. “How could your lips get bleeding? Rub your blood with this,” Kyungsoo searches for his handkerchief in his pocket.

“No need. It will recover if I it.” He answered unexpectedly.

 “How can it recover if it is only by yourself?? You’re so funny...haha.” Kyungsoo tried to light up.

“I’m not...Yaaaa~ This is midnight. Just go home and see you later,” Jongin quickly drags his feet leaving that place.

“Hey….wait, I’m Kyungsoo by the way,” Kyungsoo shouts to the man who’s already 5 metres away from him. “Who’s your name?” He braces himself to ask.

while his hands ruffle his hair in the distance, “Jongin.”

And that night finally Kyungsoo knows who the mysterious guy’s name is, Jongin.

…………………………………………………

The following night, Kyungsoo is alone at home, as always because his father has to work at the hospital.

He is working on his homework accompanied by his penguin nightstand, his favorite animal since childhood. But he can’t really focus to do it. He has no idea why it happens lately.

The faint silent brokes while Kyungsoo hears a loud thump at his bedroom window which is at second floor, just like when someone throws something at it. He tries to look at the window and his jaw hang out of surprise because there is Jongin, the mysterious guy who standing outside his front yard.

“I want to see you,” Jongin explodes his words after Kyungsoo find him outside.

“Honestly, I want to see you too, Jongin,” he can’t lie to himself. His heart feels like it is going to burst because it throbbed too fast but he’s happy, it’s weird.

Under the moonlight, they are sitting on a swing side by side at a flower park near Kyungsoo’s house.

“why do you want to see me?” Kyungsoo starts the conversation awkwardly.

Jongin is fluttering, “I…I don’t know why I do this. My heart is just pushing me to go to see you.”

Kyungsoo’s cheek as red as boiled crab, “Me too..i don’t think I know the reason why I want to see you as well, Jongin.”

“Hmm….Jongin, I sense last night you also wore that bracelet, didn’t you?” Kyungsoo mentioning the bracelet that Jongin’s wore the night he closed Kyungsoo’s mouth with his hand. The bracelet, with an S letter engraved on it, which is shunned if it is struck by the light. 

 “Actually this was my brother’s bracelet, Sehun. He used to wear this bracelet when he is alive.”

“When he is alive?? You mean, your brother has passed away??” Kyungsoo asks him shocked.

“Sehun passed away because of sickness. He got pneumonia when he was 10 years old. He is all I have, but now, I’m here, being all alone and…” Jongin freezes a second. The person next to him disappear and swiftly he feels the warmness at the back of his head.

“Don’t say that rubbish anymore. I am here, I am always here for you.” Kyungsoo back hugs him.

Jongin takes a couple deep breaths “Will you???”

“But now I am struggling to breathe, Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes popping out and he’s starting to feel embarrassed. He quickly pulls his hug to Jongin. “Oh…I’m sorry…I just wanna comfort you or maybe I am not in my right mind now.”

“This dumb Kyungsoo, hahaha…,” Jongin laughs merrily. “Why does your face look so sorry to me?” He pinched kyungsoo’s nose while derides at the cutest person in front of him.

“Really? So I won’t,” Kyungsoo grins for him as fast as teleport.

“You know, the way you smile is like a drug to me. So please keep your dazzling smile if you are here with me.”

“O-okay.. As you wish, Jongin.” Kyungsoo stutters with a nervous contour of tension running through his spine.

“Listen,” Jongin grasp kyungsoo hands and plant his eyes into him. “Kyungsoo-ya~, I’m sorry if it sounds too hasty, but if I don’t tell this, probably I won’t have relief breathe soon. I fell head over heels for you the first time we met. Your angelic face and voice has captured my heart. I.. I want to have you, would you be my boyfriend?”  

Feels like choking, Kyungsoo don’t know what to say, “this is too early just like you said before. But I can’t deny that i got a bizarre feelings to you from the first time. It feels like a missing piece in my puzzle has found by you. So, I say YES.”

Slow but sure showered by the moonlight at the flower park, Jongin lowering his head slightly and enclosing Kyungsoo’s hand with his own. He’s getting closer to Kyungsoo. Closer…and closer…

And….they’re trading an affectionately and deep kiss. Jongin gets Kyungsoo’s plump lips and so does Kyungsoo, he gets the wet and y lips of Jongin.  

…………………………………………………

The following nights don’t feel the same as before. Jongin starts to visit Kyungsoo’s house every night, and tonight as well.

“I love you.” Jongin whispers by Kyungsoo’s ears when they’re cuddling at the living room.

“Me too, I love you.” Kyungsoo squeals in embarassment and make a glance up at him through his eyelashes. There’s something about the joy in knowing that Jongin is here with him.

“Why don’t we eat or drink something? I’ll buy it for us. Wait for me,okay?” Jongin stands up and pecks kyungsoo’s cheek. He goes from the house quite a while.

Kyungsoo realizes that Jongin forgot his phone which he put on the table. His sense out of the blue wanna takes a look on Jongin’s phone and he finds out as well as he tries to open “A Promise for Sehun” memo in the memo app.

I am so sorry Sehun. I’ve brought you to the doctor who couldn’t diagnose you properly. That bastard,Doctor Do Joon Myeon. I promise to you Sehun, I will never let him to go around freely. But now I think it’s better not to touch a single hair of him. I want this damn doctor suffering while seeing his one and only son hurts. I will make his son, Do Kyungsoo suffering for his entire life.

The phone falls and Kyungsoo’s jaw drops as well. Tangled emotions and feels like a meteorite fall from the sky and smash him right now.

He tremendously shocks by those harsh words in the memo.

The person in front of the door drops the plastic bag and runs to Kyungsoo.

“What happened Kyungsoo?” Jongin scared by Kyungsoo’s red and intense eyes. Maybe the bad thing has just happened.

“You…You’ve deceived me. How could you do this to me??? Why are you toying with my heart like a game?? And you want to what?? Makes me suffering for my entire life?? You are such a jerk, such inconsiderate piece of , Jongin!!” He let it out while his tears are streaming down from his disappointed eyes.   

Like a windy storm in the clear day. Right, the bad thing has been happened. “My Sehun died because of your dad. Your dad told me that Sehun is fine, Sehun was just getting fever a bit. But you know what? The next day, he was dying on his bed. Suffering so hard only for taking breath then he leave this world forever!! Do you know how hard it was for me??” Finally Jongin revealed the truth for Kyungsoo, the bitter truth for them.  

“This isn’t true…, right Jongin?? Tell me this is unreal. Your feeling, your warmness that you give to me is real right?”

“Kyungsoo, please I’ll tell you first. I am only…..” Jongin has no time for explaining and on the other hand, Kyungsoo doesn’t have time for listening.  

“So, this was all planned, everything is just of lies. You make me fall in love with you till I can’t live without you, so you can easily break my heart into pieces anytime you want. Please, get the hell away from me and don’t ever come back to me!!!” Kyungsoo snaps and the damn tears won’t stop running down his already damped cheek.

“Let me tell you first Kyungsoo…at first this is real, but these days, I have tried so ing hard to remember my resentment for Sehun. But I realize, I just can’t. The more I try, the more I like you. I’ve fallen for you Kyungsoo…please, will you forget this matter?? I can’t live without you Kyungsoo. I do love you and I want you always beside me.” Jongin explains and begs as hard as he can.  

“Jongin…” Kyungsoo is taken aback. “Actually I want to curse you so badly. But…I don’t know why I can’t do that. I am so in love with you and I want you always beside me as well. Promise me from your deepest heart, you won’t do that again and make this matter never exist in our life.”

“Kyungsoo, I am truly sorry and I promise it never happen for a second time. Would you forgive me?”

“My brain, my heart, my soul will always be forgiving you, Jongin.” Jongin hugs then kisses Kyungsoo and soon their clothes are thrown on the floor, celebrating their passionate love on the couch at the living room. Because the heater in Kyungsoo’s house is under reconstruction, they are using their body to warm the freezing flesh and bones. So the night is fallen like there are no one in this world except these two lovers.  

…………………………………………………

Jongin wakes up in early dawn only to find kyungsoo isn’t there. The white sticky note sticks on the table, he takes a glance at the note where Kyungsoo wrote on it.

 

I’ll be waiting for you at flower park. I wanna show you, a beautiful sunrise over there. Chu~ Your Love

 

Coming over for Kyungsoo to the flower park, Jongin stops his track abruptly after go out from Kyungsoo’s house. The bloods trickle down from his back.

“Hahaha....finally I can find you. You’ve avoided my boss for thousand times. Why don’t you just pay off your entire brother hospital fee?? You are the one who’ll be suffered by your action. My boss will let you go if only you die. And now you’ll die in some seconds, hahaha…” The man walks off and leaves the dying Jongin behind.

“I…… I have to go. My Kyungsoo is waiting for me out there.” Jongin tries to walk as natural as he can and keep the pain himself.

“Jonginnah~ why are you so late?? I am almost fossilized here” Kyungsoo is getting irritated and throwing his tantrum to Jongin who can only smile to hide his pain.

“Yaaa…why do we have to watch the sunrise?? Is that really beautiful?” Jongin talked in exhausted voice.

“Just stop your chit-chat mouth, and sit with me here.” Kyungsoo points a space beside him. And just like what Kyungsoo said, the sun is going up wonderfully behind the mountain ahead them. 

“You see so beautiful right?” Happy Kyungsoo is happy.

“Yeah…you’re right. This is the first time I saw a very beautiful sunrise.”

“I told you...but, why do your lips look so pale, Jongin?” Kyungsoo worries. “Come here, I’ll make you warm.” Kyungsoo leans in and kisses him affectionately then wraps his arm around Jongin’s waist.

“I love you. I really…really love you. It’s so wonderful that I’ve met you and I am glad because no one or not a single thing can beat my happiness over you. Thank you for all the time you’ve given to me.” Teary eyes from pain, happiness, and sadness become one in Jongin’s eyes.

“Why are you out of the blue saying such cheesy words for me?” Kyungsoo struggles to breath because of Jongin’s words. “Me too, I love you. Always….forever….”

The corner of Jongin’s lips is rising.

At that moment, Jongin almost can’t breathe and everything is hurt and starts to spin.  

His head is falling over Kyungsoo’s narrow shoulder.

…………………………………………………

Jongin will never see the beautiful sunrise again. Now, he is in a much better place, a place which only a beautiful peace awaited for him, where there is no grudge anymore.  

Kyungsoo holds Jongin’s phone and takes a look for second time. There is a new memo, “For Kyungsoo whom I love”. Four days before he left this world.

I think my time will be going over. I’ve been targeted by mafia who ordered by his boss. The boss has lent me a bunch of money for Sehun’s treatment back then. I still can’t repay him ‘till this day. Besides this matter, I wanna take revenge to your dad. But all I did is failed. I failed because I like you, I’ve fallen for you. At first, I thought, my heart will become numb as Sehun’s death. You, who encounter my life, have been saved me so I often wondered what I did to deserve an angel like you. Kyungsoo ya~ please remain me in your life and so do I.”