Infinite

The only one.

He was 15 years old the first time his eyes lay in the screen. The tall, blonde figure of a program was watching at him, smiling softly and opening his big, shinny eyes to look only at him. A huge progress of technology, indeed….

“How are you Minseok…?” it sounded mechanical, but beautiful none the last “I’m here to make you happy, to love you, to be yours…”

Short words, but that was ok. Neither Minseok had the capacity of talk with other humans….

--

When he has 23 there was a commercial on the Tv. It was beyond weird that exactly that day, at that hour, he decided to separate from his computer the time enough to go and see tv, something he didn’t do since a long…long time ago.

“¿Are you tired of keeping only chats with your product E.X:O???!! There’s not a better way to enjoy the full emotion of romance…?!”

--

It was a weird artifact, full of cables, full of little pieces that Minseok didn’t have the patience to put in their right place… A lot of instructions and rules of what not to do.

At the end, he just pushed the “on” button and hoped for the best, while the same sweet, pixelated face of his boyfriend of eight years appeared in a screen over a series of tubes, an exoskeleton made of iron and tinny pieces of plastic.

But he had hands and could move freely around the house.

“i…I have a body….Oh..my…minnie…MINNIE!!”

It was the same robotic voice, but Minseok knew it, he was the happiest Lu:Han program on the planet.

---

It wasn’t easy for both of them to get used to the new change, at the beginning Luhan felt almost every day, accidentally pushing his “on” button and laying like a corpse in the middle of the room. The pieces fell off, making almost impossible for Minseok to find them, just time latter when he was cleaning the room with his vacuum cleaner and the sound of “tlick tlack” announced the little piece from inside the machine.

So, he decided to put him some clothes, just a hat, to protect the button, a long sleeve shirt and some jeans, even when they hang out very loosely over the “body” of Luhan, it make it feel more…alive, almost human.

They even keep the smell of plastic and iron after one or two months, and Minseok was more than happy because of that.

It was almost like having a real boyfriend, one who wakes up in the morning and asks where are his clothes, that says hello and gives cold, plain kisses in the cheek while hugging him from behind, asking what’s for breakfast.

Is always just rice, eggs and kimchi with a coup of coffe…

---

 

For the time they said they have the newest, the greatest, the most amazing thing for your E.X:O unit, Minseok has 27 years old, but this time, he is seated with Luhan in the living room, watching the Tv and all the little holograms projecting out of it.

Is really expensive, the new attachment, he can’t afford it. But his wallet became slightly heavier when he sees Luhan touching the plastic, holographic body, turning around a couple of times for the audience to check its quality.

Maybe…maybe he has the money…

Maybe he can finally lose all that extra weight by skipping a couple of unnecessary dinners….

---

 

He is so helplessly in love that he doesn’t even bother to lie to other people about what he does in his free time…and with who.

I’m with my boyfriend, Luhan, yesterday he composed me a song….it was so cute…”

¿You mean the robot, from that company who makes artificial couples?? Those ty eleven boys who take the place of normal boys…human boys??...

And Minseok says yes…

--

His Boyfriend finally has hands who feel more…meaty… like squishing the wheel of his car, soft but not yet human, kind of a more realistic mannequin.

And still, Minseok believes everything the Commercial says; is perfect.

But just after Luhan transfer all of his data to his new “USB” (how he calls himself sometimes), and, after a while, compose his first smile, one that Minseok can touch and brush softly with his fingers… and some nights later, with his own mouth.

 

--

“I miss you a lot…I don’t know what to do when you’re not by my side…”

Besides making a huge amount of handicrafts, Luhan somehow manages to get bored at morning.

“….That’s very sweet…”Answer the shorter male, not actually watching Lu:Han, what he (himself) said already was creepy enough. “Why… don’t you try walk on the park near by …?? It could be fun…”

If Minseok smiles, like in this moment, Lu:Han Smiles, is part of his program, but not the laugh that goes with those moments.

--

Walking is not an option. Not when Luhan came back home without an arm and the face full of red paint.

He manages to give Minseok a smile and says that everything is ok.

But he’s shaking for the liquid in between his plastic parts and the realization ….that probably that day he couldn’t come back to Minseok….

And so, Minseok hugs him, saying endlessly that everything is gonna be ok, he is there for Luhan….

--

At 30, Minseok can`t believe how fast the world is moving.

Not when at his door came the new body for Luhan, it has hair (caramel like) , eyelids (long and beautiful), skin…(warm, milky skin), teeth, tongue…and the most gorgeous eyes he had ever seen, chocolate ones...

Lu:Han has reasons to be (that) excited when he connects with the new port USB in the neck. His old body falls like dead and Minseok doesn’t hold a whimper, he lived with that person for 3 years…even if it was just a ..USB….

The new body is soft but clumsy while Lu:Han get used to it, he tries to walk but fails and spend the next 20 minutes crawling and moving in the floor, like a fish out of the water. He doesn’t accept help neither…

Finally, after a good hour, he sits and sees around, searching for Minseok who’s next to him.

“I’m…anatomically correct?..”

Do you mean… if you have a ??....”

Minseok get close and slowly put down (just enough for him to peek) the briefs of the Android, damn…he has a and the people from the fabric weren’t any miserly….

“You have…I didn’t know you were going to have one…”

“It is functional….??”

“How would I know??!!... But…well, maybe…If you’re blushing already, I guess…blood… can go to other parts …”

“I’m BLUSHING??!!...”

“…and screaming…”

Overflowing with emotions…

---

 

“…you bought one…?” The news came kind of heavy, but that doesn’t mean he is not happy for Baekhyun, his co-worker.

“Yes, you always says how wonderful is to have Lu:Han in your life so I thought…” it, I’m going to  get one” We should put them together to see how they interact…!”

They are sounds of excitement going out of Baekhyun, but everything seems off…out of place for Minseok.

 

---

 

He’s over him, tracing soft, painless marks in his bare chest, over his sensitive skin. Enjoying the moment, only breathing the same air, that curious yet lovable essence of Luhan’s breath. Is always a combination of plastic and ward milk, Minseok doesn’t know why.

The light of the moon pass through the window, reflecting over Luhan’s eyes, they always shine like small bulbs, showing the mechanical side inside him that somehow Minseok forgets… sometimes.

“How do you feel, Minnie…?” ask the robot, caressing for Minseok’s sides.

A soft moan of satisfaction “Perfect….this is perfect…”

Blends enough for him to reach Luhan’s thin but soft lips, lukewarm, almost human, not yet alive…

---

 

There’s not interaction between “Chen” and Lu:Han, no words, no looks, not even those awkward silences. Is like they didn’t exist for the other.

He takes Luhan to the kitchen while Baekhyun finds a way to make hi.O. more cheerful and talkative with other units, it must be a way … But Minseok is not that sure. The last thing he sees is the slightly sad face of Chen watching at Baekhyun, asking for forgiveness in a low, beautiful tone, whispering.

“You don’t like chen?..”Ask with caution.

“Is not that… I don’t know how to talk to him…or Byun-sshi…. I don’t know how to create a friendship...” the only command he follows is to make his owner happy, love him over anything. The only things that came out of his mouth are love declarations and pampering words, everything for Minseok, because he deserves them… Minseok is his entire life, the answer to every question.

“What are you talking? You are my best friend…”

There’s a moment of silence while Luhan decides to see Minseok’s eyes. Trying to understand what he had said.

“You see?? I know you can do it, talk to him…” And Minseok smiles for him, something Luhan can’t resist.

“I’ll do my best…”

--

He knew it… he ing knew it.

But this time he was prepared for that commercial. This time the money wasn’t that difficult to get, because he has been saving for almost two years already….

And Luhan doesn’t know, he has no idea that Christmas is gonna be earlier this year…

--

 

The first walk together in a year, they can entangle fingers, see each other expressions and buy that delicious Ice cream of the park. Luhan see the sky almost all the time, watching pigeons and butterflies, too excited,  like a kid, but he doesn’t jump or scream, no. Luhan just grab Minseok’s hand stronger and watch…so quietly, hoping for the butterflies to not be scared of him…

And they are not, somehow, they stand in Luhan’s nose…

“Minseok hyung??...I can’t believe it!!, how have you been??”

They turn, Luhan more slowly because the butterfly is still comfortable in his face.

“Baekhyun, I could say the same!!!”They share a small hug, they haven’t seen each other since Baekhyun got a better job “Where’s Chen?...You didn’t bring him with you?”

“Chen?...”

“Baekhyun!! Here’s your Ice cream… oh…I’m sowy,” that was on purpose? “you were talking with someone??... “

Is a giant with the widest smile Minseok has ever seen. Too shinny, too tall, really talkative… too human.

“Oh, don’t Worry, Chanyeol, He’s Minseok, and old friend of mine, we worked for the same company for 6 years. Minseok, this is Chanyeol, my boyfriend… “

Too human…

They share a small kiss in front of him, it doesn’t bother him…

“Chen was ok, but I had to move on, you know? Find something real, you should do that too, how long have you been with your unit??... “

Chanyeol takes a moment to interrupt “Are you saying…this boy is an android?? Woow!!! I can’t believe it, he seems so real…”

Luhan doesn’t mind when other touch his hands or cheeks, because he doesn’t know how to react. But Minseok takes his hand out of Chanyeol hold with a discrete but strong grip.

“He’s my boyfriend… “

---

32…. He’s ready to have a middle age crisis.

But thankfully Luhan is there for him, with his new, not shinny body. Is so human that it can create his own warm, he loses it when he’s not covered, he blinks, sleeps, drinks a little of milk and water, even meat… in small, perfect portions. He can bleed and change his figure, is made from some kind of gelatin, very sticky when it does not have a form…

Even his breath has some kind of musky essence…

He still hugs him from behind and put his chin in Minseok’s shoulder to rest his head. In calm, complete silence until Luhan starts to laugh…

“I love you, Minnie…”

“I love you too…”Answers, thinking just a couple of seconds before “Do you want breakfast…?”

“Of course, the same as you!!...”

Rice, eggs, kimchi and a coup of coffee (with lots of milk and lots of sugar) for him.

--

Sometimes Minseok wakes up in the middle of the night and sees Luhan, sit in the edge of the bed, just watching at the light of the street in the floor, over the fabric texture of the carpet. In complete silence, he doesn’t breathe, just keep quiet and motionless…

He knows Minseok is awake, but does nothing to make him know that.

“Do you miss him…?”Finally ask the shorter male, slowly Luhan’s back.

He nods one time, and breathe again, slowly.

“It’s ok, he was your friend…”

“Is not that… I know he was happy, we all are..!! but…”

“You are not happy right now…”

And Luhan turns around to protest, to say something, anything. But just silence scape from his mouth.

“Do you… need something real…too??”

It takes a couple of seconds to Minseok to hold his emotions, the horrified expression that tried to reflect in his face.

“I can touch you, you can kiss me… you eat breakfast every morning and you’re lazy as when it comes to house chores….You’re real to me…Isn’t that enough?”

For one second, it seems that indeed, is not enough… But at the end, Luhan nods again, smiling softly.

“You’re right…you’re always right…” And as called, he curls himself in Minseok’s arms, from where he can hear his heartbeat.

--

Luckily they’re not more improvements for new bodies, actually, the company have 5 years out of the market. So, he doesn’t need to spend more money in Luhan’s new attachments …

Is his 50’s birthday, time surely goes fast when you kill it by working unstop in the same company for more of 25 years, and still, he needs to go the same ing day as his birthday, just great.

But when he comes, the lights are out, complete silence fills the place and he feels nervous, like if something is gonna jump from the dark and eat his entire face. It doesn’t sound like a good idea to hear scary stories all night long with Luhan anymore…

“Happy birthday, Minnie!!!...”

“Luhan…?!!”

Of course, only the android-gelatinish like still have the ability to jump!.

“Is a surprise party!!! ¿What do you think??!” The young man holds him in his arms, turning him around (still between them) to see all the decoration, the cake (carrot cake because doctor says so…), the beverage, the little hats in the corner of the table.

… a little lonely, don’t you think??”

“I-I know…but…I  wanted to spend this birthday with you, just the two of us… I want to show you something…”

They sit together at the table and Luhan takes the opportunity to put Minseok a little paper hat. They look ridiculous but still, is adorable how that innocent part of Luhan keeps intact. That television created believe that everything is like in the movies…

“I know that recently I can’t kiss you when we walk together, that people see us in a…bad way, I understand. That’s why I did this improvement in my program…”

It took almost a minute, while Minseok watches him, expecting something but not knowing what…

Out of the sudden his body moves, little by little, soft bubbles dance under his skin, taking fat, replacing it in other places, making his face more mature, more handsome if that’s even possible. His hands, that’s the greatest surprise, they become soft…

“Did it work…?” Says the android, opening just one eye…

“No… I mean, yes… Dear god, Luhan…. You look… you look…”

“¿Like you??...”

He keeps silence, but smile, so wide, so happy, that the only thing he can do is press that mature, manlier face between his hands and kiss the even softer lips.

“No, not like me… not like me at all…”

Is perfect…

 

---

 

They’re both lying in bed, waiting in silence.

Minseok doesn’t have family, and his closest friends are already gone, not for any complicated, emotional reason, just for the good. Because it was time.

He has not fear, not anymore. It doesn’t make him cry like when he was younger and the little 5 years version of himself hide in the closet, hoping for not his umma or appa to die…

Dead is scary and cold, but he feels so full, so warm, so happy that he lived so long and just with the right persons, his friends, his family, even those golden fishes who were gone 3 years ago.

Has been a perfect life, he couldn’t ask for anything more…

“Minseok…”

“umm….”

“Can I go with you?....”

The world is very cold.

“Of course…You are already part of me…There’s no way you’re not coming with me…” It sounds a little bit like scolding, but he laughs, deeply and raspy, just to keep in silence a little more. “what a nice day, a little cold…”

Minseok hate cold things.

“Do you want another blanket?? I can…”

“No!, don’t get up from bed…Stay like this longer.”

“but aren’t you cold…?”

“Not enough, You’re the only blanket I need… The only thing I need… “

The only one.

---

 

 

A/N

i don't know what took to write this story, probably vocaloid. Wich I loe like you have no idea and Xiuhan. I love them a lot, i know that luhan thinks in minseok every day... YvY 

Thank for reading.