the message towards love :)

Inlove with My Chatmate....

 

For my twenty one years of existence, I only love one girl, aside from my mother of course. But I didn’t know how she looked like right now. The last time I saw her is when she was two and I was four. She was my mother’s Godchild. She looked cute. Her chubby cheeks are rosy. I remember her crying over a little bud of flower that she can’t reach since its way high. And she starts bugging me about it. At first I didn’t want to take it. It was prohibited since our family didn’t own it. It was our neighbor’s. But when she Yeon-yeon, as my mother addressed her cried her little lungs out, I take it for her not thinking that I might be scolded by the old wicked woman who lived in the house. When I gave the white bud to her, she stopped crying and starts to walk inside our house. She was cute. Really cute. That’s what I remember. And that’s what I believe.

When I was five, after her third birthday party, my father who is a retired professional soccer player decided to migrated to Canada for his post career orientation; coaching. I was against it. Mom was too. It was my father’s.  We can’t do anything but to say yes. Daddy’s the man of words inside our house. So without further ado, we flew there and spent all my existing years there.

Mommy is always sad. Yeon-yeon; who is often inside our house since her parents were busy grew up with me mommy practically raised her. She was there any time of the day. I remember the day, Yeon-yeon’s birthday; mommy tried her best to let the ‘parting’ thing sink on Yeon-yeon’s little mind that we will be going out of the country for good. She cried so as mom. And it breaks my heart for the first time.  The last person I wanna see crying is my mom.

When we flew to Canada, I start to plant hate for my dad. I don’t know. I just felt that I’m starting to hate him since he neglects us (mom and I). He only cared about soccer. Soccer and more soccer.

My life is dull. Mom’s bored. So as I. the moment I open my eyes, dad is out in the field playing soccer. When I came home from school, he’s not there. I don’t have the chance to see him.  Funny but true. It seems that soccer is far important than us.

And since I am bored, I am sad and so damn frustrated, I start to sit and spend most of my time infront of my computer. I am a lonely high schooler. I don’t have friends. Well, why would I try to have one? They can’t understand me!

Since my father is the school’s soccer coach, I was obliged to play for the school. Well, I love soccer but it was kind of a burden for me. Daddy’s way too strict when it comes to me. He’s ordering me to do this and that. And it irritates me! It really does. I try to find something or someone who will be there to hear my rants.

One day, during my winter break, I opened one site from the computer. It was a worldwide chat box. I got curious. Curiosity kills the frog err… I mean cat! And yes, I think that would kill me. I registered.

ENTER USERNAME:

It says. I scratched my head. User name? Shall I type my real name? Ah no! Then I should think of a name. An interesting one…

I smiled and typed;

ENTER USERNAME:  bored.frog

Username unused. I smiled then typed all the information the chat box wanted to know. After a while, chatter with a cute username starts to chat with me;

From: Mushy_mushroom;

“Hey!”

I laughed at her user name. Mushy? Hahaha what’s with the name? Anyway, mine was funnier, isn’t it? Then I replied to her;

From: bored.frog

“Hey there!”

From: Mushy_mushroom

“You’re new right? Welcome!”

From: bored.frog

“Well, I am… thanks for the warm welcome…”

From: Mushy_mushroom

“No problem! You’re from?”

From: bored.frog

“Canada.”

            I know I sounded boring but I guess this little mushy mushroom didn’t care. She sounds excited though.

From: Mushy_mushroom

“I’m from South Korea…”

She’s from Korea? Really? We have the same race! Great.

From: bored.frog

“I am a Korean.”

From: Mushy_mushroom

“Really?”

From: bored.frog

“Yes, we just migrated here when I was a kid due to my father’s work”

From: Mushy_mushroom

“It’s great since you’re able to see him anytime you want!”

I smirked. Great? Can you call something great when you, oh yes, he’s with us but hell! That wasn’t great. I am able to see him but he seemed to be near yet so far. I shouldn’t talk to her truthfully but then I felt some urge. I don’t know why but it seems that I’ve known her all my life. I don’t know what hit me but I just let myself talk to her naturally. She’s nice. Talking to her makes me feel nice…

From: bored.frog

“It wasn’t great. He’s not talking to me.”

From: Mushy_mushroom

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that, bored.frog… kinda hurting, no?”

From: bored.frog

“Well, it is. How did you know?”

I replied. I got shocked when she replied;

From: Mushy_mushroom

“I fell the same way. Not from my dad though.”

From: bored.frog

“Care to tell me what happen? I am willing to listen.”

She seemed to be so lonely. The same way I felt. We are sharing the same sentiment. It seems that I was just talking to myself. I never thought a newly acquitted friend like musy_mushroom can talk to me like that. I was awed when I received her long and sad reply;

From: Mushy_mushroom

“My parents got divorced before I enter high school. Then the court decided that I should come with my mom. That’s great. I thought. But I am wrong. It wasn’t. Yes, granted that we are together but I don’t feel like I was living with her. I think I wasn’t that important to her. She often neglects me. I hate it but I can’t complain. She’s working hard for me to be able to study.”

From: bored.frog

“Sorry to hear that. Were kinda same. Hihihi ^^. I missed Korea.”

From: Mushy_mushroom

“Then come back here and meet me!”

She said. Great idea! I should meet her. But how can I? I am only a graduating high schooler. Tsk. Besides, daddy won’t allow me. He loves Canada that much.

From: bored.frog

“Ah, that? I guess, I don’t know.”

From: Mushy_mushroom

“Well, anyway there are a lot of times for meeting, right?”

From: bored.frog

“Yeah.”

I think mushy_mushroom and I became closer. And I got addicted talking to her. I often stayed late at night just to chat with her. Chatting with her brings smiles to my lips. I felt happy by just barely talking to her through chat box.

I am insomniac. My parents don’t know. I think they don’t have time to check me out. They’re busy and I know that. And I don’t want to compete with their work. I am happy. Mushy_mushroom made me happy.

For all those times that I have been chatting with her, I used to call her mushy now. Mushy_mushroom is quite hard to say. And it made me blabber most of the time. Ha-ha, I never felt sad or frustrated. I felt love. The love I couldn’t feel from my father.

Everytime I feel stressed-out and frustrated, I found myself infront of my computer chatting nonstop with mushy. I ‘m treating my insomniac secretly before joining the chat box though. But when I started chatting with mushy, I forgot all the treatment I should do. I don’t care if insomnia will hit me pretty bad. I just don’t care. I’m happy talking to her. And I guess she’s happy talking to me too.

Every night, while doing my freaking assignments; (Gah. School’s being a pain in the , man!) I will chat with mushy. Up until midnight sometimes even before the sun rise up. Every day, I go to school sleepless. Yes, I can do that. No sleep for days straight. Even a decent nap is not an easy thing for me to do. My insomnia is getting serious, but it’s fine. Atleast every once in a while, while chatting with mushy; I felt love. I felt cared and understood.

One night, after a long day from the university I am attending; God! I was detained again! I was caught pacing out for the nth time that day. My mind was away from my body. Lack of sleep you know? Hihihi. I studied my lesson first before updating my status on my profile in the chat box saying;

“Bored.frog is sleepless. School’s getting too tight on me.

Detention once more. I need sleep! LGod! Insomnia! Leave me for a moment!”

After a while, when I was busy typing my long essay (the price I have to pay from daydreaming in literature class, duh! It was a very sleepy subject, isn’t it?) I received a message from mushy telling me;

From: Mushy_mushroom

“Hey! You should try to get some sleep! College is kinda hard.”

I smiled. She cared so much for me and that made me happy. I didn’t intend to stay up chatting with her since I have to create five long essays about famous literary writers. But when I read her message, I forgot my deadlines and start chatting with her happily;

From: bored.frog

“Thanks mush! Your caring means so much to me.”

Then we start exchanging message again. I never felt so much care all my life. Yes, I may be one of the best students in our university, but to my father who I really wanted to impress; I’m just nothing.

Ironically, I should get the care, the love and the understanding I was looking for from my parents but sadly, I get it from someone I only knew in the chat box. Somebody I barely knew.

Yes, granted that mommy’s always there for me but it wasn’t enough. I mean, the care, love and understanding I was looking for was always there but it’s not what I am really looking for. I want the three from my dad.

From: Mushy_mushroom

“You know what, frog? You shouldn’t stay up all night doing something. You should care about your health. What if one day, you’ll just past out?”

From: bored.frog

“Ah, you’re so sweet! It gave me cavities J. I’m fine, really. I’m used to it. I’ve been dealing with insomnia for years now. Anyway, I only felt happy and got my cheers here in chat box. And you’re the reason of my happiness here. It’s true.”

I felt happier when I read her reply;

From: Mushy_mushroom

“Wah! That’s also sweet! Frankly saying, I always come here to relieve my stress. Chat box is my stress reliever. And you know what? You’re also the reason why I feel so happy. I don’t know but I love talking to you. You ease my hurts and anxiety…”

From: bored.frog

“Same goes with me. It feels like I’ve known you for so long….”

From: Mushy_mushroom

“I felt that too. I badly wanted to meet you, frog.”

I laughed on my own then replied to her;

From: bored.frog

“Yeah, I wanted to meet you too but sadly, I think I’m stocked here in Canada for all my life. Daddy seems to not like to go back there…”

From: Mushy_mushroom

“Oh! L. Let’s just stay closer through this….”

That was it. Every night was like that. I talk to her nonstop. I even chat with her during lunch break in school, sometimes while serving my detention.

Detention was my best friend. Dad knew it. And he hates it. But what can he do? I’m a freaking scholar for that matter! I need to study my out and I need to practice nonstop for our soccer team. I wanted to quit but he’s not letting me. He said that I need to play since I am his son! Oh whatever, the case is I can’t sleep at all.

For almost eight years of chatting with mushy, I felt myself selflessly falling for her. It is wrong I know. I dedicate my heart for Yeon-yeon only. Mommy told me that I should marry the first girl whom I gave the very first flower. I grew up thinking about that. Yeon-yeon is the very first girl I gave flower to. So practically speaking, I should marry her.

But I don’t even know how. What I just knew is I am slowly falling for a girl I didn’t know. Someone who made me feel loved whenever I felt I am not loved. This is funny I know. If my classmate heard that I am inlove (wait! Did I already admit that I am?! Oh fine. Okay! I’m inlove with mushy. And you know why. I stated it, right?) With a girl I chatted with for almost eight years, they’ll be laughing. They don’t believe in a long distance love affair. We weren’t lovers but it seems that we were. I feel it.

She often called me sweetie instead of frog nowadays. And it made me happy.

Right after graduating, mom and I decided to go back to Korea. My grandmother wanted to see me. And daddy can’t even say no. it was his mothers will. Two days before going back to my native land, I posted on my profile;

“Bored.frog is going back to his native land! Korea, here I come!”

That was my latest update. Ever since we landed to Korea, I was obliged to look after my father’s family business. Mommy was helping grandma with her flower shop while my father stayed in Canada. Well that’s good. I don’t have someone maneuvering my life. As far as I know, if dad’s with us, he’ll not let me stayed in the four corner of the cold business room. Instead, I will be a member of the national soccer team.

I didn’t stop playing. I occasionally play but not that often as I used to back in Canada. And since running the big company our family had, I didn’t get the chance to visit chat box. But mushy’s always on my mind. I missed her sweet message.

One day, after my endless board meeting, I blankly sat on my table and try to melt the computer unit infront of me. When I felt bored, I opened the chat box and find almost a hundred unread messages coming from one person; mushy. I shook my head and read the oldest post. It was before I flew to Korea.

From: Mushy_mushroom

“I’ll be waiting for you sweetie…”

I smiled. Then read all her message. The next 100+ post was the same.

From: Mushy_mushroom

“I miss you… Drop by my profile…”

I felt sadness on her posts. But what can I do? I am busy. I can’t even go back to our house to sleep. I often sleep on the penthouse on the rooftop of our company building. I buried myself working. And it paid off. I made our market wider and wider every month.

I deeply sighed and think if I would post something in mushy’s profile. I typed something. But then I deleted it. Then I typed again. Then eventually delete it. God, Minho! (Oh, that’s meJ. I haven’t mentioned it no? Well then, meet me. Choi Minho here. the young CEO of Choi group of Companies. Let’s stop here. We’re going off of topic, ha-ha) think! After I while I decided to really send a message to her;

From: bored.frog

 “Hey, mushy sweetie! It’s me Froggy! Missed me? Well I did miss you. I’m sorry I only message you now. I’m kinda busy running our business now. I’m here in Korea. Let’s meet? Sunday. Infront of the carnival downtown. You liked that? Reply back if you’re willing. I’ll wait. Let’s meet at seven sharp. I will not be late. I promise. Text me in this number 419-xxx-xxx. Have a great day!”

Then I logged out since it’s almost time for another board meeting. The meeting went out well. The company’s expansion will pull through. Yey! After two grueling moths of debating about it with the board members, they finally agreed. And since I made the deal again, I gave myself a weeklong vacation. Finally! Life without stress. Life just chatting with her.

I’m sorry Yeon-yeon. I wouldn’t be able to marry you since I love somebody else. I went up on the penthouse and quickly checked my computer. I found no answer; instead I received a call from an unregistered number.  Being the civil person that I am, I answered the call.

“Good afternoon Choi Minho of Choi Group of Companies speaking how can I help you?”

I heard a sudden chuckles on the other line. I got call pranks? Hell, I swear, if it is prank I will hunt him down. It was dead air. Just stiff breaths were heard on the other line but when I was about to cut the call, I heard probably the most endearing voice I heard all my life;

“Hey! Froggy! It’s me! Mushy… how are you, sweetie? It’s been a while.”

“Oh, hey.”

I just said. She sound so sweet. I love it. I nonsensically smiled then she said;

“I never thought my chat mate was this well off. You’re the CEO of CGC?”

I laughed and laughingly told her;

“I was just supervising it, mushy. Our family owned it. It wasn’t mine.”

“Humble effect? Whatever, froggy…”

>>>SILENCE<<<

Then after a while we called our nickname in union;

“Froggy…”

“Mushy…”

I smiled and said;

“Ladies first…”

“Thanks. Can we meet now? I have a prior appointment on Sunday.”

Now? But I planned sleeping all night long. But hey! This is fat chance! I will meet her! I will finally meet her. So I just say;

“Sure. Where are you? I’ll fetch you.”

“No. no need. I have my service.”

“I insist. So were will I fetch you, ah…”

I paused. How will I call her? I even know her name. She laughed soundly and happily says;

“I’m such a rude girl! I haven’t tell you my name right? Well, I am Lee Taeyon.”

Lee Taeyon? That beautiful model in almost all commercials in the television was my chat mate? Wah! Worth cheating for! Hey. Hey. Hey. I didn’t cheat to anybody. Yeon-yeon and I’s love story is just mom’s silly belief.

“Lee Taeyon? The model?”

I asked. She laughed and said;

“Yes, Mr. CEO that’s me. The girl in most of the commercial was mushy.”

“God, I never know that you were that beautiful.”

“Thanks for the compliment!”

“My pleasure.”

“I’m in K’s boutique right now. Fetch me here if you’re still insisting the case.”

“I’ll be there in no time. Hang on.”

I said as I made my way out of the penthouse. I run through the stairs neglecting that the company have elevators and escalators too. I’m excited. I got in my Porsche and drive my way to K’s boutique. Don’t ask me why I knew where exactly it is. It’s just that my designer cousin owned it. That’s why. After almost 25 minutes, I was infront of the said boutique. I got out only finding numerous models inside the boutique. Gwiboon; my brat little cousin who hates being associated to me was there happily talking to the towering Lee Taeyon. My mushy Taeyon. I walked near her and saw my cousin’s brow arched. I just smiled and told Taeyon,

“Mushy, let’s go?”

“Mushy?!”

Gwiboon asked confusingly. Taeyon and I laughed together as Taeyon tried to introduce me to my own silly I mean dive cousin;

“Gwi, meet Choi Minho. Remember the man I was chatting with? It was him.”

“Pleasure to meet you, Gwiboon.”

She smirked and slapped the hand I handed to her. Then bluntly told me which made Taeyon shocked;

“Cut the crap, Minho. And don’t dare call me Gwiboon! How many times will I need to tell you that?”

“Fine, I’m sorry. I just said your full name and you nag me? How rude Gwi. Infront of my mush---”

Gwi smirked and pointed my chest while mockingly told me;

“You what? Mushy?! What an endearment, Minho. Annoying.”

“But not the same as you…”

She slapped my arms as Taeyon said;

“You knew each other?”

I nodded and said,

“Oh yeah. I knew her. She was my first cousin. Our mother’s were sisters.”

Taeyon squealed like a little kid; took my right hand and Gwi’s left as she happily said neglecting all those glamorous girls surrounding us who are looking disgustingly to her;

“Great! My best friend and my Froggy are related! It made Yeonnie happy!”

Yeo--- Yeonnie? I looked at her. I looked Taeyon closely. She does resemble Yeon-yeon. They have the same eye smile. Wait what was Yeon-yeon’s surname? Whatever Choi! Just think about mushy okay? Yeon-yeon was just your past. Nothing more, okay?

“Let’s get out of here, mushy before your best friend kill me with her stares.”

Taeyon grabbed a LV bag on the couch; kissed Gwi’s cheeks and said;

“I’ll call you later ‘ma! Bye!”

“Yah, Minho! Take good---”

“I know how to respect and protect a girl Gwi! Just tell Jong my regards okay?”

She nodded as we (Taeyon and I) head our way to my waiting car. Then we head our way to the carnival. I never dated anyone. I don’t know how to treat a girl. What I knew next is that Taeyon wanted to eat some ice cream on one of the stalls. Everyone was looking at her. She was well known. She weren’t wearing anything to hide her face. She was happy posing and signing every person who wanted to take some with her. And hell yes, I looked like her body guard.

 After she ordered some ice cream, we sat on the bench and talk everything under the moonlight. She told me her story on how she was casted as a model. Then I told her about my journey as a successful business man. We found each others’ company so damn good and we didn’t check on the time. We just knew that it was past midnight when someone told us that the carnival was closing already. We got in my car. I send her home.

That was it. That’s how our friendship bloom outside the chat box but when I was way too busy with works so as her, we still chat. And yes, I’m deadly madly inlove with her now. I planned to confess to her but I am afraid. I only know her for four months personally. But hey! If we add our chatting years, that was eight years and four months. When I was out of the country visiting dad in Canada, for the very first time daddy asked me something that made me happy.

“When are you going to settle down?”

I looked at him and told him truthfully;

“I don’t know how to confess my love for someone.”

“Tell dad about her.”

I sighed and bowed my head as I was saying;

“During my first year as a high school student I joined a chat box. I met her there. She was my stress reliever. She made me happy. For almost eight years we exchange chats. Then just barely five months ago, after almost a year of not chatting with her, I decided to meet her since she was a Korean. I met her. I was happy to find out that she was Gwiboon’s best friend. I fell for her dad. Ever since the time that she helped me release my stress. And right now, I planned to tell her my feelings. I just don’t know where to start.”

Daddy took my hand and handed me an n envelope. Telling me;

“Give it to her. I don’t know if she’ll believe in that story but I bet she would. Don’t read it and give it to her. Okay?”

I nodded. The moment I flew back to Korea, the first thing I did is to look for Taeyon. She was inside her condo. I didn’t bother to get in I just gave her the letter?! Oh, whatever. The envelope daddy told me to give her. She took it and I left her.

We didn’t meet each other for months. Then one night during some stressful nights I had, I open up my computer to check on my mail. I have 8 unread messaged from her. I opened one. The oldest it says;

“I want to meet you. Let’s talk”

Then I read everything not wanting to reply even once.

“Minho…”

“Hey! You weren’t answering your phone! Is everything okay?”

“Busy much? I missed talking to you…”

“Okay, I got it. You don’t wanna talk? Fine.”

“Choi Minho….”

“BUZZZZ”

I was shocked when I read her latest message. It was three days after I gave her the letter. I didn’t answer any of her calls coz I wanna forget her. I shouldn’t love someone I just met.

“Why gave me this letter if you don’t intend to talk to me? I don’t know what’s wrong with you. If you don’t wanna be my friend anymore, tell me. Don’t leave me hanging on the line. I hate it okay? If you want goodbye then fine! Goodbye! Forget mushy now.”

I sighed. Whatever. I don’t want to talk to you now. I leaned my aching back on my chair and think things over. Then I finally decided to reply;

“Let’s stop this now Taeyon. We’re not kids anymore. I’m busy so are you. Forget about the letter. It was from my dad anyway. Thanks for everything. I’ll l be here when you needed me.”

That’s it. I ended our connection. I buried myself in work after a while I felt bored and played with the computer. No messages. Great. Just great. I got bored working one day so I decided to walk  on the street. I was heading nowhere. Then I my feet lead me to a very familiar face. Our old house. The flower is blooming. I took one bud and stared at it. I mindlessly walk again them get inside a park. I texted Taeyon;

“Let’s meet. Same place. I wanna tell you something.”

I waited there for hours. When I felt that my body is getting numb already, I decided to go home but then, I saw Taeyon beamed infront of my eyes. She was standing there; her hands on her waist; eyebrows were arching then she said;

“Tell me quickly. I just sneak out of my photo shoot.”

I gave her the white bud of rose and tell her without thinking about the outcome of my silly narration;

“I never thought I’ll fall inlove with a girl I barely knew. I’m inlove. That’s the truth behind every cold actions I gave you. I wanted to forget about it but sadly I can’t the love is too strong. I kept it for long. Ever since I remembered when she made me happy even though I haven’t met her, I fell for her. I didn’t believe in magical love but it happened to me. I’m sorry for wasting your time, Taeyon. I just want to say I love you. It’s fine if you-----”

I couldn’t continue what I have to say when I felt some soft lips crashing with mine. After a moment of shockness, I heard Taeyon said;

“Took you too long, Minho.”

I looked at her. She cupped my face and sweetly say;

“The moment I chatted with you, I felt love and cared. For the first time and since then I was inlove with you. I waited and waited coz I feel and I believe that we will meet. And we did. Luckily, were both inlove. And I’m happy about it.”

I smiled then she told me.

“Do you know what’s with the letter? It was your parents love story. They did fall inlove like this. And there’s a quote that really touched my heart. I guess that was your father’s favorite line in a book entitled; ‘A heart Remember’.”

She paused. I nodded. I guess I know that. I read that book too. I didn’t know I was right when we said in union;

“Love waits for one thing, the right moment.”

We smiled as I inch my way to kiss her on her forehead telling her;

“I’m lucky I’m inlove with my chat mate….”

            And we sealed our love story with a kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            When our family was about to ask for Taeyon’s hand, the truth prevail. Yeon-yeon and she is one. She was the girl my mom wanted me to marry. God’s a great story teller. He knows whose best for you. I salute God for curving a way to let two hearts meet in one place called; “Love…..”

 

 

 

 

-----------------------

what a fail!

i'm sorry Fiolet, 

it didn't end well. 

but i hope you like it.

this was for you sweetie.

Criticize my fail guys, 

it's fine :)

>>>jheiihyun07cheeky