Chance

Chance

"Cho... Chorong..... Rong.... Chorong!"

"I don't accept!" shouted Chorong as she bolted upright. Then she realized she was face to face with her meanest teacher, Mr. Cha.

"Well, that's too bad Miss Park. I was just going to say you could clean the classroom for sleeping, but I guess you want detention instead." After that, Mr. Cha sauntered back to the front of the class. "You can sit down Miss Park."

"... Yes, sir," said Chorong with her head down. A couple of the students started laughing, while some of them felt pity for her.

Before Mr. Cha could continue his math lesson, the bell rang for lunch and all the students dispersed. Chorong put her head down on her desk after everyone left.

"Unnie~" sang a sickly sweet voice. "Are you going to meet him before or after we eat?"

"Go away, Bomi," mumbled Chorong. "I don't even know what I'm gonna say to him."

"Well... my mom made me some extra kimbap, and I decided to give it to you instead of Eunji since you're in a dilemma. Enjoy it, okay? See you later, Park to the Cho to the Rong~" Before she left, she made a heart at the door and waved goodbye.

Chorong let out a big sigh and stared at the full container of kimbap. She put the kimbap away (after stuffing five in ) and headed towards the school's roof.

-

"Why. are. there. so. many. stairs," heaved Chorong as she finally made it to the top. "I should start working out again."

She stopped in front of the door and prepared herself to reject the boy that was going to confess to her. After three minutes she pushed the door open and walked out onto the shool's roof.

His back was facing her as he was lying down on the only bench the school kept on the roof. Is he asleep, she thought to herself.

"Ummm... excuse me," said Chorong as she walked closer to the boy. She went to the other side of the bench so she could see his face.

"He's handsome," she whispered to no one in particular. His eyes slowly opened after she said the quiet compliment.

"Am I in heaven?" he asked.

"Huh?" She backed away, her face burning crimson. "Uhhh... I- I just wanted to tell you that I can't accept your confession."

"Hmm... why can't you accept it, Miss-" he paused as if he was trying to remember her name.

"I don't know you," she replied before he could finish remembering.

"I'm Woohyun. Nam Woohyun." He looked at her as if she should have known his name..

"Uh..." Before Chorong could say anything to him someone else came.

"Cho- Cho- Chorong-noona," stammered a familiar looking boy. "Sorry, I kept you waiting. I got nervous."

"Huh? Who are you?" asked Chorong.

"Do K- Kyungsoo. I go to the same vocal academy as you," he replied.

"Ah, no wonder you looked familiar. You're here because..."

"I was the one that wrote you that note."

"It was... you?" she asked as she looked at Kyungsoo. Then she looked at Woohyun. "Who are you?"

Woohyun just smiled at her as Chorong realized the mistake she made.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. It was a mistake," said Chorong quickly as she bowed towards Woohyun. Kyungsoo just watched confused as Chorong bowed towards the other boy. After bowing several times, she walked towards Kyungsoo with a flushed face.

"So, will you-" She cut him off before he could finish. "I'm sorry, Kyungsoo-ssi. I can't accpet your confession, yet."

"So, it's not a complete rejection?" asked Kyungsoo, hope in his eyes.

"Huh? I mean I can't accpet it," said Chorong as she cursed herself mentally.

"Friends?" asked Kyungsoo as he slowly lifted up his right hand.

"Um, sure," she replied as she shook his hand. "Thank you, I'll be on my way now."

"Wait," called Kyungsoo before she made it through the door. "Can we at least have lunch together?"

"Yeah, I'm starving," said Woohyun as he walked towards the new friends.

"Bu- but." Kyungsoo looked at Chorong, then at Woohyun.

"I- uh, I'm having lunch with my friends," Chorong started, but then she felt bad when she saw his expression. "But you're welcome to join us."

"Okay, let's go~" said Woohyun excitedly as he threw an arm over Kyungsoo's shoulders and then Chorong's shoulders.

-

The girls just stared at Chorong as she came into the lunch room with a boy on either side of her. "Wah, so it was a double confession?" asked Hayoung.

Eunji just laughed as she watched Chorong from across the room. "Unnie! Over here!" yelled Bomi as she waved her arms around.

Everyone stared in the direction she was waving and saw Chorong flush even redder. Kyungsoo just smiled shyly while Woohyun looked around with a bored expression.

Chorong led the way towards her friends and squished herself between Namjoo and Bomi. Kyungsoo just stood around awkwardly before finally sitting down, and Woohyun sat down next to Naeun.

"You could've sat next to Eunji," complained Bomi. Namjoo just moved to sit next to Eunji.

Naeun just looked at Woohyun and was about to say something when someone interrupted her. "That's my seat."

"Oppa," said Naeun.

Woohyun just turned around and saw a way too familiar face. "Yah, show you're hyung some respect," said Woohyun with a smile.

"Oh, what are you doing here?" asked Myungsoo.

"I came to eat lunch."

"Sunggyu-hyung said that you were napping."

"I was, but then Chorong woke me up," replied Woohyun as he smiled towards Chorong.

Myungsoo didn't say anything after that, instead he shoved Woohyun aside and sat down next to Naeun. "So rude," mumbled Woohyun.

"Unnie, who are they?" asked Hayoung as she looked at the two boys.

"Everyone this is Kyungsoo-ssi, and that's Woohyun-ssi," said Chorong as she getured towards the boys.

"What happened to the boy that confessed?" asked Namjoo. Kyungsoo turned red and almost choked on his kimchi.

"We became friends," replied Chorong quickly.

"Oh, really? What's he look like?" asked Eunji.

"He's right beside me," said Woohyun as he put his arm over Kyungsoo's shoulders again.

"WHAT?!" the girls exclaimed in unison with shocked expressions.

Chorong just glared at Woohyun and Kyungsoo blushed a deep crimson color. Woohyun smiled back at her and patted Kyungsoo on the back.

"Sorry, Kyungsoo-ssi. It's just Chorong doesn't usually hang around boys, except for my brother," said Bomi.

"That's okay. I understand you're shock," replied Kyungsoo.

"How does noona know you, hyung?" asked Myungsoo.

"She woke me up by calling me handsome," said Woohyun as he stared at Chorong. Chorong coughed up her water as he said that and her face turned red again.

"You heard that?" exclaimed Chorong as she turned to look at him.

"I wasn't really asleep," he replied. 

Kyungsoo just looked at both of them. He had to admit that he was jealous of Woohyun. 

"Lunch period is almost over, so I'll be going now," said Kyungsoo quickly.

"Goodbye, Kyungsoo-ssi. See you around, maybe," said Chorong as he turned to leave.

"See you around," he said back.

"I should be getting back to class too," said Chorong as she got up.

"Me too," said Woohyun.

"Bye~" chorused the girls as they waved bye to Chorong and Woohyun.

-

"Why are you following me?" asked Chorong, slightly annoyed.

"I'm not, my class is in this direction too," said Woohyun as he trailed behind her.

"Well, we're almost to the last class in this hallway, which is my classroom, so what else would you be doing besides following me," said Chorong matter-of-factly.

"Did it ever occur to you that you may have seen me somewhere before?" asked Woohyun.

"Not really," said Chorong as they both entered the classroom. "What are you doing in here?"

"Hello, I'm Nam Woohyun. Class 4-B's resident heart machine," he replied with a bow. Then he smirked at her.

She looked at him with a more than shocked expression. "Bu- bu- but," stuttered Chorong.

"You know, you should look around more," said Woohyun as he walked to his seat behind Chorong. "I'm actually quite popuar too."

More students started to walk into the classroom as Chorong was still standing at the front with a shocked expression on her face.

"Miss Park, are you going to sit down or just stand there looking as if you've seen a ghost," asked Ms. Kim.

Chorong quickly made her way to her seat, and turned to look at Woohyun who had a smile on his face. "You should turn around if you don't want to get in trouble," he whispered.

-

"I'm free~" said Chorong as she walked out of the school and into the winter weather..

"Me too," said a voice from behind. She quickly turned around and hit the stranger with her bag.

"Ow, what do you keep in there? Rocks?" asked the boy as he rubbed his face.

"Oh, Woohyun-ssi, I'm so sorry," exclaimed Chorong as she pulled his arm away to look at his face. She was overcome with guilt and worry.

"I'm fine. You're cute when you're worried," he said with a smile on his face. "Since you hit me you have to buy me ice cream."

"Huh?" She let go of his arm and quickly walked away. He grabbed her elbow to stop her from taking another step.

"Come on, I know a really good place." Without waiting for a reply, he pulled her to a retro looking ice cream store.

"Wow, this place looks so cool," said Chorong in awe.

"I know right," said Woohyun. "Two carmel crunch cones, please."

"Coming right up," said the cashier. "That'll be $5.29."

"Huh, I didn't even get to finish looking at the flavors," whined Chorong as she pulled out her wallet.

"What are you doing?" asked Woohyun as he held both of the ice cream cones.

"You said to buy you ice cream," she replied.

"No need. I already paid while you were looking at the flavors."

"Oh." She put her wallet back in her bag and follwed Woohyun to a table.

"Why didn't you just get two scoops of ice cream on one cone?" she asked.

"Cause the other one's for you," he said as he held out the other cone.

"Oh, thank you," she replied with a smile.

"No problem."

"Why did you buy me ice cream though?" asked Chorong curiously.

"Because I like you," he mumbled, looking at her ice cream.

"You what?" she asked as she moved her hair behind her ears so she could hear clearer.

"Because you were slow to take out your wallet and there was a long line behind us," he said loudly.

She scoffed and continued eating her ice cream. What a jerk, she thought to herself.

-

This is the longest one shot I've ever written, but I think I'll make another for them since I made this ending crap.

I'm sorry if this wasn't what you expected it to be, and that I updated it late.

Thank you to sydyjs_333 and crazy4xui for upvoting this story!

& thank you to everyone that subscribed!

Comments & criticisms appreciated :)

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡