Crash

Crash

It wasn’t Jae Hee’s little stunt that made him say all those cruel things to Eun Gi at the beach that day, if he was a coward he would blame her. No, it was his conscious and fear that gave him motivation to expel her so harshly from his life.

 

The fact that he’d used her to play revenge and push-and-pull games with Jae Hee disgusted him, because the prickly porcupine of a woman had genuinely come to feel something profound and unimaginable for a bastard like him.

 

She loved him enough to excuse his initial reasons for approaching her, and enough to ask him to run away with her.

 

It was that resolute mind that he was honestly afraid of, because in his own twisted way he’d come to care for her. Yes, it wasn’t love but genuine care. Genuine care which had made him steal a kiss on her cheek that same morning while she slept. Care that had made him go shopping for clothes for her before he made the mistake of listening to that voice message from Jae Hee. Mostly he feared the small part that wanted to experience someone loving him the way she did for once in his life. He feared that there was a greed part of him urging him to take the damn offer and have something go his way for once.

 

The biggest fear remained that deadly fierce look of determination and love, directed to a deceiving rat like him. So, he did the only thing that would have her run away from him fast, because any other words would not have succeeded in breaking her resolve.

 

She meant nothing to him (yet she meant much more than he cared to admit), that he still wanted Jae Hee (it was new to him, but he was adjusting to the fact that he was chasing after a person that no longer existed) and how easy it was to manipulate a foolish girl like her into falling for him (in the beginning).

 

He broke her, and that was perhaps why he smiled when he saw her switch lanes and rush toward him in a rage. Anyone else would have left it at a game of chicken, but Seo Eun Gi was determination and commitment personified and she had intended to send them both to hell.

 

He hadn’t minded at all.