Final

At Gwanghwamun (One Shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rain was falling. 
Slowly walking down these pavements, paths that were filled with thoughts, I couldn't help but feel regret. 
With just your favorite turtleneck, corduroy pants, a French coat and boots I wore, together with an umbrella, I strolled down to a particular spot that will get the best of me.
Maybe forever. 
Feeling the droplets of rain, making my skin shiver with just the thought of it, I took a seat on that bench.
My coat was wet but I don't care. 
All I need is you to be better.


+++


Waiting for Sungmin, a friend of mine, on the wooden bench near the oak tree, growing impatient by the minute, you caught my eye, a lady in off white cardigan.
Sophisticated. Yet exciting. 
A keeper.

You continued walking and took a seat on the bench next to where I am seated. You took off the sunglasses you were wearing and used your hand to wipe your cheeks and the sides of your nose, your eyes swollen and red.
You were crying.

I walked up to you and handed you a handkerchief. Not noticing at first, you continued crying. Then, I took a seat next to you, still handing out my small piece of cloth. 
You felt it.
You looked at me for the very first time. 
I smiled.

You knew I was there.
At the place where we met.
At the placed where I slowly healed your broken heart.
At Gwanghwamun.

 

+++


I am standing alone on that spot, waiting for you to come, even though I know you won't. 
With autumn quickly approaching, leaves falling, winter slowly crawling to take its place, I feel colder. Weaker. More vulnerable, if possible.
Sitting on the bench where I confessed my love for you, it makes my heart break. 
Keeping my head down, I stared at the ground. 
A surface filled with thoughts.
My thoughts? Our memories. 


+++


"Kyuhyun?" you said softly with your head on my shoulder

 

With my eyes closed, I replied, "Hmmm?" 


"How long do you think we'll stay together?" you asked, your voice filled with curiosity


I lifted my head and stared at your confused face, eyes filled with sincerity and longing. 


With a chuckle, I answered, "Forever, my dear. Forever," 


I kissed your forehead ever so gently and we returned to our initial position.

Your head on my shoulder.
At the place where love started.
At the place where memories had been made.
At Gwanghwamun.

 

+++


I picked up a fallen leaf on the ground. This looks like me who has deeply fallen for you. 
I saw you once walking by here with your new man. My replacement. You w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter