one

The link
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The old man picked up the torn photograph and sighed. It was a picture of him and two of his best friends, Sulli and Tyler at the top of Mount Fuji. Several decades had passed since this picture was taken.

 

Alex jumped off his bed as he realised he was going to be late on his first day at college. He threw on his favourite outfit and dashed off to his college. Upon arriving the college campus, he saw a girl dressed in black walking in rounds frantically. He decided to walk past her as he was already late. "Excuse me!" he immediately stopped in his tracks.

 

"I wasn't here on Orientation Day. Can you tell me the way to the principal's office?" the girl asked with her shrill voice.

 

"Go straight and turn left. Then, enter the second door on your right. You can't miss it. I'm running late now. Bye." he replied hastily. The girl was just about to thank him but Alex had already disappeared.

 

"Can anyone answer the third question?" Mr Colin asked the class. Everyone was looking at each other, hoping someone would answer so they would be spared from answering the question. Just then, the door slided open. The girl dressed in black came in. "You're late. Don't be late again. Take a seat." she nodded as her gaze fell on the empty seat next to Alex. Lessons continued as usual when she sat down next to Alex.

 

"Hello again! Thanks for the directions just now. I'm Sulli." she beamed as she held her hand out.

 

"It's no problem. My name's Alex." he enthusiastically shook her hand.

 

 They became friends just like that. They ate lunch together and shared secrets. Weeks after their first encounter, Sulli introduced Tyler as her new friend from her Math class. Since then, they formed a trio. Their college life was delightful and they decided to go on a trip after their A levels. They soon decided to go to Japan as they were interested in the Japanese culture.

 

"Ah! The air is so fresh and it is so relaxing here!" Tyler shouted when they reached the top of Mount Fuji. The other two agreed as well. They instantly felt relaxed and all those pent-up stress were long gone. Sulli suggested all three of them to take a picture together for memories' sake, as a reminder that they were best friends. She took her camera off her neck and asked a passer-by to help them take a picture. Flash. The picture was taken and all three of them had a beatific smile on their faces. The trio took several photos after that and agreed the first photo they took was the best. It was the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter