Chapter 1: Sooyoon

Strangers in the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just like lightning, no one could predict when and where it would strike.

 

It had started like any other ordinary Tuesday for Sooyoon. He had flown into Shanghai the day before and had promptly turned up for a scheduled photo shoot with a Chinese fashion magazine. The next morning started with a march to the hotel's gym for a mandatory workout, his trainer kept a close eye even remotely when Sooyoon was overseas - his celebrity status required him to maintain a upper torso that could be revealed at a drop of the hat. Even though the singer had finally managed to quit smoking and started laying low on the brooze - mainly to keep the girlfriend happy - Taecyeon was not convinced that his client could be trusted to keep his love for junk food under control.

 

The fitting session that took place right after was in one of the suites of the W hotel. Korean celebrity stylist Kevin Woo particularly liked to dress his clients in Moon’s designs, this preference may have had a little to do with that fact that both Moon and Kevin were Korean American, but there was no denying Moon was one of the up and coming young designers to watch in the industry.

 

When Kevin casually introduced Sooyoon to the designer at a party in Seoul, Moon had been relieved to find someone else who spoke English (his Korean was somewhat lacking) and the singer was glad to talk to someone who was a dude at the female-dominated event. The two easily hit it off.

 

The stylist had been right when he told Sooyoon that Moon was someone to pay attention to. When news broke that Moon had been tipped to collaborate with online retail giant Asos, the fashion world went into a tizzy. So there was no way Sooyoon could miss the massive launch party especially after the designer personally sent a text message as an invite to the singer.

 

It was all moda operandi - fly in, fulfil some obligations his manager had managed to squeeze in, attend the event, hang out at the after party and fly back home. All within 48 hours.

 

Just another day at the office, or so Sooyoon thought.

 

Apparently Asos had a crazy budget, the party was huge. There were crowds waiting for a glimpse of their favourite celebs at the main road that led to the industrial warehouse that had been transformed for the party of the year. The Korean singer wasn’t that known in China so he got away with having only Kevin and his friend from Shanghai and fellow artist Kris as company.

 

The red carpet was more civilised than back home in Seoul. Kevin got to skip it with a “I’m not famous” and Kris went first. It was simple, walk to the middle, pose, smile and not let the flash lights blind you. As he was ushered from the photowall into the building by a brand’s rep, Sooyoon bumped into a person.

 

“Sorry.” The apology was offered automatically in English, his native language although he didn’t bother with a proper look at the person and continued his way, catching up with his friends.

 

What he didn’t expect was to hear “It’s alright” ringing in the air, as clear as a bell, in English. He had visited China enough to realise that the people didn’t speak English much, or at all.

 

Intrigued, he turned around mid step to see a young woman holding a glass. She looked back at him, at first with a frown - he had probably upset her drink -  then with a curious gaze. All with the most expressive eyes Sooyoon had ever encountered.

 

Before he could make proper eye contact with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter