Oneshot

This Lifetime

"Sungmin-ah" Kyuhyun whispered underneath the solemn comfort of the dark sky filled with dusty stars.

 

"Hmm?" Sungmin answered fixing his eyes on the stars as he slowly lift up his head.

 

Kyuhyun did the same. They were both leaning in each other's back, "How did we come to this point?"

 

There was a pregnant pause first before Sungmin answered, "I don't know." He shrugged. 

 

Kyuhyun gently closed his eyes as he felt the cold autumn breeze fanning his face, "It wasn't suppose to be like this. We drifted apart without us knowing. I've missed you." 

 

"I do too." Sungmin answered back.

 

Kyuhyun then leaned his head backwards and snuggled on Sungmin's neck. Sungmin closed his eyes sorrowfully, how he missed this feeling.

 

"Then why?" Kyuhyun softly asked and Sungmin can feel the warm breathing on his skin.

 

"Kyu," he begged.

 

The younger man refused to answer but instead he firmly pressed his face on Sungmin's neck. The midnight autumn season was too sorrowful and too painful for the both of them.

 

"Don't do this.... please. Let me take you away." 

 

 

Sungmin sighed. "Kyu." Again he called out and Sungmin was stunned when he felt droplets of warm painful tears falling and grazing on his neck. The thug on his heart got heavier when he heard Kyuhyun mourning sobs.

 

"I love you hyung." The words came by with a million hopeful wishing stars, waiting for an answer.

 

"But Kyu..." 

 

"I love you." Kyuhyun repeated.

 

"Stop it.... please." Sungmin pleaded, feeling the side of his eyes starting to warm up with tears.

 

"No. Stop asking me to stop feeling this way when you know yourself I couldn't" Kyuhyun exclaimed as he faced Sungmin's back.

 

Sungmin never looked back at Kyuhyun. He never did. Not before, not now and certainly not in the future. And Kyuhyun knows that.

 

"Let's go back." Sungmin said as he started to stand up but Kyuhyun held his arms but Sungmin just shoved it away. And once again, the unbearable pain inside took over Kyuhyun's heart.

 

"You never did love me at all right?" Kyuhyun looked up to Sungmin who was already standing. Sungmin averted his gaze.

 

"Stop asking things that will hurt you." Sungmin said.

 

"Will you be happy with her?" 

 

"Damn Kyuhyun."

 

" you Sungmin."

 

"If only you could." Sungmin counterbacked and Kyuhyun was a little bit surprised.

 

Sungmin squatted and held Kyuhyun's sore face with his loving hands. "I love you Kyu. But maybe... maybe... just maybe this lifetime is not for us." Then slowly he leaned his head forward and claimed Kyuhyun's lips.

 

 

The moonlight witnessed a fulfilled love with a tragic end. And the stars wished that somehow another lifetime can come to both of them and make things happen.