Chapter 1

8 Angels

The leaves rustled in the trees as the wind blows gently. The sound of the  leaves woke her up. She fluttered her eyes opened and felt refresh swiped all over her body as she sat up. Taking a deep breath, she realised how fresh the air is. Speaking of which, the air is... fresh? In this urban city? Something is not right!

 

She looked around and realised that she was in a open greenland and there were no sight of people. What is this place? 

 

'Where am i?' She muttered under her breath which was quickening every single second as she took glances of this unfamilar place. She gripped on the hem of her clothes as she felt the fear building up in her and that was where she took noticed of her outfit. She was dressed in a long white dress that perfectly reached just above her knees.

 

Her eyes widened and was too raw with fear and anxiety for her to shout out loud. Who change her into this outfit? Who? She do not have any recollection of changing into this white dress and she hates dresses! 

 

'Eunso, are you okay?' 

 

Eunso let out a shriek and she kneeled down and pressed her hand against her ears. Who is this person? Why does he knows her name? Is he a ghost?

 

She was trembling with fear.The hand reached out to her shoulder and patted her gently. 

 

'Don't be afraid. I am here to bring you back to angles' court. Come on, lets go.' The man cooed.

 

Out of all the fear and anxiety that she was faced at the momenr, Eunso felt something weird when the man patted her and she could not deciphered. She did not even see the man's face but why do she feel that he is someone closer to her, like a old acquaintance?

 

Out of curiosity, she slowly lifted her head and looked at the owner of this hand. 

 

To her surprise, this man was a young one despite the fact that his voice was pretty similar to a old man. He was also wearing white like she did, except the fact that he had a brooch which was in an 'A' shape, golden in colour. Even though it is just a simple looking brooch with no exaggeration, it gives off a feel of elegance and dignity.

 

As she continued to scrutinise the man, the man spoked again.

 

'Like what you see?' 

 

Eunso widdened her eyes. What like what you see? 

 

'I am just trying to find out who are you. Why are you scaring me?' She looked down and felt fury escalating through her veins that resulted from her anxiety. However, she know she cannot just burst herself in anger. She only had this weird person to question where she is. Maybe he know the answer.

 

Staring at her shoes, so hard that she could make a big hole just with her stare, she parted her lips and allowed the question that she was to ask the moment she found out that she was in this unfamilar place out.

'Where am i? What is this place?'

 

He dramatically took a deep breath and sighed. 

 

'Here? This is the world most most most most....' He casted a look at Eunso, looking at her reaction as Eunso was waiting for his answer a little impatiently. He let out a goofy smile at her and tapped his forefinger on her nose. 

 

'The answer will be revealed after the commercials!'

 

What?! Commercials? 

 

That's it to her limit. Without a word, Eunso raised her hand and slammed it against the (childish)man's head. 

 

'Man! You are still the same. Angel or human, the power of your strength never reduced!' He rubbed his head with his hand and chuckling hard.

 

Eunso rolled her eyes because of his childishness and still, she has not gotten her answer. What was he talking about? What angel?

 

Eunso breathed deeply and stared at him. Talking to this man needs tons of patience man!

 

He cleared his throat and smile at her. 

'We are now in Prep. This place that you are dying to know is called The Prep.'

 

'The Prep?' Eunso hesitantly repeated.

 

'What does The Prep means?'

 

'The Prep means the place for the  preparation for humans to become angels. But for your case it is slightly different.' He happily annouced.

 

'Different? Why am i different?' Eunso blinked. ' And angel? What angel? Am i going to be a angel?' She bombarded him with all the questions that she was curious about.

 

He smiled sweetly, again.

 

'The answer that you are looking for is in the Angels' court. I will bring you there.' He said, while pointing his forefinger upwards.

 

Then, he reached out his hand, signalling her to hold it.

Eunso stared at his hands weirdly. Why does she need to hold his hands in order to go to what Angels' court. He saw her hesitanting and voluntary took her hand into his gently. 

 

'You know we have to hold hands in order to go to Angels' Court.' He smiled widely.

 

'Why? Is that a requirement to enter Angels' Court? Can we don't hold hands? I don't hold hands with strangers.' Eunso said as she fidgeted her hand uncomfortably.

 

He casted her a look. 'We can don't hold our hands.' 

 

Eunso brightened up, 'Really?'

 

He nodded. 'We can hug together instead. You want?' He took a step nearer to Eunso, causing her to widen her eyes even more.

 

'Never mind, i think i just hold your hand.' Eunso said as she shook her head.

 

'By the way, how do we enter the Angels' Court?'

 

'By teleporting you with me.'

 

'How?'

 

'Just close your eyes. When you open your eyes, we will be in the Angels' Court already.' He looked at her, sincerely.

 

Feeling his sincerity, she closed her eyes.... After like about five minutes, she felt nothing happen like flying or the feeling of teleporting. It was just her standing there, holding hands with a stranger dumbly.

 

Eunso opened her eyes, only found herself greeted by a face who was staring at her, affectionally. For the first time she met him until now, this was the first time she actually felt him being so serious looking.

 

Feeling embarrassed, she immediately took a step back, keeping a safe distance from his face and detached her hand from his. And what he said next, shocked her.

 

'I missed you. Alot.'

 

It was such a simple sentence but she could sense the sincerity that every word brought. It was unknown to her when her heart suddenly felt warm and fuzzy when he said this words. Why?

 

Both stared at each other, with different things going through their mind. 

 

Like what a good ten minutes, he got a hold of her hand again and seems going to bring her to the court for real this time.

 

 He took a deep breath, 'Are you ready?'

 

'Much more ready then you.' She barked.

 

'One thing before we go.' He pointed out.

 

Eunso felt annoyed and rebuked. 'What again?'

 

'Aren't you curious who I am? What is my name?' He looked at her, anticipating.

 

Eunso laughed loudly in her mind. Haha! Time for her to back!

 

'Yeaaaaaaa.... NO!' 

 

He looked slightly disapointed and puckered his mouth, 'Why are you so bad to me?'

 

Hahaha, got you man, she thought and laughed loudly as if like a crazy woman(even though it isn't really funny).

 

He steal a glance at her, ignoring at her laughter. 

 

'For real, we are going to Angels' Court NOW.' He poked his finger at her shoulder, signalling her to stop laughing.

 

'Okay okay.' Eunso wiped an imaginary tear from the corner of her eye, formed from laughing too much at his reaction for no reason.

 

'My name is V.' 

 

He said, seconds before they were both engulfed into a total brightness.