Let's Go Practice

Let's Go Practice - Suga

"Again"

"Again"

"Again":

That word you were beginning to hate, repeating over the same rap sequence over and over again. Pouring more of yourself into each time you rapped it, you couldn’t seem to get that look off of your mentor that was sitting against the mirrors with his legs crossed, his hands in his lap while his head shook slightly.

"Again" Suga, your mentor, cut you off mid sequence as you started to get frustrated. Glancing over at the clock, you noticed the hands had moved several hours since you first started this song.

Sighing, you lifted your hand and ran it through your hair while you took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling while you popped out one hip to try and relax for a moment.

"What are you doing? I told you to do it again" Suga told you sternly as your eyes opened and slowly looked down at him.

"But I don’t even know what I am doing wrong. We have been working on this for hours and I don’t know how to improve on my rap" You told him sternly as you watched him stand up on his feet and move towards you.

"I told you to do it again" He got close to you as his eyes threatened yours.

"If you aren’t going to mentor me in what I need to do differently, why do I need to listen to you?" You snapped at him as your arms folded over your chest.

"Fine, just do what you want then" Suga backed up and waved you off with one hand. Grabbing his jacket, he walked over to the door and opened it swiftly. Taking a quick exit, he walked down the hall letting the door close loudly behind him.

 

Your eyes stayed on the door that he just walked out of, a sigh leaving your lips as you walked over to your bag and sipped your water slowly trying to figure out what he was trying to say with that one word.

Suga’s steps slowed the further he walked. Turning around slowly he looked back at the door that you were practicing in. Slumping his shoulders a little his fingers played with the jacket in his hands before his eyes dropped to watch his fingers play with the fabric.

"You were amazing, I don’t want to stop listening to you. That is why I kept asking you to repeat it so I could listen to you over and over again" Suga mumbled to himself before his steps picked back up as he headed to his manager’s office to tell him that you didn’t need his help anymore.

Working on your rap a little more, you noticed the shadows move in the studio until the dark sky seeped through the windows. Continuing to try the rap in different ways, you gave up after another few hours and headed back to the dorm and tried to get some sleep.

"Hey Suga! How was your tutoring with the new girl?"Jimin smiled widely as Suga slid the shoulder strap of his bag down his arm while he closed the front door behind him.

"I’m not going to mentor her anymore" Suga sighed, catching the other member’s attention.

"What do you mean? Didn’t the manager assign you to help her?" Jungkook questioned while he turned around on the couch, his chin resting on his arms that folded over the back of the couch.

"He did, but she doesn’t want my help." Suga hung his shoulders low while his socked feet shuffled to the fridge to grab a cool water.

"How could she not want your help?" Jin chuckled under his words. Silence settled around the members while the leader had something come into his mind.

"Were you mean to her? Like really harsh?" Rap Monster asked with a quirked eyebrow

"Kind of like how you are to us when you haven’t gotten enough sleep?"

"Then you make us do it over and over and over again even though we are doing it perfectly every time…."

The members rattle off while Suga tightened his grip on the cool water bottle. Closing the door, he rested the water bottle on the counter while he closed his eyes. His heart sunk into his stomach as he pivoted on his foot and shuffled across the kitchen.

"I’m going to bed" He mumbled as he tried to fake a yawn. Shuffling down to his bedroom, he pushed open the door and closed the white door behind him.

Shuffling over to his bed, he fell down on the comfy blankets while he rested the water on his side table so his hands could cover his face in regret.

"Was I really that mean to her? I only wanted to listen to her rap. I didn’t mean for her to get upset at me. I mean it was perfect in every way and she didn’t mess up once in two hours." Suga talked to himself though his hands.

Letting out a groan he rolled over and dug his face into his pillow while he let the cool sensation of the pillow hit against his burning cheeks. After a while of thinking, he fronted his feelings that he had pushed down for so long.

Suga had a crush on you.

Months passed as he watched you progress and grow as an artist. Always walking by your practice room on his way out, he always heard you practicing harder than ever before. On the harder days he would wait in the hallway and just listen to you for hours until he felt slightly better to head home.

However, one day, he couldn’t help himself as he walked up to the pine door and knocked his knuckles on it softly. Listening to you finish your line, he heard your footsteps get louder as you approached the door. Opening the door, you looked at Suga in surprise.

"Suga… what are you doing here?" You questioned as you stood up a little taller trying to show him that you were doing just fine without him as a mentor.

"I-I-I…." Suga’s tongue started to tie into knots, "Wrong room, s-s-sorry" He bowed quickly to you before he walked away and off around the corner.

Listening to the door close, he sighed a deep breath while his heart continued to pound against his ribs. Eying a vending machine across the hall, he took out some money to buy you an ice cold water. Listening to it roll out of the machine, he grabbed it from the little door and walked over to your door.

Placing the water down on the ground, he knocked on the door before running down the hall to watch you from afar. Seeing you emerge from behind the door once more, you looked up and down the hallway before picking up the water and bringing it back into your room.

Day after day, he continued to bring you water, trying to undo the cold mean words that he told you those long months ago.

"What do you mean someone has been leaving waters outside of your door?" Your friend, Myla, questioned as you walked over to the recording room with her.

"Someone has been leaving cold waters from the vending machines outside of my practice room door" You told her as you pulled out your half filled water bottle that you got last night.

"Oooo~ Looks like someone has a crush on you" Myla smiled and gently brushed your shoulder with hers as your manager opened the door for you. Myla waved to you as she continued walking to her vocal practice.

"No one can have a crush on me" You whispered under your breath, meanwhile Suga watched you from around the corner and slid his hands into his pockets as he walked over to the same door that you disappeared through.

"Please, take a seat. We are waiting on one more person then we can start." Your manager informed the strangely familiar man that sat on one end of the long table.

Taking your seat in the comfy leather chairs, you played with your fingers that rested in your lap until you heard the subtle click of the door open, dipping your head lower, your toes started to tap against the carpet below.

"Thank you for coming in, Suga" Your manager stood up and shook his hand. "Especially on such short notice."

"It is no problem" Suga bowed to his manager and yours as he took his seat across from you.

"Let’s get right down to business" The man that you found vaguely familiar said as you assumed that it was Suga’s manager. "Suga you promised to help tutor _____, however I came to find that you haven’t been mentoring her for the past several months like you promised."

"Yes, sir" Suga looked at his manager right in the eyes

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?" His manager probed wanting to hear both sides of the story.

"It was all my fault. Don’t take it out on her, the blame is solely mine." Suga dropped his head in submission to his manager.

"I see~ so she had nothing to do with it?" Your manger spoke up as you watched Suga’s brown eyes look over in your direction then to the manager’s.

"She had nothing to do with it" Suga repeated as the managers turned their gaze to you.

"Do you have anything more you want to say?" Your manger asked you, seeing Suga’s head shake slightly from side to side, you knew that he was covering for you and you had no idea why he was trying to cover up what really happened.

"Nothing more is needed to say" You looked at both of them as they nodded.

"Then you two are dismissed but mentor her all today, Suga" His manager ordered as the two of you stood up.

"Yes, sir" Suga nodded and bowed respectfully to the both of them as you did the same.

Heading towards the door, Suga opened the heavy door for you while you walked out into the hallway. Closing the door behind him, he followed you slowly down to your dance room.

"Why did you do that?" You questioned once you turned the corner out of earshot from the offices.

"I didn’t want you to get in trouble for what really happened" Suga glanced up at you before returning his eyes back to the floor as his hands hung out of his pockets.

"Why do you care? You are just my mentor" You stopped in your tracks as you looked at him.

”______, just trust me. It was better that they didn’t know.” Suga tried to reason with you as you just shook your head.

"Why?" You told him as you ran your fingers through your hair.

"They wouldn’t have let me tutor you if they knew the truth" He confessed as his toes brushed against the carpet in the hallway.

"What truth?" You probed thinking that there was something deeper than your little disagreement in the studio.

"I have a crush on you" He told you quietly but clearly, "That is why I was being so harsh on you. I wanted you to be the best and I loved to listen to you."

Suga started to blush before he moved past you as you blinked in confusion as what just happened. Trotting to catch up to him, you rested your hand on his arm as he froze and looked over at you.

"What do you really think of my rapping then?" Your wide eyes looked up at him almost trying to pull the truth from his eyes.

"I think you are super talented and better than you give yourself credit for. You will go far just keep up the hard work." Suga gave you a grin before he watched your reaction.

Feeling your heart drop at his first compliment, you dropped your eyes while your hand fell from his arm and hung next to his hand.

"Come on" He smiled and slipped his hand through yours, "We have a lot to do before we can get you on stage."