I Saw it First

I Saw it First

Jonghyun saw the turtleneck first, he swore he did, but this claimed it was his. The cream coloured turtleneck was hanging at the back of the store on the top rack, it was kind of hard to miss, and both of the boys saw it when they entered, little did they know that there was only one left.

 

“Come on, it won’t even fit you,” Jonghyun whined, “You’re too thin, it’ll just be too big!”

 

The younger boy laughed, “and it’ll look better on you, shorty?”

 

Jonghyun flared his nostrils, he hated it when people mentioned his shortness in stature, “I think I will, and I’ll prove it to you.” The angry blonde grabbed the raven haired boy, dragging him through the store as Jonghyun looked for just the right accessories for the garment.

 

The two eventually got to the dressing rooms with the turtleneck, a pair of tight skinny jeans, various earrings and a few watches. Jonghyun sat the younger boy down and took the turtleneck and other things into the first dressing room. He put on the outfit, matching the watch with the earrings, and checked himself out in the mirror, fixing his hair. There’s no way I’m going to lose this one, he thought, smirking at himself, he won’t look any better than I do.

 

Jonghyun stepped out of the dressing room with his hands on his hips, “do I look good, or do I look good.”

 

The boy sat with his arms crossed and bit his lip, Jonghyun swears he saw a tinge of red to the younger boy’s cheeks. “Okay,” the boy said standing up, “my turn.” While Jonghyun changed back into his regular clothes the younger boy went to find his own accessories. When the shorter man stepped out of the dressing room, the boy was standing there with just a pair of jeans.

 

Jonghyun smirked, “really? Just a pair of jeans?”

 

The younger man scoffed and grabbed the turtleneck, “like I need things to look good in something.”

 

Jonghyun waited with his legs crossed, impatiently swinging his leg. He was getting into a good rhythm with the song that was playing in the store when the raven haired boy cleared his throat, getting Jonghyun’s attention. The older boy looked up to see the younger boy standing in the turtleneck and a pair of black ripped up skinny jeans, exposing his legs to the open air. It was quite the opposite from what Jonghyun expected, the boy filled out the turtleneck nicely. It stretched nicely across the boy’s chest, and you could clearly see his biceps under the fabric. Jonghyun caught himself staring and looked away, blushing.

 

Jonghyun wanted to just tell the boy that he had won, but was asked a question before he could, “what’s your name, do you go to the college around here?”

 

The older boy was surprised by the question but went along with it anyway, “I’m Jonghyun, and why do you want to know?”

 

The raven haired boy rolled his eyes, “here’s the deal, based on your reaction I think we should just call it a tie. We can both pay half, and then we’ll share it.”

 

“How will that work? and why does it matter if I go to the college?” Jonghyun crossed his arms, not realising what the boy had said.

 

“I don’t know, switch every other week? And if you went to the same college as me, it would just make it easier.”

 

It suddenly clicked in Jonghyun’s head, “Wait a minute. You thought it looked good on me!”

 

The younger boy blushed and avoided Jonghyun’s gaze, “yeah, so, what’s your point?”

 

“Okay,” Jonghyun smiled, “we can share it. What’s your name, and what dorm are you in?”

 

“Taemin,” the boy said, still blushing a little at Jonghyun’s smile, “and I’m in Davis Hall.”

 

Jonghyun’s eyes lit up, “oh my god, I’m in that dorm too! How come I’ve never seen you?”

 

“It’s a four story building, not including the basement Jonghyun,” Taemin reminded him, “and I live in that basement.”

 

Jonghyun started rambling on about how living on the top floor . Something about the fact that it’s too warm in the summer and freezing in the winter, and there was no middle ground. Taemin just smiled and nodded, following the older boy to the checkout. The two purchased their items and made their way to their dorm laughing about how surprising it was that they hadn’t met until now when the semester was nearly over.