One Dramatic Confession //jihope//

BTS oneshot dump (~・ o ・~)

Jimin hurried through the streets, pulling his snapback low over eyes and tugging his coat and scarf tighter around his body, shivering slightly in the cold, crisp early-morning air. His breath puffed out in misty clouds as he scanned the shopfronts, the weak, golden light from the dawn lighting his face.

Jimin stopped outside a small shop, its sign creaking slightly in the wind. He pushed open the door and stepped inside, rubbing his hands together to dispel the cold. A bell jingled cheerfully somewhere over his head. He glanced around the store and pulled his snapback off, letting his fringe flop over his forehead.

He looked around at the bright display cases. “Excuse me, is someone here?”

A middle-aged woman pulled aside a curtain leading to the back of the store. She glanced at Jimin. “Hello, how can I help you?”

"I placed an order here a few weeks ago… would you mind getting me the-"

The woman smiled cheerily. “Of course. I’ll be back in a minute.” She dissapeared behind the curtain and returned with a small velvet box. Turning to the counter, she tied a small ribbon around it and placed it carefully into a gift bag. “Here you go. Thank you for doing business with us.”

Jimin nodded. “Thank you again.” He turned and stepped out into the street, holding the gift bag. The door shut behind him. He took a deep, shuddery breath.

Today would be the day he confessed.
————————————————————————————————

Hoseok blearily rubbed his eyes, squinting against the bright morning sunlight and shuffling sleepily to the kitchen.

"Good morning, what’s for breakf-"

He stopped short at the doorway.

Why does everyone look so down?

Namjoon and Seokjin were standing by the stove, discussing quietly with serious faces while Seokjin half-heartedly washed pots and pans. Taehyung jittered by the fridge, frantically calling people and talking with a fast, panicky pace, while Jungkook sat at the table, blankly staring at his untouched food. Yoongi paced the room, his eyes shifting nervously from one window to another.

And Jimin… wasn’t in the room at all.

"Guys? What’s going on? And where’s Jimin…?"

Namjoon slowly turned to Hoseok with a heavy expression. “Jimin is… we can’t find him anywhere.”

All the colour drained out of Hoseok’s face. ”What…?”

Seokjin said, “When I went to wake everyone up, he wasn’t in bed and his blankets were cold. His coat and shoes are missing as well.”

Jungkook spoke up, still staring at the tabletop. "Jimin was acting weird yesterday. Really nervous."

Yoongi stopped pacing in front of the table. He tapped his fingers jerkily on the wood. “I think I heard someone leave the dorm at around five this morning. But I was half asleep, so I’m not sure.”

Hoseok sweared. “Why the hell didn’t you guys wake me up!?”

He rounded up on Seokjin. “You-“

A triumphant shout from Taehyung stopped him in his tracks.

"I found him!"

He jumped excitedly around the kitchen, but was pulled roughly to a stop by Hoseok. “Where is he?” he snarled.

Taehyung froze and nearly dropped the phone. “H-he’s at the practice room…”

Just as suddenly as Hoseok grabbed him, he let Taehyung go, who stumbled against the countertop. Hoseok already rushing down the hallway and pulling his coat and shoes on before the others could register what was happening. The door slammed closed behind Hoseok’s receding figure.

Silence enveloped the dorm.

Namjoon let out a sudden laugh, which started the others off as well. “He fell for it!”

Jungkook leapt up and whooped. “I did a good job!” He sat down and began stuffing his face with his breakfast.

Taehyung scoffed. “I did a better job! Didn’t I, Seokjin-hyung? I was the one who convinced him~!” He pouted and waved his phone about.

Seokjin laughed, wiping his hands and placing a plate of food in front of Yoongi who had sat at the table. “I think you both did well. Actually, everyone did well.”

Yoongi picked up his chopsticks and began eating. “Do you think I laid it on too heavy?” he said around a mouthful of food.

Namjoon smiled and leaned over to ruffle Yoongi’s unruly hair, making it even messier. “You did perfectly, hyung.”

Yoongi grunted affectionately and smacked Namjoon’s hand away.

Namjoon leaned back against the countertop and tilted his head back. “What I’m worried about is whether he’ll accept him or not…”

Seokjin raised a soapy hand to pat Namjoon’s shoulder. “I’m sure it’ll be fine. Didn’t you see the way Hoseok rushed out?”

Namjoon tilted his head back down. “Yeah… I guess it’ll go well- hey! Jin, you got my shoulder wet!” Namjoon yelled. He dipped his hands into the sink and splashed Seokjin in the face, which caused him to shriek and splash Namjoon back, which caused Taehyung to yell “WATER FIGHT” and grab a water bottle from the fridge and dump the contents over Jungkook’s head, which caused Jungkook to gasp and whip his glass of orange juice at Taehyung but miss and splash over Yoongi’s front, which made Yoongi jump up and swear and toss his mug of already-lukewarm coffee at Jungkook which instead hit Taehyung and… well, you get the idea.
_________________________________________________________

Hoseok rushed through the streets, taking no heed of pedestrians and using any shortcut he could find. He ended up at the back of the BigHit building and raced inside to the lift.

The lift door opened with a ping. Hoseok stepped inside, impatiently jabbing at the button for the practise room. He jittered all the way up.

When the lift finally reached the correct floor, Hoseok ran to the practise room and nearly ripped the door off its hinges in his haste to find Jimin-

Hoseok stopped short in the doorway for the second time in an half an hour.

Colourful fairy lights strung the ceiling, casting a soft-but-bright glow over everything in the room. Rose petals were scattered all over the floor. Gauzy, pastel-coloured curtains veiled the mirrored walls, floating gently on a soft breeze. Soft, sweet music played in the background.

Hoseok slowly let go of the doorknob, wonder on his face. He stepped into the room, reaching up to touch a string of fairy lights and running his hand across the filmy material of a curtain.

A soft cough from the corner of the room made him turn to see Jimin.

Jimin shifted nervosly from foot to foot. He rubbed his nose slightly with the side of one finger, and looked up hesitantly to see Hoseok looking back at him with a mixture of wonder and worry.

Jimin’s heart nearly jumped out of his chest. Do it now!

He hesitantly stepped towards Hoseok just as the first notes of Rainbow started playing over the speakers. Jimin experimentally hummed under his breath to check on his voice, and began to sing with a slightly wavering voice which picked up and became beautiful, trilling notes.

 I am hit by Cupid’s arrow
 My heart has been stolen
 It’s a fate-like love
 
 Your smile is like an angel’s

 I want to make you my man
 I don’t know, don’t know how to steal your heart
 
 One, two, three, should I approach you?

 Three, two, one, should I confess to you?
 I want to be in your embrace and tell you
 
 Twinkle, twinkle, you shine, you’re my sunshine boy
 A person like the sunlight, oh my boy
 My heart is nervous and trembling

 Do you know how I feel? You’re my sunshine boy
 A person like the sea, oh my boy
 You stole my shy heart

As the last few beats faded away, Jimin shoved one hand into his pocket and pulled something out, holding the small object tightly in his fist. He his fist out, nearly catching Hoseok in the face. He caught one of Hoseok’s wrists with his other hand, pushing the object he was holding into Hoseok’s palm. Hoseok folded his fingers around the item. He looked at it and saw a small square box, wrapped in pale green paper and tied with a neat white ribbon.

Jimin shoved his hands in his pockets, looking anywhere but at Hoseok.

Hoseok looked up at Jimin, tilting his head in confusion. Jimin motioned at the gift with his shoulder and mumbled, “O-open it.”

Hoseok obliged, ripping away the wrapping. A navy-blue velvet box was left sitting on his palm as the green wrapping fluttered to the floor.

Jimin reached out and opened the little box with shaking hands.

Hoseok gasped softly. Inside, a silver ring lay nestled in the velvet.

Jimin raised his eyes slowly to meet Hoseok’s. He took a deep breath.

Three simple words.

"I- I… Um. Hyung… I, uh… well… I don’t know how to explain it, but it’s just that… when you’re with me, I feel really happy… and when you laugh, I feel like the world just sort of… fills with light, and when you’re not with me, I- I get this urge to just want to see you, or h-hear your voice… or something… I can’t describe it… Hyung, It’s just that you make me feel really h-happy… I can laugh when you’re around, and you make me smile… I-I think I’m in love with you.

Jimin ducked his head and squeezed his eyes shut, mentally slapping himself.Why did I keep on rambling? So stupid- damn it…

Suddenly, Jimin was swept of his feet by a laughing Hoseok. He was spun around dizzyingly, his feet flying off the floor and hands clutching blindly at Hoseok’s chest. “H-Hyung! What are you d-doing!?”

Hoseok set Jimin on his feet and grasped his shoulders, clutching the ring tightly in one hand, the velvet box having been flung off somewhere in the room. He smiled ecstatically at Jimin, happiness and love dancing in his eyes.

"What am I doing? I’m loving you.

Jimin’s eyes widened, his jaw dropped. He gasped in a few breaths, trying to find the words to describe how he felt. Stunned? Overjoyed?

Hoseok laughed his sunny laugh again, pulling Jimin in for a hug. He nuzzled into Jimin’s ear, smiling when he felt Jimin slide his arms around his waist.

They were snapped out of their blissful bubble by the sound of party poppers going off in their ears.

"Congratulations!"

Hoseok and Jimin jerked away from each other’s arms, looking around in alarm, only to see the other members of Bangtan Sonyeondan standing around them with huge smiles on their faces, popping party poppers and throwing colourful confetti at the pair. Teasing shouts of “Look at them, so red in the face~” and “Give him a kiss already!” and rang out around the room. Taehyung and Jungkook, more mischievous than the others, shoved Jimin and Hoseok towards each other, while Yoongi stumbled around laughing at the antics of the maknae and the alien.

Hoseok gaped at them, uncomprehending the situation.

Jimin giggled and blushed. “Hyung… I, uh, got them to set you up so you would come here. S-so I could confess.”

Hoseok stared at Jimin, then whirled around to shake Taehyung senseless. “How could you trick me like that!?” he yelled, despite the smile that was stretched over his face. He let go of a dazed Taehyung, and spun to mock-glare at the others. “I was actually really worried!”

Yoongi, who had recovered from his outburst of mirth, straightened up and said, “Jiminie wanted his confession to you to be perfect… I guess it was, from the way he’s blushing like crazy and from the way you’re smiling.”

He leaned forwards and pinched Jimin’s cheeks. “Aigoo, so cute~”

Jimin pouted,grabbing at Hoseok’s shoulder. “Hyung! Help me~ Yoongi-hyung’s acting scary!”

Namjoon laughed and wrapped an arm around Seokjin’s shoulders. “I see a ring… well, what are you waiting for?”

Jin did an imitation of the hand choreography in Beyoncé’s ‘Single Ladies’. “Put a ring on it!”

Jimin blushed even harder and rubbed his nose, looking timidly at Hoseok, who was smiling and covering his mouth with his hand. He raised his other hand towards Jimin.

Jimin took the ring from Hoseok, fumbling a little. He slipped the thin band of silver onto his middle finger.

A round of cheers went up around the room. “Hip-hip, hooray!” “Congrats!” More party poppers went off, more confetti was thrown. Taehyung did a spot-on imitation of an screaming, excited monkey and Namjoon did his funny crump dance, complete with facial scrunches, out of sheer happiness, while the rest of the members slapped the new couple on their backs hard and playfully shoved them against each other.

Jimin found himself stumbling into Hoseok, faceplanting into his chest and arms going around his waist. Hoseok caught him by the shoulders instinctively with a surprised little oomph.

Jimin looked up, flustered, and started stammering apologies. The words died on his tongue when he saw Hoseok looking at him with those mesmerising eyes.

The others in the room quietened when they saw Hoseok and Jimin in their quiet little bubble. They started backing quietly out of the room, Jungkook ushering out a dawdling Taehyung who was still jumping around (silently) with excitement.

The two males barely heard the door softly shut. They were only conscious of their loudly beating hearts, the soft breaths, the way their skin tingled where they were in contact with one another, the soft warm eyes of Hoseok and the shy, fluttering eyes of Jimin.

They moved fractionally closer to each other, their gazes flicking between lips and eyes. Their breath mingled together, vanilla mixing with strawberry, creating a heady scent that seemed to lace the air around them.

Hoseok bent his head a little lower to graze his lips against Jimin’s, his eyelids almost closing all the way.

Jimin shivered a little at the slight contact, gripping the back of Hoseok’s coat.

Hoseok raised a hand to Jimin’s face, gently caressing. Jimin could feel the coolness of the ring against his skin.

He tiptoed slightly, pressing his lips against Hoseok’s and closing his eyes, a mad blush rushing to his cheeks.

Hoseok’s hand slipped from Jimin’s cheek to the back of his head, his fingers teasing the soft strands. His other arm circled Jimin’s shoulders, holding him close against his chest.

An all-consuming surge of happiness swept through Jimin’s very being. He was suddenly feeling light-headed and giddy with joy, making him feel like he would float from Hoseok’s arms from sheer bliss.

Unconsciously, Jimin began to tiptoe higher and higher, and only opened his eyes when he heard Hoseok make an amused sound in his throat. He found himself staring at Hoseok’s forehead, his lips on Hoseok’s nose.

Hoseok pulled away and laughed heartily, doubling over on his knees. Jimin pouted and knocked Hoseok on the head with his knuckles. “Seokkie-ah, stop laughing! It’s not funny.”

Hoseok looked up and giggled a bit after realising that Jimin had called him Seokkie. He straightened up and patted Jimin’s cheek. “Already making nicknames for me, ChimChim?”

Jimin swallowed nervously before saying hesitantly, “Is… Is that okay?”

Hoseok laughed and said, “Well… since we are officially a couple, I would say it’s perfectly fine to make up cute nicknames for each other.”

Jimin blushed fiercely at Hoseok’s choice of words. He covered his face with his hands and tilted his head down while stamping his feet softly. “Shu… shut up.”

It hit Hoseok for the thousandth time how cute Jimin could be- he wanted to squish his cheeks and ruffle his head and squeeze him in a bear hug all over again.

Jimin looked up when he didn’t hear anything from Hoseok-

"Hyung? What are you doing?"

Hoseok was jittering on the spot, agitatedly tapping his fingers on his cheeks. He looked like he was trying to suppress something. “I really want to hug you right now…”

Jimin giggled and stepped forwards, wrapping his arms around Hoseok's waist a little tentatively. He tiptoed and squished his cheek against the older's. "You can hug me whenever you want, S-Seokkie."

Hoseok laughed in surprise and pulled Jimin tightly into his chest, overwhelming happiness threatening to make him choke up. He buried his nose into Jimin's hair, mumbling a soft "I love you."

Jimin pecked Hoseok's cheek, smiling and whispering an equally soft "I love you" back.

Thank you for accepting my heart.

~~~END~~~


 

Author's Note:

hmmmm... idk about the ending... :/ and also Jimin's personality is pretty... fluctuating I guess? He's like -shyshyshy>.<- then all cUTE but still shy but also slightly bold and I read over this and was like 'whaaaat Jimin is so... oh well whatever'

and that kitchen waterfight scene... I'm sorry... I don't know where that came from... *facepalm *

but heres some fluffy jihope (ノ◕ヮ◕)*:・゚✧FLUFF:✧*)>□<)/

the song lyrics I used was from this song called Sunshine. The band who sang it is called Rainbow.

tbh the song is too upbeat for the mood I'm trying to set... I cant find a softer version so please imagine a soft version of the song ;v; bUT THE LYRICS WERE SO PERFECT the lyrics matched what Jimin was feeling/ Hoseok's personality so I was like 'I am so using this'

it took me a long time to get this done sorry sorry *bows * bUT ITS FINALLY FINISHED

sorry not sorry procrastination

ok im done here. * awkward out*