One

small spaces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
small spaces (1)

"C'mo-o-o-n." Taehyung coaxed over the phone.

"Ugh," Jungkook groaned.

If he was honest, the only reason that he didn't want to go to this party was because he felt awkward around so many people. He was a third year, and being around crowds of drunk (probably fifth year) people and thumping music and small spaces... Jungkook grimaced. He preferred the open, albeit messy, space of his own bedroom with his headphones plugged in.

"Kook, it's not even a school night. It's Saturday." Taehyung stated. "So it's not like you're missing anything. You've probably done all of your homework, right?"

Jungkook looked silently at his stack of finished homework on his right. He sighed quietly.

"But--"

"Ko-o-o-ok!" Taehyung whined, "please! Please, please, please! If you don't go, then I'll have no one to go with and Namjoon hyung will think I'm a loser forever!"

Well, that was a lie. First of all, Namjoon hyung was a total dork. And Hobi hyung had already agreed to go along with Taehyung.

As if he knew that Jungkook was thinking this through, Taehyung whined again, sounding pitiful along the phone.

Jungkook sighed again.

"Okay, okay. Fine. But I swear to God, if anyone throws up on me, I am out. Do you hear me? Out. I will personally tell Namjoon hyung that you wore diapers until you were 5. Okay?"

"What the , that's not even--" Jungkook tutted. Taehyung swallowed his words. "Okay. It starts in like, half an hour. But you're close, so. Yeah. Just be ready, okay? I'll come to yours."

Jungkook hung up, with what he hoped was an air of drama, in reply.

-

Half an hour turned into forty five minutes, then an hour, and it was only when Jungkook, chewing the side of his cheek, counted one hour and one minute and thirty seven seconds, that the doorbell rang. He flew down the stairs and tripped down the last step.

"I'm late." Taehyung announced when Jungkook opened the door.

"Yes. You idiot." Jungkook rolled his eyes. He looked over his shoulder. "Mom! I'm going out!"

An immediate reply came, "be back by 10 o'clock, okay? Dinner is in the fridge. Don't forget your coat. And remember to--"

"Mom, I love you!"

"I love you too!"

Jungkook tucked his keys in his pocket, ushered Taehyung back out and closed the door behind him.

"D'you say I love you to all the girls to make them stop talking?" Taehyung teased. Jungkook threw daggers at him, trying not to blush.

Jungkook wasn't really even looking at girls anymore.

It was in third year when Jungkook realised that not only were girls pretty, but also boys. Maybe even more so than girls, but he didn't exactly have a preference over either. 

It hit him like a ton of bricks when he first felt Park Jimin, a fifth year, bump into him on their  first week of school. They didn't know really know each other. Hoseok, or Hobi hyung knew Park Jimin through their school's dance department (which Hobi kept begging him to join) and Taehyung knew him from their music department (which Taehyung kept begging him to join), but other than that, they were perfect strangers.

It was like the penny had finally dropped. Plus all of his books, but that hadn't been the problem.

Park Jimin had faltered in wherever he was walking to, bending down to gather up all of Jungkook's books

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter