final.

Marry Me

“Don’t talk to me.”

 

Wendy could see her other half huffing on the way to their bedroom, slamming the door in the process just to show how mad she was at the latter. That’s Bae Joohyun, the epitome of jealousy and pure cuteness.

 

Call her crazy but Wendy actually like the fact that Joohyun’s head over heels for her, and that she would murder anyone who’s within her radius if she saw them flirting with her girlfriend.

 

Well, not literally of course.

 

Apparently this time, Joohyun had accidentally seen one of Wendy’s male colleagues having his arm over Wendy’s shoulder in a friendly way, while Joohyun was about to deliver Wendy’s lunchbox and of course, that made her explode.

 

No one was allowed to touch her girlfriend, since Wendy is hers and only hers so Joohyun ended up giving the poor guy a kick in the groin and left Wendy to starve at her workplace.

 

Wendy didn’t mind it though.

 

She liked seeing her girlfriend getting possessive over her.

 

Whenever she was asked on the reason why she’s willing to stay for so long with such a crazy woman, Wendy would reply them all with a smile and keep mum every time.

 

Even if she were to tell them why, they would never understand.

 

Wendy heaved a sigh and smiled to herself as she watched Joohyun’s back disappear into the room, plopping herself onto the couch. She knew exactly how to appease her girlfriend but perhaps, she should do something different she thought.

 

After all, their third year anniversary is only a few hours away.

 

-

 

By the time Joohyun managed to calm her nerves and peek into the living room, Wendy was long gone from the house. Joohyun of course couldn’t help but to wonder where on earth did her girlfriend disappear to in the middle of the night, her lips pursing into a pout.

 

“Where did she go…” she said, taking a look at the purple Mickey Mouse doll in her hand that she had given to Wendy for her birthday, one of the things she knew Wendy cherishes a lot. Every time Joohyun is mad at her girlfriend, the latter would always hide the toy behind the tree in their backyard for revenge, and tonight is no different from the other days.

 

“Whatever,” she huffed and stuck her tongue out at the toy, imagining that it was the owner herself before making her way to the back of the house to do her job. “You’re going to sleep outside for a few days mister.”

 

Joohyun stopped on her tracks just a few steps away from the tree, the moment she shivered from the cold air. She almost regret the fact that she’s out there without wearing anything warm but she figured that she shouldn’t bother much about it since she won’t be out there for long, she thought.

 

But she’s starting to feel bad for Wendy’s favourite toy though. “It’s cold out here… I kind of feel bad for you.”

 

“Then you don’t have to put poor Mickey outside.”

 

A familiar voice came out of nowhere all of the sudden, making her jump a little and Joohyun knew exactly who it was even before she managed to turn around to face the owner of the voice.

 

“Wha- Where did you come from?”

 

“From the heavens, my princess. But I thought that someone’s not talking to me tonight?” Wendy raised her brow, a playful smile playing on her lips and Irene could only puff her cheeks in return as she held the toy in hostage.

 

“I’m not talking to you.”

 

“You are though.”

 

“I-I’m leaving you all alone here!” Joohyun squinted her eyes towards her girlfriend, scrunching her nose afterwards as she turned around on her heels to get back into the house but Wendy was quick enough to stop her from doing so.

 

“I’m sorry,” Wendy said, pulling the other girl into her embrace. For one second, Joohyun actually contemplated to stay in that position but she remembered that she was supposed to be mad at her girlfriend.

 

And she tried her best to act mad (not), really.

 

“Let me go…” Joohyun whispered, making no effort at all to push Wendy away and the smile on Wendy’s face could only grow wider as she went on to tighten her hold of Joohyun.

 

“Don’t want to. You like warm hugs and me.”

 

“Conceited,” Joohyun muttered under her breath, a blush starting to creep on her cheeks.

 

“Only for you my love,” Wendy chuckled heartily and gave a quick peck to Joohyun’s cheek. “I’m sorry,” she whispered.

 

“…I’m s-“

 

It took Joohyun long to answer her girlfriend but the moment she opened to do so, she was silenced by Wendy herself as the latter placed a finger over her lips, shaking her head.

 

“You don’t have to say that.”

 

“But-“

 

“Let me do all the talking tonight,” Wendy said, smiling from ear to ear as she took Irene’s hand into hers, giving it a gentle squeeze. The moment just calls for her to execute her plan. The plan she had been giving a lot of thoughts for a long time. Perhaps, she could’ve picked a better time or place but screw all that, she thought. All that matters is that Joohyun was right there with her, in her arms.

 

“I’ve been thinking a lot Bae Joohyun. About you, about us. And honestly, no one fits the picture perfectly other than you. I know that this is not as romantic as those dramas you had been watching but I just want you to know that I love you. I really love you,” Wendy slowly pulled away from Joohyun, twirling the latter around to face her and right after Joohyun stood before her, Wendy got on her knee.

 

Joohyun only stared at her girlfriend in surprise, still not being able to register what was happening in front of her even when Wendy went on and cleared up , singing out her proposal to her.

 

“A hundred and five is the number that comes to my head

When I think of all the years I wanna be with you

Wake up every morning with you in my bed

That's precisely what I plan to do

 

And you know one of these days when I get my money right

Buy you everything and show you all the finer things in life

We'll forever be in love, so there ain't no need to rush

But one day I won't be able to ask you loud enough

 

I'll say, ‘Will you marry me?’

I swear that I will mean it

I'll say, ‘Will you marry me?’ “

 

Joohyun could feel the tears choking out from her and Wendy managed to quickly wipe off the tears that escaped from her girlfriend’s eyes, chuckling softly afterwards.

 

“I haven’t got the ring ready yet, but I’ve got everything planned out for us. You just have to say yes and I’ll get right on to it, so what do you say? Will you marry me?”

 

“What do you think?” Joohyun sniffled, her nose turning red just like a reindeer.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Yes,” Joohyun gave her a small nod and she managed to lift a smile towards her future wife, or should she say, future husband. Her smile though didn’t last long as Wendy swept her off her feet, carrying her by her arms. “Y-Yah, what are you doing?” she squealed.

 

“To the bedroom, future wife.”

 

“…ert.”

 

“What? This moment calls for it,” Wendy grinned, earning a gentle smack on her shoulder from Joohyun. “What was that for?” she jutted her lips into a pout, faking a whimper.

 

“That moment calls for it.”

 

“Wait until I get you to the bedroom. Oh you’ll pay for that.”

 

 

Author’s Note – Childish and jealous Joohyun is the best. Haha. This is just a short one. I’m still working on something else. I hope that there’s enough cheese and fluff inside this. ; u ;