That night...

Finding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The day has just been one huge broken, overflowing septic tank. Kyuhyun got all the way back to the office before realizing that the kid at the deli have screwed up his order and totally ruined lunch by giving him a vegie deluxe combo.  Then he manage to crankily spilled coffee on one of his favourite new shirt, (the one that makes him look slimmer).    To top it up, Kyuhyun was somewhat proud of his new programed when he present it, but his loser (single and mid-fifty's old) spinster of a manager indirectly suggest he might do better at a manga-maid café than here.  Well she didn't actually said those exact words, hence Kyuhyun can't turn her in, but goddamnit, he knew that's what she was thinking.  Or why else would the topic of his round, perky be brought into a program review. 
 
After such a dreadful day, he got home, and suddenly it all hits his poor little pride at once.  The only comfort was his fat cat lazing over as she stretches to greet him.   Although he got a feeling she doesn't really care as long as the can of cat food place into her kitty bowl.  But Kyuhyun needed to say something in order to comfort both himself and the fat cat.  
 
"Don't worrie, its nothing, just had a bad day," and leave it at that.   Thinking of letting loose and unload all of that /crap/insult/pressure somehow been shovelled onto your back, but there's nothing a fat cat can really do about it. She can't unstained his  shirt, and lunch was six hours ago.  
 
As if telling your pet about your manager would get the hissing thing pissed enough, for a chance she'll smell her way to that spinster and spin-claw her eyes out.  Looking at the now purring thing with a shake of his head.  Kyuhyun decided he just need to get in the tub and drown it out.  And maybe fill the tub with soju or wine, better yet, both.
 
Kyuhyun felt silly because although the is nasty and remains a biatch, it's not the first time it happens.  He can't explain why he's feeling extremely bother about it. He doesn't feel his ability was challenge, cause his assigned work are not really stressful.  It has to be hormones, he told himself.    He dealt with it before and somehow he knows it'll get through this time. He just need to forget about this 'bad' day and hope it has run its course and level out.  And if not, he'll just head over to his hyung's place and make them cry from his words, that always seem to cheer him up extremely.
 
But the day after didn't get better, yea, the biatch have lay off his back but those coffee still found their way on his shirts, pants, bag and even his lemongrass smelling hair.  Anywhere but in his mouth.  Getting lunch become a battle of hide and seek, Kyuhyun tried not to pick the same kid to take his order hence pretending to be in deep thoughts when the kid appear only to hope another one will come by quick.  And his fat cat still as usual.  Fat and a cat.  Life can't seem to give him a break.
 
 
"Maybe you need to get laid"  Came the serious advice from his Hyukki hyung when he went over to haunt them like he's been looking forward since Monday.
 
"Nope, I just need to punch someone in the face!" Barking back at his hyung might had some use if the smirking smile wasn't plaster across that gummy face.  Kyuhyun thought he never actually beat up any of his hyung, but today might just be that lucky day. 
 
"Jinja, Kyunni-ah you do realise its really your problem instead of the everyone else's" Ryewook have always been Kyuhyun's favourite yet its definitely loosing point by the end of that statement.  
 
"Wookie... not you as well... See! everything is turning against me... I have no one on my side beside that fat cat"  Kyuhyun grumble as he cross his arms over his chest and pouted in that hurtful baby expression that makes his hyung 'aigooo' over.   You traitor! always trying to up to Hyuk... give it a rest you idiot!
 
"Kyunni-ah, people always say, the truth hurts.  Perhaps getting in bed is too much to ask for... so, maybe its time for you to ... just meet someone." 
 
"Oh... and you think I have been deliberately hiding myself?!" Kyuhyun's eyes rounded even more and his tone a tad too high. "... Just bcos I don't hump every thing in my radius unlike a certain someone, doesn't mean i'm a prude either."
 
Stomps were heard and Kyuhyun's head were gonna be smack.  While that smack aiming roughly, Kyuhyun's skilfully dodged it.  He's Heechul-hyung narrow his eyes on Kyuhyun, watching the boy got up from the chair only to turn and looking sweet as ever. 
 
"Hyung~~" Kyuhyun's attitude changes a 180degree, rising the brows of his two other hyung as their jaw's dropped a bit.  And was that a little wiggle and stomping?! Heechul on the other hand smirk at his aeygo and 'tsk' his way onto another chair around the dinning table. 
 
"Kyuhyun-ah...please...never do that again"  Hyukki suggest while begging a little.
 
Faking a few loud coughs, Kyuhyun heard loud and clear the echoing of his own aeygo voice sending chills down his spine.  Aside from the one hyung that seem pretty giddy about that 'Hyung~~~' exclaim.  Every one else including Kyuhyun himself, was freaked out by that sudden spin of a wrecking high pitch sound and throat choking aegyo. 
 
"OK! we're going out tonight!" 
 
"hyung... thanx" Kyuhyun took his seat as a sudden sullen aurora steep through.  "but i'm not in the mood right now."
 
"oh, come on Kyu... It'll be fun, there's this really cute..."
 
"...maybe next time... I just wanna go home... i'm kinda sleepy."
 
"It's 9..."
 
"Fatty needs to be feed..."
 
"..."
 
Kyuhyun saw the dejected look of his hyung whom only wanting to help him out, with guilt hanging over, he bravely suggest.  "I'm starting holiday on Monday... we'll go then..."
 
"Who goes clubbing on a weekday...?"
 
Kyuhyun heard the last remark but didn't felt like replying, he blame his sudden sullen mood from the lack of response his hyung show on his snarkiness this evening.  But even to himself it was a little hard to swallow that pill.    
 
And now Kyuhyun is free-falling, a heart-tightening plunge from his office building. Hurtling toward an advancing ground that he knew it'll leave him a spatted mess and he felt bad for this new suit he got with Ryewook the other day.  He screams, but no sound came out or is he too high to hear his own voice from the pressuring wind? 
 
Thump 
 
He never actually hit the ground before waking up in his own bed.  Its the fourth night in a row that Kyuhyun dreamt of falling.  Frustrating from not even getting some nice hours of snooze, Kyuhyun roughly run his sweaty hand through his hair and got up.  He notice how fatty isn't around.
 
must be flirting around the neighbourhood again... that   Kyuhyun thought in his mind as he went over to close off the gap on his balcony.  "even a fat, lazy cat is getting more action than me, how pathetic" Kyuhyun let out a groan after his words ring louder than he wanna handle on this lonely, cold winter evening. 
 
Sitting on his bed with his laptop resting on his lap.  Kyuhyun look for something mindless to numb his brain.  Kyuhyun actually doesn't only play games and  with his laptop, he enjoy reading of the net, sometime blogger writes the funniest and truest crap.  Hence he came across an article about nightmares. 

Falling is one of the top reported nightmares and is motivated by a potential for failure that's out of your hands.  According to a Dr O'Connor it a symbolic way of alerting the dreamer to a situation in his/her waking life where they feel out of control or where things are quite literally going quickly downhill.
 
Well, surely work has not been a piece of cake, but being in the same job for over three years now.  It doesn't make sense to feel crappy about it, shouldn't start now.  "Maybe the apartment is haunted?" Kyuhyum mumble, but even to himself that logic is next to zero.  Giving up after a few more articles, Kyuhyun sigh as he softly throw his notebook on the book next to him.  He tuck his knee in as he rest his chin on them. Is it really ual frustration? Could Hyukkie actually make sense for once?   True, its been a while, but it's not like Kyuhyun wanted it that way.    True, his ex broke up with him cause he can't get a single weekend away for a lover getaway.   And also true, that Kyuhyun was a little of a freak and likes it hard and rough.  Come to think about it, Kyuhyun just realise its already been a little shy of 2 years. 
 
"Crap!...!! no way!!!"
 
Kyuhyun irritatedly kick his feet and punches his fists on the poor bed.  He took his frustration out the only way he could manage.  Through gaming! clicking and navigating through his keyboard, determine to not let his dry spell fizzle anymore into him.  With very little success though.  A sudden whiny sound came to his attention after his soldiers got killed again.  He swear he could throw that cursed laptop down the building, but remembering it was close to new, he choice to roughly slam the damn thing close before investigating on the sound. 

Its around 3am in the morning and Kyuhyun could even hear the water pipe from next door.  What could that unearthly whiny noise come from.  With slow and soft steps Kyuhyun pause to wait for another wave of sound. 
 
"Maybe I am haunted..." Suggesting that theory to himself sounded more fun in his mind. Yet the shivers ran down his spine from another weirdass moan wasn't funny at all. 
 
Baby steps at a time, the black sky above is only illuminated by a heavy moon, and suddenly a louder rustling sound catches Kyuhyun's attention.  His voice splits the night, cracked a little as he mutter a  "w-who's there?!".  He's a i.t double major, honours graduate, ghosts and monster shouldn't even be in his logic, numbers, formula, binary... yet.
 
"...meow...." came the ever so familiar sound.  "Aish...Fatty!!"
 
Kyuhyun huff out crabbily as he stood up straight, a few steps forward to his balcony and unlock the door without even looking as the thing slide pass. If only something like a haunting as exciting will happen to him. 
 
Turning around, Kyuhyun notice how Fatty was just a few step near her bed.  Normally after a long night shut out, he'll find her cosy up as soon as he opens to the warmth of the place.  He was about to give up when another moan came out rather unpleasantly from her.  This time somehow sounded more like a painful whimper and sounded much out of breath.
 
"hey, you ok there..." Patting the soft fur on her made Kyuhyun realise just how long he hasn't really touched her.  She stare right back at his face while her tail wag a little, Kyuhyun smile thinking, doesn't only dogs react as such?.  Something isn't right and Kyuhyun can sense it.  Feeling her tummy as she laid on her side a more daunting realisation came hitting him.
 
"holycrap... you're bleeding..."
 
Kyuhyun ran back into his room, throwing on a jersey before grabbing a towel to wrap her up.  He bend down as softly as he could not to startle the poor thing.  She made an even more heartbreaking whimpering sound as he pick her up.  There wasn't time to fear if the cat would scratch him or not, that moment, Kyuhyun could only think of getting help for her. 
 
Placing the bundle on his passager seat, Kyuhyun press in his GPS for the nearest vet.  Never had he driven pass a red light before, but for his fatty, he did for the first time.  He parked the car and ran into the 24hrs vet.  
 
A man, a tall man in dark blue scrubs with his back towards Kyuhyun turn as he rush forward to the reception.  Kyuhyun couldn't even make out his word as anxiety took over.  Somehow his look was eno
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter